New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hello, I'm about to enter my first race. I have been doing photo comps in GT4 photomode forum here for a long time and decided it was time to move on to GT5P. Last time I did any online racing was '03 or something, so I'm very happy I finally got this started. :)

Hello, I'm about to enter my first race. I have been doing photo comps in GT4 photomode forum here for a long time and decided it was time to move on to GT5P. Last time I did any online racing was '03 or something, so I'm very happy I finally got this started. :)

Welcome to the WRS. đź‘Ť

Welcome to WRS đź‘Ť always nice to see new members flowing in, and always wondering where they will end up ito divisions and how long they will stay :)

Hi everyone, my name is Scott. Been looking at the WRS since GT4 and finally decided to participate in GT5. Better late then never I guess. Look forward to meeting you all in some races (Now finding out this to be harder with an NTSC disc) and some fun competition in WRS, if I can catch any of you lol.

Hi everyone, my name is Scott. Been looking at the WRS since GT4 and finally decided to participate in GT5. Better late then never I guess. Look forward to meeting you all in some races (Now finding out this to be harder with an NTSC disc) and some fun competition in WRS, if I can catch any of you lol.

Welcome, you can import a PAL disc for about 15 pounds for gameplay.co.uk

Yea, im thinking once I hone in my skills a little and am competition worthy I'll have to order a PAL disc to find you guys racing online. For now WRS will be just fine to brush up on my driving.

After racing on-line and getting fed up with being knocked off a lot by bad drivers I am hoping to be a new driver in this series soon when I have set a decent qualifying lap and had it verified.

I am looking forward to racing with lots of other fair drivers (I have actually met quite a few already in the public races).

This may seem like a daft question but how do you actually arrange an online race with other GTP members of the series?

Thanks!

After racing on-line and getting fed up with being knocked off a lot by bad drivers I am hoping to be a new driver in this series soon when I have set a decent qualifying lap and had it verified.

I am looking forward to racing with lots of other fair drivers (I have actually met quite a few already in the public races).

This may seem like a daft question but how do you actually arrange an online race with other GTP members of the series?

Thanks!
Welcome! Just go here and pick a race you like from the online Prologue menu considering the start times given, and be sure to meet some GTP friends online đź‘Ť

Welcome oldnail. If its of any concern. Once you have completed your qualifying lap and PMed it to Sphinx, you dont have to wait for verification if you are ancy to get on with your racing. Any times you make are still recorded but you are just not placed in a division yet so no worries, I'm in the same boat. Out of curiousity, you have an NTSC or PAL disc?

Welcome oldnail. If its of any concern. Once you have completed your qualifying lap and PMed it to Sphinx, you dont have to wait for verification if you are ancy to get on with your racing. Any times you make are still recorded but you are just not placed in a division yet so no worries, I'm in the same boat. Out of curiousity, you have an NTSC or PAL disc?

Thanks for the replies.

That's good to know I will start racing with my new online ID then. How can you tell if the disc is PAL or NTSC? I assume it is PAL as I am from the UK and that is the one I have heard of! I have looked all over the PS3 including the underside and can not find any indication. Presumably it would tell me in the paperwork that came with it which unfortunately is in the loft!

Finally I assume that we will still get potential bad drivers that will slow us down in our races due to luck of the timing of the races? But at least we know there will be some GTP racers in the race who will be fair!

When you live in the UK and if you have bought the PS3 and Prologue disk in a normal store, be sure that you are PAL. NTSC can only be had if looked for in the special import channels đź‘Ť

Hi all, I'm new to WRS, well sort of, I used to lurk the GT4 WRS and do the races but never signed up because I couldn't upload replays, hurray for PS3's.đź‘Ť
Anyway, looking forward to some good racing, the standard here is certainly high, if it wasn't for the replays I'd have assumed the time posted here where works of fiction:eek:.

Thanks!

Hello there oldnail. Nice to see you here at GTPlanet. đź‘Ť I've been racing against you at Fuji FWD Event. :)

Hello there oldnail. Nice to see you here at GTPlanet. đź‘Ť I've been racing against you at Fuji FWD Event. :)

Thanks, yes I remember you in the orange Focus, we have had some good races! I have now got a blue Focus as well as the orange one which I have set up to be very oversteery. It is great fun but is a bit tricky especially when I get nerfed from behind!

Thanks, yes I remember you in the orange Focus, we have had some good races! I have now got a blue Focus as well as the orange one which I have set up to be very oversteery. It is great fun but is a bit tricky especially when I get nerfed from behind!

Yes. That event can get really hectic, if people are to eager to make a pass, nearly on every corner. :crazy:

Sorry about that oldnail, should have made that a little more clear, downside to not re-reading my posts. As was said since you live in the UK you would have a PAL disc. Reason for asking is that I run an NTSC disc as Im from Canada and have trouble findind GTP racers online.

Welcome to the new guys.

Enjoy the races.đź‘Ť

Good to see the GT5P WRS is interesting for many new racers.
It was a bit of a gamble to step over from GT4 to the PS3 Prologue.
But all went well and together (racers and admin) we will make it to a success just by being different and innovative.

:cheers:

I'm new to the WRS, I decided to have a go at this race and see how I go.

Hi GTP'ers, GTP_Wanna_B aka Cashwars, new to WRS, not sure if i can every week, will give it a go, Bye for now

Hi everyone!
Now that IFTC is finished, I have some more time spare. I guess you guys will have to suffer me then. :)

I think I may have masochistic leanings :crazy:

Hi everyone!
Now that IFTC is finished, I have some more time spare. I guess you guys will have to suffer me then. :)

I think I may have masochistic leanings :crazy:

Good to see you here. I joined after IFTC as well. Welcome to WRS!

Hi all,

I'm Maz, I know most of you from various online events and figured it was about time to start competing here in the WRS now that I've had my tag for a while.

I'm Div 2 bronze and race with Sixaxis, took part in about half of the IFTC races and am usually game for most GTP-organised events. The variety in the events here is a real attraction as well as the opportunity to progress through the divisions, there's real achievements to be had here.

Can't wait to get stuck in :)

All the best
Maz

Hi all,

I'm Maz, I know most of you from various online events and figured it was about time to start competing here in the WRS now that I've had my tag for a while.

I'm Div 2 bronze and race with Sixaxis, took part in about half of the IFTC races and am usually game for most GTP-organised events. The variety in the events here is a real attraction as well as the opportunity to progress through the divisions, there's real achievements to be had here.

Can't wait to get stuck in :)

All the best
Maz

Nice to see you're joining the WRS, Maz đź‘Ť :cheers:

HEY . . . . Names mat, very new to this but been playing GT since GT1. totally a noob at the WRS but look s like fun, right better have a look at this qualifying stuff.

Hope to have fun cheers

Back