[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,199 views
My wife is passing a kidney stone. I just told her she can go to bed and I'll take care of Junior. Sorry, I'm out for tonight. Good luck to everyone else. Many apologies.
 
This is how I crew chief for @Harley Owen on race night.

14793492643251620104950.jpg

Sorry for the potato cam.
 
I had to pit 5 times that first race, 3 times they didn't give me tyres. :boggled:
 
Well that was certainly an entertaining night of racing, awesome to see a full room for race 1 and to only lose two in the second even better, albeit after our woes of trying to get it going. Glad we kept at it!
Congrats to @Harley Owen for the double win, you sir, had some amazing pace, and to do it on soft tires! :bowdown: :cheers:

On a different note, this is worth watching: http://www.fia.com/action-of-the-year-2016
 
It would be literally impossible to go more than 5 laps on softs in the Focus. Must be some sort of tire wear glitch on the 4wd cars. And to set fastest laps with the tire indicators all the way down? That's messed up fo sho.

But was fun night overall driving the Focus. The reverse grid starts need some work though :)
 
It would be literally impossible to go more than 5 laps on softs in the Focus. Must be some sort of tire wear glitch on the 4wd cars. And to set fastest laps with the tire indicators all the way down? That's messed up fo sho.

But was fun night overall driving the Focus. The reverse grid starts need some work though :)

The reverse grid starts are usually pretty smooth, lots of new guys last night. should be better for the next race.
 
It looks like all things considered the cars themselves seem closely matched...except on the start. I think I went from 2nd to 8th...all the Lancers blew right past me ;) But I don't care how good your touch is...being able to run 1:27-1:28s on soft bald tires for over 20mins definitely tips the scales methinks.
 
Last edited:
It looks like all things considered the cars themselves seem closely matched...except on the start. I think I went from 2nd to 8th...all the Lancers blew right past me ;) But I don't care how good your touch is...being able to run 1:27-1:28s on soft bald tires for over 20mins definitely tips the scales methinks.

It does seem a little strange, personally I drove the EVO on mediums and by the end of the stint that left front was getting a little sketchy.
 

I still cannot believe I was disqualified for getting hit while I was sliding. Great picture of it by the way!! Well time to get ready for the next race!
 
As @Harley Owen crew chief, I can say he did extremely well taking care of the tires. Every pitstop was hair-raising to say the least as he was sideways for the majority of the in lap. My hat goes off to you sir for an amazing drive.
 
As @Harley Owen crew chief, I can say he did extremely well taking care of the tires. Every pitstop was hair-raising to say the least as he was sideways for the majority of the in lap. My hat goes off to you sir for an amazing drive.

1:27s is taking care of the tires? Every pit stop? All two of them?

pCJ2yhB.gif
 
Every season I seem to be able to find a way to be uncompetitive. As much as I love driving the Focus, having no choice but to pit at least twice killed my fun, well, it was still fun but I should have kicked Areos keester.....he was soooo slow. Lol.

I want to change cars......can I? Huh? Can I? C'mon Mom, pleeeeease.
 
it was still fun but I should have kicked Areos keester.....he was soooo slow. Lol.

I want to change cars......can I? Huh? Can I? C'mon Mom, pleeeeease.

Wawawa........always an excuse........let's see.....yup.....I'm slow.....but where did I finish?............and where were you, oh ya, behind me.......what do we call you.....oh ya...Slooooban..........there's always next week grasshoppa........now quit whining.........stick with your Focus.......and don't be a DP!
 
Wawawa........always an excuse........let's see.....yup.....I'm slow.....but where did I finish?............and where were you, oh ya, behind me.......what do we call you.....oh ya...Slooooban..........there's always next week grasshoppa........now quit whining.........stick with your Focus.......and don't be a DP!

Yeah, stop your flippin' whining @Mike Lobban. Here's a bit of honest advice... stop trying to run so many series'. Review the races from here and work on learning what the leaders are doing. You're not going to get faster just doing the same thing every week. Spend more time practicing last weeks' race and less time worrying about next.

Step 1: Learn
Step 2: Apply
 
It would be literally impossible to go more than 5 laps on softs in the Focus. Must be some sort of tire wear glitch on the 4wd cars. And to set fastest laps with the tire indicators all the way down? That's messed up fo sho.

But was fun night overall driving the Focus. The reverse grid starts need some work though :)

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, due to my best grip was around 50% after that grip started to fall off and was almost entirely gone at around 10%
 
I'm going to be honest. After some private conversations I do think the playing field is not level between these two cars...in this particular series. Taking tire wear out of equation...these cars are pretty close as seen by qualifying times.

But when you add in tire wear...the front wheel drive car is at a severe disadvantage to the 4wd car.

I know we made our bed by choosing the Focus but I don't think the organizers expected this kind of tire wear disparity to pop up.

I am sticking with the Focus just to be a little different from the majority but we are definitely at a disadvantage.
 
I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, due to my best grip was around 50% after that grip started to fall off and was almost entirely gone at around 10%
Last night you said you ran your fastest times when the tire indicator showed almost zero left. And when they were down to nothing it gripped better than when they were new.
 
0% on the tire indicator is 50% on the tires. Project Cars tire indicators are useless. Using PCars Dash or VrHive like I do in this picture is the only way to tell true tire wear.

View attachment 607232
 
Last night you said you ran your fastest times when the tire indicator showed almost zero left. And when they were down to nothing it gripped better than when they were new.

That I did. And it's true. The in-game indicator isn't indicative to the real tire wear. When the indicator ran out that was 50% wear. But in the last laps of my stint, it was near undrivable and very very loose. Like Aero said, smooth and gentle.

Edit: Tree'd
 
Last edited:
The Focus on the other hand is undriveable long before that. When the indicator hits zero on the Focus it will no longer steer. When you hit the brakes it just does a pirouette.

Anyways. I'm not saying you're cheating or anything. I'm just saying the playing field is not even.
 
I had never thought you were accusing me. I'm just stating what I was experiencing.
 
Lesson, I run 2 series..... too much for you? Too bad. Thanks so much for the advice tho sonny.:dunce:
Aero..... again, bite me:lol:.
Dp??? Dp?? Now that hurts.
Hey, no-one knew the Focus would be such a tire pig. I ran with the Pcars dash on last night and my front tires were down to below 10% after 9 laps. Having to make 2 stops as compared to 1 for the Mitsu equals a major disadvantage in my book. I asked to change cars, whats wrong with that? If you don't ask, you don't get. I will run the Focus without complaint if I have to. I just want a competitive room where the cars are equal. This season is not providing that with the different wear on the tires. Idea, run two classes with reflective points for this season. I love driving the Focus and I don't really want to change cars, but I also would like a chance at competing in an even race.:cheers:
 
Many of us in ,the evo had to make 2 pitstops. I tested the car the night before and got to the 20 min. Mark without issues, race night needed 2 stops. I think it's just the way it's driven.
 
Lesson, I run 2 series..... too much for you? Too bad. Thanks so much for the advice tho sonny.:dunce:

too much for me? I don't have anything to do with your self-diagnosed lack of competitiveness. I'm just giving you a suggestion of how you could spend your hobby time if you want to be more competitive in this particular league or in general. If you weren't fussing about how uncompetitive you're finding yourself I wouldn't have bothered to respond. You certainly do not have to take heed of my suggestion, but it seems kind of crappy to complain about lack of competitiveness, then get snotty when somebody offers honest constructive critisism. You can keep your dunce cap to yourself and go cry in the corner over your lack of pace, consistency or whatever plagues you.... wanker.

I asked to change cars, whats wrong with that?

Um... because it has been made pretty clear in the series regulations that you must run the entire season with the car you choose. It's pretty straightforward... sonny.
 
Back