pCARS Patch Notes - 1.4

Went on vacation on this came out, awesome! The only things I care about right now is Fanatec and FFB fixes. I haven't put any significant time into the game because of those issues, so I haven't really seen most of the other problems yet. SMS has been busy though, awesome!

Most race cars are not 900 degrees though?
No they aren't.

Imagine a F1 driver handling a wheel with 900 degrees... F1 cars and lots of other racing spec cars have very short wheel lock.
As mentioned earlier, the game adjust to the steering speed of the actual car automatically, in my limited experience with 4 or 5 racing sims so far, this happens in all "true" sims. PCars does offer the additional option of changing this even further in the tuning menus. So anyone with a wheel should just set it up with the maximum rotation the wheel offers and then adjust each car individually as needed.

Shall i go through your post history for the last 3 days, see if i can come up with you repeating yourself somewhere? Don't tell me what i can or cannot post.
I wasnt telling you what to type , nice try . All i was say is WE GET IT

Go ahead dig my post up , MOST are just try to help .

Wow! That is an impressive list of fixes. This re-inforces my faith in SMS to tidy up the imperfections in the game. Can't wait for it to become available on PS4 :D

AI improvement sound great as well as the gfx bugs, performance fix 👍

Probably a course Maker just to put the last nail in the gt6 coffin.

GT6 has awesome track list and the RB ring, updated suzuka, Sierra rally, midfield raceway which were all free. I never understood which people complain about the course maker. Probably people who have not even played the game :scared:

Somewhere in the future...

I doubt it'll be long before it's released. It certainly won't be one of PD's "in the future" lol. I'm happy they're working so hard on fixing things up so quickly. GT6 had a lot of bugs on release too, and PD took months to fix them, and PD's bug fixes only fixed one or two at a time, which is probably why some of the worst bugs in GT6 are still in the game over a year and a half later.

Can someone point me at the thrustmaster "all button pressed" bug infos?

Also, since the actual issue is the wheels calling the share menu', would mapping the share button to something "unharming" like headlights block the issue?

As last resort, i imagine that using the wheel on ps3 more and getting it recognized as a t500 would work?

Thanks for any answer, it happened me just 3 times in 45 hours but it concerns me a lot.

Then i'm done for... Is warrantry going through trustmaster or reseller?
i don't know, i bought it from amazon and should be replaced by them within 2 year with a new product no matter what.
However i also contacted thrustmaster and they said they want a video to proceed.. but i can't film myself 24/7 when playing cause the issues is totally random and at the moment rare. Moreover i read that people is receiving new wheels with the same problem..

Can someone point me at the thrustmaster "all button pressed" bug infos?

Also, since the actual issue is the wheels calling the share menu', would mapping the share button to something "unharming" like headlights block the issue?

As last resort, i imagine that using the wheel on ps3 more and getting it recognized as a t500 would work?

Thanks for any answer, it happened me just 3 times in 45 hours but it concerns me a lot.

It depends if it overdrives the share button, in driveclub the wheels automatically presses option+r3 putting you in photomode and even if r3 was not assigned the game would go into photomode anyway.

On ps3 is the same. If i remeber well the ps button was pressed.

In pcars is the share button and up arrow.

As i said is a very common issues, you have like me a faulty wheel and there are no solution expect of living with it or going for a refund if you are able to make a video of it and thurstmaster can replicate it. Which is not easy cause is totally random.. it happened to me 3 times in a day and than nothing for 3 months. Won't be patched cause is not a game issue. Sorry for the offtopic.

You gotta love the transparency of SMS.
You gotta love that there's actually at least one race game developer with a major release out there about whom neither your nor my post could be considered to be sarcastic. I hope SMS continue to deliver and prove the haters and doubters wrong.

Last edited:
I hope SMS continue to deliver and prove the haters and doubters wrong
I like pCARS. I'm glad SMS are so active in their resolving of issues. I'm sure in 3 months or so, the game will be peachy

But honestly, it did ship with an awful lot still to do as far as polish goes. I'm not saying it should have been perfect, but it should imo have been closer to it

SMS will hopefully get PCars improved quite quickly. The fact that the devs acknowledge the problems makes a refreshing change and I admire their communication.

I still don't know whether I'll ever buy PCars, I'm still stuck with a G27 that won't work on the PS4. I'm just being patient.......which isn't easy for me. :lol:

I'm still stuck with a G27 that won't work on the PS4. I'm just being patient.......which isn't easy for me. :lol:

I'm stuck with a Fanatec GT2 that doesn't work in Project CARS, & many people are stuck with Thrustmaster T300's that are buggy - join the club! ;)

Seriously though, we'll probably know more about legacy support when the G29 is revealed at E3, so hang on in there.

"Water water everywhere & not a drop to drink."

VBR
Seriously though, we'll probably know more about legacy support when the G29 is revealed at E3, so hang on in there.
It looks highly likely that the potential Logitech announcement at E3 will also coincide with the PCars 1.4 update......due to the fact that there is something within the 1.4 patch that has an NDA attached to it. So I'm expecting the PCars 1.4 update on or around the same time as E3 which is 16th - 18th.

Here's hoping that the 1.4 update fixes the problems with all our wheels. 👍 Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if the G27 still doesn't get support and that the G29 will be the recommended fix. :banghead:

Anyone got a crystal ball?

Does anyone know if the 1.3 gamepad fixes for the Xbone will be rolled out for the PS4?
Huh? I didn't think you PS4 guys had any problems regarding snap oversteer and only using a fraction of the left stick. Are you sure it's not just cold tyres?

it's funny how they're enabling the PS4 motion controls when I think I remember Andy T saying that control method wouldn't add anything to the experience. looks like players have asked for it and they listened, which is great.

Huh? I didn't think you PS4 guys had any problems regarding snap oversteer and only using a fraction of the left stick. Are you sure it's not just cold tyres?

It really isn't an issue if I race clean lines and stay focused(Which is my biggest issue), but sometimes I struggle to straighten out. Too much counter steer isn't my issue, but if the car oversteers by anything more than ~30 degrees it goes on an unresponsive ghost ride into a barrier. Not to hijack this thread, but does anybody have any recommendations as far as game pad configurations to help my small problem?

It really isn't an issue if I race clean lines and stay focused(Which is my biggest issue), but sometimes I struggle to straighten out. Too much counter steer isn't my issue, but if the car oversteers by anything more than ~30 degrees it goes on an unresponsive ghost ride into a barrier. Not to hijack this thread, but does anybody have any recommendations as far as game pad configurations to help my small problem?
don't know about pad settings but have you tried adjusting the 2 limited slip sliders in the car set up? I've found these help massively reduce overpowering out of corners and stops the back end coming round on you. also helps stop wobble under braking. might help you out a bit

don't know about pad settings but have you tried adjusting the 2 limited slip sliders in the car set up? I've found these help massively reduce overpowering out of corners and stops the back end coming round on you. also helps stop wobble under braking. might help you out a bit

Thanks, I really haven't messed with the tuning(Although I know my way around setting up the cars to counter too much oversteer, but I do fancy a bit of sideways). I just figured it was more user/pad error since I expect to be able to catch and straighten a slight drift using throttle modulations and precise steering inputs. I will definitely give the LS a shot though!

Back