New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi I'm Manny from the Philippines. I joined WSGTC before but was not able to finish season 3 (I think) due to time zone conflict and my busy sked. I love to race but needs a lot of practice and improvement (always >5 seconds behind the best drivers).
I have three G27 (and PS3 of course), one for me and my 2 kids (who love to play battle field and GTA, NOT gran turismo ).

My online sked: 1800 hrs and up, hongkong time (+8)

Anybody with same time zone, please FR me: ma19n6ny9, GTP_Bayani

Manny, you must know Masi from WSGTC? He ran with us when we first started WRS Online, but haven't seen him for quite some time.

Manny, you must know Masi from WSGTC? He ran with us when we first started WRS Online, but haven't seen him for quite some time.

Yup, I know him. He invited me in that series. Seen once in a while on fb.

I'm curious, is this reference to the political group?
You're from the Philippines so it could make sense :D

Btw, thanks for posting your video. It helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I'm new to WRS but I'm lucky enough to have been playing GT since número uno. Excited to give this a shot and have already had a lot of fun trying to shave time off my laps for the qualifier! I've been racing with the Logitech df pro/corsa racing seat setup GT5 and usually drive with all aids off except ABS on 1. Not really sure how my times will stack up but I'm usually 4-7 seconds or so behind the world leaders on the seasonal events. Looking forward to honing in some new skills in 2014!

PSN ID is also Provolone. I'm racing from Northern Atlanta GA!

Hi Everybody,
I' m Lococurling from Brazil, this is my first time here and I want to learn about these events.
Hi everyone,

I would like to participate in these races, they seem like fun. PSN: superdi98

Welcome! For now, run the qualifier (if you haven't started already) and get your submission in prior to the initial deadline. Then you'll be set to compete in all our events.

We are also planning on a couple online track days / unofficial racing days starting in early January which you are welcome to join while working on the qualifier (or after submitting). More information coming soon on those events. Keep an eye on the qualifier discussion thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_registry-discussion-thread-gt6.294750/

Hey all, I'm SVX, real name Josh. :)

I'm a bit of a young 'un, only 14 years of age. Been playing GT for most of my life, as I had a PS1 at a very early age.

I've just started with using my wheel, which is a DFGT, and I think I've gotten mostly up to speed with it. All I know is that my DS3 records are getting smashed. :D

Some may know me from my gallery threads which I try to update often.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the track. :)

Greetings and Salutations,

I've been playing GT since the original, one of those "must get 100% gold" types... Finally decided that with the launch of GT6 I'd really like to join an online league, since I could never really find a decent online race in GT5 which lead me to never really playing online... and I'd like to change that.

I consider myself the fastest guy around in the "Driving with kids simultaneously using me as a jungle gym" class. If you ever need me, you can probably find me poking fun at the "I take this way too seriously" types. (First few pages of the Qualifier Discussion thread were comedy gold, btw)

I'm here for fun, to learn from these quick kids who seem to be obeying completely different laws of physics... but most of all for the community.

Severn

Hi. I am looking for a good and fun races online and i hope that this racing series let me taste it. I don't have a lot of time but i'll try to stay behind the wheel when the races start.

See you on virtual tarmac!!

Although I"ll most likely lose most if not all races I hope to improve my driving skill and race clean. Good luck to all and see you on the track, Bill

This is a good place to improve and find clean racing. 99% of the time there is always someone to compete with at WRS on track as the level goes from the Aliens to the Casual and they all aim for fun and competition.

Hello all and Happy New Years! I'm Bert from Las Vegas and I am excited to start 2014 with some WRS excitement.
I've been playing the Gran Turismo series since 1 but I just recently got a G27 and built a Simul8r rig for it. What a difference! It changes the entire aspect of the game. I'm passed the phase with modding cars as it gets too expensive. Which is why I spent the $60 to mod any car I want in GT6!
This will be my first time joining this type of league but I'm excited to start racing and learn as much as I can to improve my skills. Let's do this!

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone. Name's Darius, from Western Australia, 25 of age, photographer by trade.
I'm gonna be participating for the first time in the WRS time trials.
Kinda nervous to see how I stack up against all of yous haha. :scared:

Hi all. I'm new in this competition. I'm 27 and I'm a DS3 player ATM.
Looking forward to see where I stand in WRS community
I'll be doing my first practice laps tomorrow. :)

Hey all. I'm not really "new", but back after a 3 year hiatus. Qualified when GT5 came out and only did 1 or 2 TTs. Partially because of life events, but partially because I wasn't very good.

Or maybe it was because I didn't have a cool racing chair... My wife took care of that this xmas :)

Taking another stab at it, and hoping to stick with it long enough to either get better, or be confident that I really am that awful ;)

Back