[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,243 views
Could someone post some of the apps that work along side pcars, paid or free? exact names so I can Google them or direct links please.:cheers:



http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43125-UDP-Compatible-Apps-List-Yours-Now!

Here is a direct link to many of them. I use Pcars dash and crew chief. I have also used vrhive, . I currently run pcars dash on my phone it is attached to my wheelas as a rpm shift indicator. I have a tablet running pcars dash for all other car info. Lastly I use crewchief on my laptop. I be leive Alex uses crew chief and has earbuds inside his headphones.
 
VrHive for PC is free and PCars Dash is a paid app for your mobile devices.

Here is how I use them.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43125-UDP-Compatible-Apps-List-Yours-Now!

Here is a direct link to many of them. I use Pcars dash and crew chief. I have also used vrhive, . I currently run pcars dash on my phone it is attached to my wheelas as a rpm shift indicator. I have a tablet running pcars dash for all other car info. Lastly I use crewchief on my laptop. I be leive Alex uses crew chief and has earbuds inside his headphones.

Thanks guys
 
Some more good driver news!

I've been talking to Vlad, @vovik05, lately and he just got a PS4 and will be getting PCars. I was telling him about this series and it looks like he will be checking it out. Said it would be great to reunite with a bunch of us.

For those of you that don't know Vlad, he made it all the way to Silverstone in the 2015 GT Academy series.
At one point, in the predecessor to this series, Grimm's RCS in GT6, we had two Silverstone finalists competing with us. I was lucky to have both Vlad and Parker as teammates a few times and learnt a bunch from both of them.
Oh boy, we are going to have two rooms soon, to put all the fast dudes in one and the mortals in another. I never had @vovik05 as a teammate, but learned from him nonetheless. He's hyper fast and has great technique to learn from.
 
I love it when people laugh at me when I am a goof, I also love laughing back at them when my totally random fuel fill allowed me to finish the practice race with .9 liters left in the tank at the end, in first place I might add.

After all my crabbing about the focus tire wear in the first race, they held up pretty well in the rain. I can't wait for turn one tomorrow.
 
I love it when people laugh at me when I am a goof, I also love laughing back at them when my totally random fuel fill allowed me to finish the practice race with .9 liters left in the tank at the end, in first place I might add.

After all my crabbing about the focus tire wear in the first race, they held up pretty well in the rain. I can't wait for turn one tomorrow.

Huh, first place.. do I not exist anymore? :lol:
 
I love it when people laugh at me when I am a goof, I also love laughing back at them when my totally random fuel fill allowed me to finish the practice race with .9 liters left in the tank at the end, in first place I might add.

After all my crabbing about the focus tire wear in the first race, they held up pretty well in the rain. I can't wait for turn one tomorrow.

How do you feel when people laugh at you when your not being a goof, oh wait, that's never the case! Too many meds again last night, there was this young limey in a yellow car (albeit a stolen livery yellow car), that finished miles ahead of you!
 
If you guys are racing tomorrow I'm in!
 
What times were you guys running? I could only get on for 20mins to practice and I had never driven that configuration which was very different.
The rain seems to make tire wear a moot point. They were wearing but I could probably go the whole race if I had to.
 
1;29.xxx - 1;30.xxx qualifying in Mitshu. We ran mock race and times climbed to 1;32.xxx
 
Ok I'm in the realm of possibility. The first few corners are completely strange to me but after that I'm familiar with it.

I ran about 8-10 laps and once I saw tire wear wasn't going to be a factor and I realized I didn't need to be so careful on the tires, my times went to the low 30's until I had to spend time with the wife.

Might practice more later tonight after we get home from skating with the kids at the rink around 9:30pm ish.

On another note...I assume the Assetto Corsa hype has died down? So it's not the end all be all of racing and I don't need to buy it I assume?
 
On another note...I assume the Assetto Corsa hype has died down? So it's not the end all be all of racing and I don't need to buy it I assume?
If they ever fix the online implementation, I think it will be incredible, because the driving is really really good.
But they are seriously lacking on console.
 
How do you feel when people laugh at you when your not being a goof, oh wait, that's never the case! Too many meds again last night, there was this young limey in a yellow car (albeit a stolen livery yellow car), that finished miles ahead of you!


Card doesn't count. He always wins, so I don't even acknowledge that his car is on the track. Which means I won. Yay for Slobban. :cheers::dunce::confused::confused::banghead:
 
Man, that's agood lap.......... too bad you don't exist.:confused:

Someone laughed at me last night for wearing gloves while racing. I used to watch youtube vids and laughed at all the guys who wore them figuring they were just trying to be cool. My hands sweat, gloves solves this. I have worn calluses into my thumbs that now cause me pain From gripping the wheel too tight, gloves solve this. I use Giant bicycle gloves with the padded palm, lightweight and protection where I need it, I don't need gloves to be cool, I need protection for my delicate little Trump hands. It's bad enough my palms are all rough from,,,,,,,,,,woodworking, yeah, that's it, woodworking
 
I have gloves as well. I tend to not use them much, but have gotten back to it playing F1 2016. The wheel is very heavy in the game and it helps with the long races...
 
  • GTPlanet ID: vovik05
  • PSN ID: vovik05
  • Livery Choice: On Evo VI - RST (I believe it's not taken yet), if it is let me know I'd rather have a black car, but I think they've been taken :/
@aerolite was super helpful today and guided me thorough the games menus, tuning and everything in between. I got the setup figured out and should be ready to go. Thanks, buddy!

Let me know what else I need to join in tomorrow :)

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
img_0139-jpg.596561


With a new season, comes the return of our lauded news reports from your favorite PITS journo. This past week it was a head-2-head battle between the Ford Focus RS and Mitsubishi EVO VI TME at Big Willow. In terms of pace both cars seem to pair very well, however, they put the power down very differently from each other. Going to Big Willow the primary concern is always tire wear, and wear they did. Big Willow eats tires like cookie monster used to pound cookies before network TV put him on a diet. Thus, the keys to victory lane was a good pit strategy, Midas's touch to protect the tires, and solid overall race pace.

There was one driver in Round 1 that stood above all others when it came to the previously stated keys to the race. Both race 1 and 2 were swept by @Harley Owen. He put on a fantastic drive utilizing a solid setup, proper tire choice, good pit strategy, and blazing fast pace to take home the checkered. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat that performance going to Round 2 at Nurburgring Sprint Short. Round 2, if anything, maybe more challenging with how the weather is shaping up. Looks like they are calling for Thunderstorms for a majority of the race. Maybe we will be lucky and see someone pull a Max Verstappen this week passing on the outside from last to podium.

Post Round 1 there has been some discussion regarding tire wear between the two cars. It is in my typical fashion to provide an opinion on such matters. The tire wear between the two cars is going to be different no matter what the league does. The only way around this is to always run the same car, which I am not a proponent for. These cars put the power down very differently, the enter and exit corners differently, and they require a different style of driving. These cars demand more finesse from the driver to protect the tires than proper GT4 or GT3 cars. As far as turning tire wear completely off, that is just absurd. We are all better than that, and I shouldn't have to spell out why that is not in PITS best interest. Plus drivers need to remember what I spelled out in the opening sentences of this article, Big Willow DESTROYS tires. Its what the place does. So before jumping to any changes lets drive a couple of more tracks, and acclimate to how each car handles.

This week our special guest is @aerolite. We were able to catch up with him regarding his race at Big Willow. He had some interesting comments to make regarding Round 1.

Driver Spotlight: @aerolite

mpebfm2hmw0aaazwe_-jpeg.608815


1. This is the start of an entirely new season, and with that comes the choice between two very different cars. What car did you decide to race for the new season? Did you perform any testing between the two options? Were there any advantages or disadvantages that stuck out for you?

I chose the Lancer. Yes, I did a few hours of testing at all the tracks, it was a hard choice but the Lancer won me over at the end. It just suits me better and I liked it’s handling over the Focus. I found I was able to get the Lancer under control quicker and easier, and was able to get a better drive out of the corners. You can definitely throw the Focus around, but I also lost control a lot more in it, and as consistency is a big part of what I try to achieve, then the Lancer was for me.

2. The first race of the season took place at Willow Springs. Setting up the car correctly is key there for good pace, and prolonging the life of the tires. What were some key areas of your setup you focused on when preparing for the race?

Well I have to admit up front that I’m still not that great at this tuning thing yet. Coming from years of racing two wheels in quite a few disciplines, my background is mainly suspension and engine tuning on the bikes so it is quite different from cars. I usually start with a base tune from someone else and then start playing around to see what suits me and the car. For Willow, I spent more time on spring rates, starting mid setting and going stiffer until the car and tire wear were the best I could get them. Stiffness around Willow seemed to be the key for me, and tire wear worked out to be quite good.


3. Tire life seemed to be the big issue of the race at Willow. What was your tire strategy going into the race? Did you run on soft compounds, or one of the two harder compounds? What was the reasoning behind your tire choice?

I did most of my tuning on mediums. I did some similar runs on the soft's but I found I liked the handling better on the mediums. Tire wear was only slightly better with the mediums so feel and lap times were the deciding factor for me. I had no problems running 25 minutes on a set of tires so a one stop strategy was my plan from the start.


4. Willow springs on the surface doesn't come off as a technical or tricky track. However, anyone who has raced there will tell you otherwise. What were some tricky / problematic areas of the course for you? Any areas that you really enjoyed nailing?

I do like Willow, like you mentioned, it is a harder track to get right than first appears. It’s also a track that no two cars feel the same on, unlike some other tracks where you can just hop on and feel comfortable in no time. The hardest part of the track for me has always been turn 4 (Budweiser’s Balcony) and 5. It’s mostly getting the entry and exit right at turn five so you can get a good fast line up the hill to Monroe Ridge. But to get the right entry and speed into five means coming out of four correctly. I love nailing turn one, it feels great when you get it just right and can carry good speed to turn 2.

5. Please provide a summary of how your drive went in Race 1?

Well qualy didn’t go so well, I started 13th but figured if the start went OK and I just kept to my strategy then things might go well. It was so great to have a full grid. As most here know, Lobban and I are long time friends, and really my only goal is to beat him, and then if I finish well, then that’s a bonus. He seems to be a bit better in these types of cars so I knew my work was cut out for me. Plus he would be out for retribution as I stomped him so badly in the Lotus last month, lol. As the leaders were heading off into the distance, I saw that others were having tire issues and either going off or having to make multiple pit stops. I kept to my consistent pace, tried not to push it too hard when battling with others, and found myself in the top five. As per usual, I found myself battling once again with Alex, we always seem to end up together towards the latter part of the races and this time was no different with me, him and Mike having a good race. Mike was too hard on his tires and fell back, and Alex finally got by me and kept it on track to finish that way. I think I got a fifth. But I beat Mike!

mpebfg_hmw0aaazwe_-jpeg.608814


6. Please provide a summary of how your drive went in Race 2?

Starting near the back turned out well as there was a number of drivers who had troubles in front of me and by lap three I was in fifth behind my teammate. I kept pretty much to the same strategy as race 1 but pushed a bit harder as I knew my tires would hold up again for a one stopper. I had a few good battles going in the race but got spread out after pit stops. Then with about 15 min’s left I ended up having @USERID_77a23, (great to see him on track with us btw), chase me for the rest of the race. I knew that if I made any mistake I would lose my second place, so the pressure was on. I was able to stay ahead and finish second, which felt like a win as that new alien guy was just gone! But the most important thing here was, can you guess……..lol.

7. Going into this new season there has been some discussion on how comparable these two cars actually are, and the difference in tire wear. Do you have any personal thoughts or input on this issue?

I think some tracks will favor one or the other a bit more and it will all turn out equal in the end. I think the tire wear comes down to your driving style and how hard you tend to push the car.

8. Race two is shaping up to be very wet. Are you looking forward to driving in the rain?

I am. I like that we get to race in adverse conditions, and the thunderstorm just adds to that even more. Makes for a good challenge. We have run some practice sessions already and the races should be very interesting! The cars are very equal here and tire wear should not make a difference between the two. Just ask Lobban, he wasn’t even whining last night, lol.

9. Any comments you would like to add?

For sure, just a big thanks to all in this series. We have a great bunch of guys who love to race hard, but fair, and are willing to help each other out. It’s good to see newcomers to the series and it’s looking like that is going to continue. And thanks @HazardLvL4 , for putting this driver profile series together, it is fun and just adds another unique dimension to our league.
Cheers to all, and to keeping Lobban in my rear-view!

I would have provided a points update, however, race control had not released the official standings as of the time this article was published. Round 2 is going to be very interesting, more about who can drive in the wet over who is the fastest. It is about the driver who can conquer the mental and physical obstacles that rain presents. It is about the driver who is willing to step off the traditional racing line to find where the grip is hiding. A few things to remember brake early, be conscious of rubber on the track, short shift, and observe other drivers lines to see what is working for them. Until next time, PITS Reporting will be watching you, from the racing line.
 
As some of you know my wife's health hasn't been so good. Not going to make it tonight. In fact, I may be taking a break for a while. Good luck tonight, and Happy Thanksgiving to the American guys.
 
As some of you know my wife's health hasn't been so good. Not going to make it tonight. In fact, I may be taking a break for a while. Good luck tonight, and Happy Thanksgiving to the American guys.

Yea, I saw you mention that in the mango's room, i hope she pulls through whatever ail's her, sending positive thoughts your way Bish. Take care man and we hope to see you back here soon.
 
As some of you know my wife's health hasn't been so good. Not going to make it tonight. In fact, I may be taking a break for a while. Good luck tonight, and Happy Thanksgiving to the American guys.
Sorry to hear that bud,prayers for you and your family,gonna miss you on track,always enjoyed our battles :cheers:
 
As some of you know my wife's health hasn't been so good. Not going to make it tonight. In fact, I may be taking a break for a while. Good luck tonight, and Happy Thanksgiving to the American guys.
So sorry to hear about your wife and I hope she starts feeling better soon. Take care.
 
Hey Bish, can they not ultrasound those stones to allow them to pass easier? Jeez, lucky me, I've never been afflicted with kidney stones, touch wood.

I hope she is feeling better soon. You will be missed.
 
Hey Bish, can they not ultrasound those stones to allow them to pass easier? Jeez, lucky me, I've never been afflicted with kidney stones, touch wood.

I hope she is feeling better soon. You will be missed.
So you're not going to comment on aero's interview? Not going to get down to this level?
 
Back