[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,199 views
I will open KOQ IN 15. not sure if it's needed but just in case I'll open it. @Fallen_log ill send you an invite.
 
Sorry guys (and especially @swjaxon), but got home from basketball with all bones intact, but got drafted into baby detail (Lil' Dolphin was being difficult with his mother), so I'm out tonight. Hope you guys are having fun.
 
Guys, sorry for DPing. Crappy day, crappy mood = crappy racing. I felt it was best to bail before I had a self inflicted stroke. DWI took a hit tonight. Congrats for the win in the first race Steve. I'm going to bed and sulk.
 
Can we stick to the room settings please, I was sorting my setups out and you skipped it into the race so I had hard tyres and the wrong setup. That 5 minute warmup was crucial for me.

Good racing tho everyone.
 
Last edited:
Can we stick to the room settings please, I was sorting my setups out and you skipped it into the race so I had hard tyres and the wrong setup. That 5 minute warmup was crucial for me.

Good racing tho everyone.

Sorry about that Cards.
 
Almost wishing I would have waited one more season before driving again.

If it's two different cars next season then I'm out.

I hate to continue being the douchey whiny bitch about this. But listening to certain Evo guys try to point out how the Focus is better in certain situations is just maddening. I am by no means the fastest guy on the block but being the highest placing Focus driver and being lapped by the first 6 Evo drivers in race 1 is very telling.

I will run the last race but if you guys do two different cars next season then I suggest a team of testers driving both cars under real conditions for more than "an hour" one night fooling around.

Originally I thought I could blame myself for picking the Focus but when you join a series and they give you two choices you assume they are equally capable vehicles but obviously need to be driven differently. I have always been good at getting the most out of FWD vehicles so I chose the Focus to be different from everyone choosing the Lancer. Well they are definitely not equally capable vehicles.

As a bonus I'd love to re run this season...all the Evo guys switch to the Focus and vice versa. I'm sure I could find a few nice things to say about the Focus after I lap a couple of them. "Man it sure was hard to lap you on the straight..."

Sorry...frustration setting in after getting put into the chicane wall on lap 1 of the second race. I really do feel like I'm just competing against the other Focus guys. Finishing ahead of a couple Evo guys because they had misfortunes is like a bonus.

I can stick it out another week as long as I concentrate on my battles with other Focus drivers and try to forget about the big picture of being lapped by 6 other guys. As long as I only have to do it one more week :)

Ok...it's off my chest. See you guys next week :)
 
Last edited:
In my post race meltdown I completely forgot about a race 1 mishap that I want to profusely apologize for.

Coming up to turn one I was behind another driver...I can't remember who (Pretty sure it was another Focus)...and my cat jumped on my table. I quickly shooed her off and missed my braking marker by a good 50ft, plowed into the driver in front of me and pushed him into the wall while a Lancer driver drove past.

I don't think the damage was too bad but I am pretty sure he would have been upset (I would have been furious). It was quite accidental and I want to apologize to this driver. Cats have good timing I can tell you.
 
So not to be this guy, but... I am going to be this guy. Last night @Cardahs was running fastest laps of 1:00.700's, and the remaining 2nd - 4th places ran 1:01.000 - 1:01.900. Doing a google search of the current lap records on the steam leader boards for the Ford Focus RS, it can be seen that the current lap records is 59.300 - 1:01.000. Thus, in terms of pace the cars are very much even, it just depends on the driver to lay down the lap.
 
I certainly hope that a lap record on a single lap time trial is not your basis for equality. I'm pretty sure we covered this last night but that is extremely naive.

I see a lot of this talk about how fast the Focus is...so if we are getting lapped it's because we just suck. I certainly don't see you taking up the challenge to switch cars and run another race night.
 
Last edited:
I certainly hope that a lap record on a single lap time trial is not your basis for equality. I'm pretty sure we covered this last night but that is extremely naive.

I think your the naive one bro, to assume that the league didn't do plenty of testing with these cars is retarded. If you don't like it then leave, no one is stopping you. Maybe you should of tested the cars yourself before picking the one that you complain about so much. Clearly the car can do it, the times have been posted, maybe you should just get good bro.
 
Ok "Bro". Still don't see you putting your money where your mouth is. If you think you're so damn fast and I'm so damn slow then you should be able to lap me twice in the much faster Focus.

Alex stated last night he drove them "for an hour" and got equal times. That's plenty I suppose.
 
Ok "Bro". Still don't see you putting your money where your mouth is. If you think you're so damn fast and I'm so damn slow then you should be able to lap me twice in the much faster Focus.

Alex stated last night he drove them "for an hour" and got equal times. That's plenty I suppose.

Alright I was trying to be nice, but your just being a B.I.T.C.H. So.... What we have here gentlemen is @JoeW weekly complaints regarding the league. Honestly, its getting old. Again there is the door.

Plus, even though this will sound like a cop-out, I can't switch cars or any driver for that matter once the season starts. You know that, its in the rules. What I see here a severe case of butt hurt over picking the wrong vehicle for your talent level and driving style. Next, time there is a multi class series then you should do more testing between the offered choices, honestly. My best advice is either retire out for the season or suck it up. Either than that I am done responding to your ignorant a.s.s.
 
I have to agree with @HazardLvL4 on this one,there was plenty of testing done by several drivers not just one,and the cars were put up for vote,so we drive what we got till the next season
 
I don't think you are quite getting it Hazard. I will spell it out for you.

Run a night independent of the league. You, Speed Racer, will run the superior "in time trials" Focus. I, poor whiny turtle boy with no skills, will run the Lancer. We can run at Monza Short because you lapped me there last night with your superior driving skills and slower car.

You can call me all the names you want and try to get me to rage quit. But I remind you that no league prospers without constructive criticism. I am just pointing out that this is not a multi class league and running two very different cars is a failed experiment.

If Alex or Z or one of the other directors asks me to leave then no problem. But otherwise I already said I will see you next week and I look forward to watching you lap me again.

But next season...I am choosing whatever car you choose...
 
I don't think you are quite getting it. I will spell it out for you.

Run a night independent of the league. You, Speed Racer, will run the superior "in time trials" Focus. I, poor whiny turtle boy with no skills, will run the Lancer. We can run at Monza Short because you lapped me there last night with your superior driving skills and slower car.

You can call me all the names you want and try to get me to rage quit. But I remind you that no league prospers without constructive criticism. I am just pointing out that this is not a multi class league and running two very different cars is a failed experiment.

If Alex or Z or one of the other directors asks me to leave then no problem. But otherwise I already said I will see you next week and I look forward to watching you lap me again.

But next season...I am choosing whatever car you choose...

GET GOOD BRO
 
Touch'e good sir. Thou hast given me a righteous verbal drubbing.

And no, I refuse to get good :)
 
Ok, I have to ask all the guys who picked the Focus then complain about it, Where in the rules did it say you couldn't pick the Evo? If you preferred the Focus over the Evo then don't complain. It's not the directors fault for you picking a car that is apparently so far off the pace. Yet I had a hell of a time passing Old Bear in, guess what, a Focus.
 
I have no idea how to make an emoji, but I can gif...

eating popcorn.gif


jon stewart eating popcorn.gif
 
I drove with Alex and Fallen in testing for this. I was about a half second (on average) quicker in the focus. As far as I can tell from driving both of these cars they are fairly even. It's down to driver skill.
 
Back