New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi all,

New to WRS and on line racing generally and looking forward to improving my times and understanding of lines etc.

Got close to joining for GT6 but just did not have the time and my 'raw' pace is somewhat lacking.

Now that I've been able to retire early and we have a new polished Gran Tourismo game to use I've now got the time to put in practice and learning .....the question is do I have the aptitude and skill too !

memo: as signature indicates using a secondary account for GTP WRS and any future 'serious' on line racing.

Hi all!

I’m new to WRS but have been racing since the original Gran Turismo. Recently upgraded from driving Automatic with the pad to manual on my T300RS wheel & Playseat Evolution setup.
Despite playing these games for so long I’m not the fastest, but I’m looking forward to testing myself against you all in the time trials

Played every GT except GT6 with gusto. My first time racing online though and first time in a league of sorts.
Looking forward to improving my skills, meeting others and avoiding fruit bowl related incidents.
Currently using a DS4 on the triggers, driving line, slushmatic, ABS and whatever TC setting I feel like. No other aids.
Not going to trouble the frontrunners but am aiming for a 1s deficit per minute. Not there yet but a hopefully realistic goal.

Played every GT except GT6 with gusto. My first time racing online though and first time in a league of sorts.
Looking forward to improving my skills, meeting others and avoiding fruit bowl related incidents.
Currently using a DS4 on the triggers, driving line, slushmatic, ABS and whatever TC setting I feel like. No other aids.
Not going to trouble the frontrunners but am aiming for a 1s deficit per minute. Not there yet but a hopefully realistic goal.
Welcome. 👍

Just keep making posts like this one, and you can be whatever speed you want. :lol:

I did. A lot of non consensual rear play happened. Apparently breathing helps... I'm still talking about the car... My safe word is Pineapple...

Just so you know, 'pineapple' is definitely going to be one of the share tags for replays this week.

The guys I was hanging out with in chat last night said my safe word is 🤬 (rhymes with duck). ;)

EDK
Welcome. 👍

Just keep making posts like this one, and you can be whatever speed you want. :lol:

Just so you know, 'pineapple' is definitely going to be one of the share tags for replays this week.

The guys I was hanging out with in chat last night said my safe word is 🤬 (rhymes with duck). ;)
Is that safe word of yours Truck? ;):lol::D

Hi All!
Firstly if this is out of place accept my apologies and admins please delete post.
I say it might be out of place as I am actually not new to WRS. But I thought this is a great place to say hello to the community and my long lost friends from the GT5 Prologue days :-).
Took me a while to get my gear together and back into Gran Turismo in general... PS4, (compatible (grrrrhhh!) wheel), lastly the game. But now I've gotten into GTS, love it, and to my pleasure discovered the trusty WRS still exists!
Looking forward to some racing!
Greetings to all from Heiko aka GTP_Ren !!!

Ren
Hi All!
Firstly if this is out of place accept my apologies and admins please delete post.
I say it might be out of place as I am actually not new to WRS. But I thought this is a great place to say hello to the community and my long lost friends from the GT5 Prologue days :-).
Took me a while to get my gear together and back into Gran Turismo in general... PS4, (compatible (grrrrhhh!) wheel), lastly the game. But now I've gotten into GTS, love it, and to my pleasure discovered the trusty WRS still exists!
You were already immortalized. :lol:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-68-ren-goes-to-london.125563/

Hi guys,
I look forward to some fair races.
I still don't have PS Plus but I'd like to have some PS friends so that I can start comparing my laps in the rankings
My nick is GTP_2299 , please send me a friendship invitation or give me your nick so that I can invite you.
Thanks

I hope this is the right thread... I was also wondering if there is, in the forum, an updated list of GT Sport GT Planet members.

Heyo! I'm known as Askorbiini - Asko for short - and I hail from the coastal region of Finland.

I always were much more into rally games, but I own and have played all the (main title) Gran Turismos so far, even though I always seemed to stop after cars got too fast for me (Le Mans race cars, etc.).
I played GT5 with a wheel for a while online with a Finnish console racing community, but stopped since I didn't have enough time and I really never had the interest of circuit driving. Now, after all these years, I've grown an interest to do so from other games, so I got myself a new PS4 compatible G29 wheel and decided to have a new go at this time trialing to build up speed first, before I dare to go into online races.

Ren
Hi All!

Great to see you again mate!! I'm also trying a comeback at this malarkey, time for us old timers to get back up to speed!!

Hi everyone,
Slow old guy here, new to WRS but not to GT. Been playing since it was first released, I guess almost 20 years ago by now. Still have every version and the PlayStations that they go with. GT is the only reason I bought a PS in the first place. I believe in racing clean, hard and never give up. I like what this group is doing and look forward to some good racing!
:gtpflag:

I never introduced myself, but have been doing the time trials since week one. I bought a PlayStation back in the day just for the original GT. I haven't played any GT's since Gt 3. I didn't plan on buying this one until I played the free demo. I wasn't able to give them my money fast enough to buy it after that free weekend. I also haven't had PS Plus for 3 years, I usually play RPG's, but this game is worth it the extra monthly cost.

I am like Oldguy58, I race clean and never give up. I only get maybe an hour a day to play, so these Time Trials are perfect for me, I am improving every week. Hoping to try some of the NA races, but we will see. I am really enjoying my time here.

I think you guys found the right place. :gtpflag: Welcome! You will soon wish you'd found WRS almost 15yrs ago when it started here! I only found these loony gals n' guys at the end of GT5P, right before GT5 released in late 2010, after being trained for 10yrs by PD to bash your way to the front against the AI. :dunce: Since joining here, I've had way too much fun competing against real humans in WRS TT's and online races. :embarrassed:

hello everyone i am new to wrs and looking for a way to improve on gt sport. i race on wheel since gt5p with a g25 then a t150 for gt6 and now gt sport.And i do have a g29 for pc sim racing and i race in gtfusion. i mostly race without tune so i can get faster at it. (PS i am only 16)

Last edited:
Back