[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,243 views
Many of us in ,the evo had to make 2 pitstops. I tested the car the night before and got to the 20 min. Mark without issues, race night needed 2 stops. I think it's just the way it's driven.

I would tend to agree. Many of us tend to stray from disciplined driving when under pressure. Overdriving, abusing tires, excessive steering usage etc. The drive to catch or defend can certainly cause a driver to lose sight of fundamentals.
 
I would tend to agree. Many of us tend to stray from disciplined driving when under pressure. Overdriving, abusing tires, excessive steering usage etc. The drive to catch or defend can certainly cause a driver to lose sight of fundamentals.

Might I add its about how you compose yourself under pressure. In the second race I was having to fight my way thru the field. Control is the name of the game with these cars. At least with the Evo it is.
 
Might I add to this conversation,I actually had to stop 3 times in the Evo,but also according to Pcars Dash I ran the second fast lap next to @Harley Owen in the second race too,I was really pushing the car to catch back up from off track mistakes
 
On another note,provisional lap times at Nurburgring Sprint short,I ran a 1:27.536 just running with the same setup I used at Willow Springs,I don't think tire wear here is gonna be near as drastic as it was last race,just my simple observation from running a few laps the other night after the race
 
hey Josh, lets stop this right now. Dunce cap was for me :dunce: but after looking, yeah it was misplaced. Sorry about that. You must know by now that I am a clown of sorts. Every post I make attempts to get a chuckle from the guys, especially the self-depreciating ones. I like it when people can laugh at me and with me when I say something stupid. I don't know why you felt the need to spank me after that first post, you were the only one to take offence, other than Steve who obviously made it tounge in cheek, 'cause he is an Uber Wanker and a close friend for almost 30 years.
You weren't there the other night,(I don't think so anyway), I am not the only one complaining about the tires on the Focus, every tune and tire pressure change could not alter the outcome of done tires after 9 laps and that 9th lap was scary to say the least. I think most of us in the Ford would switch if given the chance. But I had to ask, why not? If the goal is to have a competive series, the cars should be equal, no? Right now, they are not. Calling out facts is not whining, it's being proactive to keep this season competitive. I'm in, regardless of the car I'm driving.

Aero, the DP comment really hurt, really. Lol

I was going to send this in a PM, but I wanted to make it clear to the group that the :dunce: was for me, not Lesson.
 
Yeah I think the idea of two different but equal cars was good...if tire wear was turned off.

If Harley can run 23 mins on soft tires in the Focus and get 1:27-1:28s the whole way then I will take it all back and eat Lobbans week old underwear.
 
Yeah I think the idea of two different but equal cars was good...if tire wear was turned off.

If Harley can run 23 mins on soft tires in the Focus and get 1:27-1:28s the whole way then I will take it all back and eat Lobbans week old underwear.

Week old? I thought I heard he only had two pair... this could get interesting


I also think it's kind of stupid you need to buy a third party app to see where your tires are at because the game can't display that information correctly.
 
Last edited:
Track set up for the next race:

Nurburgring Sprint Short

Weather - Thunder storm
Time progression - x2
Tire wear - x2
Time - 12:00
 
Week old? I thought I heard he only had two pair... this could get interesting


I also think it's kind of stupid you need to buy a third party app to see where your tires are at because the game can't display that information correctly.

You can also run VR Hive which is free and will run on a laptop along with the crew chief app.
 
Week old? I thought I heard he only had two pair... this could get interesting
You need more than two pairs? That's why I buy brown and yellow boxers.

I also think it's kind of stupid you need to buy a third party app to see where your tires are at because the game can't display that information correctly.
 
Nurburgring Sprint Short

Weather - Thunder storm

I tend to think this will minimize the tire wear issue. However it may create a few new ones.:confused::confused:
 
If we were getting paid by sponsors to race then a little joy jumping might be in order.

I doubt the organizers knew the kind of advantage the Lancer would have in a prolonged dry race before they chose these cars. So there will be no joy jumping until we see how next week plays out. Then of course it will be back to the dry probably...so dejection will most likely ensue ;)
 
I imagine you've read the Donaldson biography on Gilles?

Thanks for making me think of that flip, I had to go digging in some box's of old books but found it. Just started reading it again,(probably been 20 yrs), so it's like reading a new book all over again. Mind you, I was most likely medicated when I read it back then so it's no wonder I don't remember much out of it!

IMG_0001.JPG
 
If we were getting paid by sponsors to race then a little joy jumping might be in order.

I doubt the organizers knew the kind of advantage the Lancer would have in a prolonged dry race before they chose these cars. So there will be no joy jumping until we see how next week plays out. Then of course it will be back to the dry probably...so dejection will most likely ensue ;)

Each car has its advantages and disadvantages. We were all given the choice of which car we would like to drive for the season. Each car has enough liveries to easily accommodate the entire field in the same car if that was what everyone had chosen. It was up to each driver to make the decision for themselves based on driving style, skill involved, tire wear, etc.

Sincerely,
"The Organizers"
 
I also think it's kind of stupid you need to buy a third party app to see where your tires are at because the game can't display that information correctly.
This kind if annoyed me too at first. I was actually confused by the contradiction at first. But especially in this car, the information in the apps is far more reliable. The EVO can still turn with extremely worn front tires. For grins I ran them as far as I could the other night. Front left was at 4%, right at 15%. The car was off pace by a few seconds, kind of a handful, but still driveable.
 
This kind if annoyed me too at first. I was actually confused by the contradiction at first. But especially in this car, the information in the apps is far more reliable. The EVO can still turn with extremely worn front tires. For grins I ran them as far as I could the other night. Front left was at 4%, right at 15%. The car was off pace by a few seconds, kind of a handful, but still driveable.

Oh no my secret has been found haha
 
Shame on me really for not testing beforehand.

I just chose the least chosen car to be different. Now I know why it's the least chosen :)
 
Shame on me really for not testing beforehand.

I just chose the least chosen car to be different. Now I know why it's the least chosen :)

Next race should be interesting though. WhO can keep their car straight and put their power down the best I think will be the name of the game this time out.
 
Each car has its advantages and disadvantages. We were all given the choice of which car we would like to drive for the season. Each car has enough liveries to easily accommodate the entire field in the same car if that was what everyone had chosen. It was up to each driver to make the decision for themselves based on driving style, skill involved, tire wear, etc.

Sincerely,
"The Organizers"

I disagree. Before the first race, none of us anticipated even with practice how bad the tire wear actually is compared to the Lancer. I also think turning tire wear off might make for better racing and less whining, or creating two classes for the season. The next bunch of races are all more right turn prominent than Willow....... in other words, tire killers.
All I am doing is trying to make better races for everyone. Some call that whining, so what? I will still drive the Focus, happily, but I won't even try and keep up with the obviously better Lancers.

To "The Orgasmizers",
You want this league to grow? By not being flexible in an obvious mismatch of cars and just spewing the "rules", shows a dictatorial management attitude we have seen before and didn't like. That league folded pretty quick. You organized the series, but it's the guys who show up every week for the competition who make the league successful. Rules need to adapt to problems that show up from time to time. Small adjustments can make a big difference to the fun factor.
You are welcome.
 
Thanks for making me think of that flip, I had to go digging in some box's of old books but found it. Just started reading it again,(probably been 20 yrs), so it's like reading a new book all over again. Mind you, I was most likely medicated when I read it back then so it's no wonder I don't remember much out of it!

View attachment 607788
This one and his Fangio book are both incredibly good and I'd say mandatory reading for any motorsport fan. Fangio's especially, deals with an era where motorsport was the stuff of the insane, even if in Gilles' time, it was still something that only the specially brave and/or insane would take part in.
This book really showed me why Gilles has the standing he has, since I started following F1 in 82, around the time he died (I had no concept of it, I was 5...).
 
I disagree. Before the first race, none of us anticipated even with practice how bad the tire wear actually is compared to the Lancer. I also think turning tire wear off might make for better racing and less whining, or creating two classes for the season. The next bunch of races are all more right turn prominent than Willow....... in other words, tire killers.
All I am doing is trying to make better races for everyone. Some call that whining, so what? I will still drive the Focus, happily, but I won't even try and keep up with the obviously better Lancers.

To "The Orgasmizers",
You want this league to grow? By not being flexible in an obvious mismatch of cars and just spewing the "rules", shows a dictatorial management attitude we have seen before and didn't like. That league folded pretty quick. You organized the series, but it's the guys who show up every week for the competition who make the league successful. Rules need to adapt to problems that show up from time to time. Small adjustments can make a big difference to the fun factor.
You are welcome.

Have you tried the next race yet? I ran both cars last night and the tire wear is almost the same. I ran with Cards today he was 2-3 sec. a lap faster in the focus. The entire league is designed to have tire wear in order to force pits stops, if we turnoff tire wear what's the point requiring them? It adds the strategy to the race. Just saying.
 
Last edited:
You made a good point last night Alex. (I hate that), I will shut up and just race with what I picked. I also apologize to any guys who's feathers I ruffled with my rant.

As much as I don't like racing at night, I sure do like running in the rain. I don't think tire wear will be an issue this week, the hard part will be getting heat into the back tires.
 
You made a good point last night Alex. (I hate that), I will shut up and just race with what I picked. I also apologize to any guys who's feathers I ruffled with my rant.

As much as I don't like racing at night, I sure do like running in the rain. I don't think tire wear will be an issue this week, the hard part will be getting heat into the back tires.
Grumpy old man :p
 
Could someone post some of the apps that work along side pcars, paid or free? exact names so I can Google them or direct links please.:cheers:
 
Some more good driver news!

I've been talking to Vlad, @vovik05, lately and he just got a PS4 and will be getting PCars. I was telling him about this series and it looks like he will be checking it out. Said it would be great to reunite with a bunch of us.

For those of you that don't know Vlad, he made it all the way to Silverstone in the 2015 GT Academy series.
At one point, in the predecessor to this series, Grimm's RCS in GT6, we had two Silverstone finalists competing with us. I was lucky to have both Vlad and Parker as teammates a few times and learnt a bunch from both of them.
 
Back