[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,167 views
Evo VI TME / Ford Focus RS - tire wear x2

Willow Springs International 12:00 clear weather
Nurburgring Sprint Short
Monza Short
Hockenehim Short
Oscherleban National
All star: Cadwell GP
 
Can you post some of the lap times, please and thanks.
Looking at a 31.x race pace with mediums on. Qualy probably in the low 29's, possibly a high 28 if the conditions and the lap are just right (traffic will be an issue for qualy).
Potential best with softs on was 28.9 for me, with mediums was 30.Idon'tremember. But that's really pushing the tyres (which the fronts dislike), hence the slower race pace.

Also, on the strategy front, no way to run the race with one tank of fuel (50 litres max, 2.2 lap average, 30 laps likely to be the pace for race 1, race 2 could see one less lap due to formation lap), so the pit stop strategy will be interesting.

By the way, @Alex ONeill and/or @Zii1993, can we get a clarification on the expected behaviour during qualy for slower cars (meaning out or in laps)? Race rules (car behind responsible for passing) apply? Or are people not in flyers supposed to keep off the racing line as best as possible?
 
@aerolite

I doubt this helps but during my brief practice session a couple of days ago I managed to get the soft tires to last about 4 laps (including the out lap) with very low fuel and going flat out. On the best laps of those 4 I could get in the 28s. But I doubt I will run those tires in the race.

Probably looking at 30s to 32s on mediums depending on how hard you push, fuel level and how low the tires are.



Edit...Ninja by Flip
 
@aerolite

I doubt this helps but during my brief practice session a couple of days ago I managed to get the soft tires to last about 4 laps (including the out lap) with very low fuel and going flat out. On the best laps of those 4 I could get in the 28s. But I doubt I will run those tires in the race.

Probably looking at 30s to 32s on mediums depending on how hard you push, fuel level and how low the tires are.



Edit...Ninja by Flip
Well, you ninja'ed me on the track listing, so fair's fair...

I can't see the softs being an option, to be honest. You gain 1.5, 2 seconds a lap for 4-5 laps then lose everything in the next ones when the tyres die.
Nice to have qualy tyres after the Lotus POS shoes, but racing them would be recommended only for people that miss Lady Lotus and her sliding around...
 
Schedule updated in post 3

Sorry I've been super busy with work and getting myself my new carry gun.
IMG_0190.PNG


For those who can't read it that says DESERT EAGLE 1911
:dopey:
 
Schedule updated in post 3

Sorry I've been super busy with work and getting myself my new carry gun.
View attachment 606674

For those who can't read it that says DESERT EAGLE 1911
:dopey:

Very nice! I was looking at a new Sig Sauer 1911 this past weekend myself.
 
Last edited:
Some things cannot be unseen.

And it looks like he's a Guitar Hero as well...that's just swell...

We can only hope the gun accidentally goes off right now ;)
 
@Alex ONeill @Zii1993
Would you guys happen to have decided on time progression for tomorrow night? Would like to know if it's going to get dark, thanks.
 
Our current driver's list has nearly the same number as those that drove in Snail's GT6 Sunday night league (this past Sunday). We certainly don't have their turnout numbers on race night, but it's still interesting to watch the transition from GT6 to PCars.
 
Last edited:
Since I missed last night I am going to run 45min tonight for fuel mileage and tire wear. Last minute prep. Probably be on around 8:30-9.
 
Ran some laps with @Lessen last night to see if my strategy was viable. Glad I did because I ran out of gas way sooner than I thought and my tires didn't last as long as I hoped.

So...add more gas and drive like a grandma I guess. I hate not being able to race without fear of tires wearing out :) You basically have to ignore everyone on the track and drive your own pace...which very rarely works :)
 
My setup needs a lot of work. It was good to put some laps down. always long term benefits to learning the cars' nature before fiddling too much. At least for me.
 
Are you called the "look out wankers" or "driving while intoxicated"?

Both are fitting :)
 
Are you called the "look out wankers" or "driving while intoxicated"?

Both are fitting :)
Punctuation in the first one can take it in many different directions...
 
Back