[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,167 views
In my post race meltdown I completely forgot about a race 1 mishap that I want to profusely apologize for.

Coming up to turn one I was behind another driver...I can't remember who (Pretty sure it was another Focus)...and my cat jumped on my table. I quickly shooed her off and missed my braking marker by a good 50ft, plowed into the driver in front of me and pushed him into the wall while a Lancer driver drove past.

I don't think the damage was too bad but I am pretty sure he would have been upset (I would have been furious). It was quite accidental and I want to apologize to this driver. Cats have good timing I can tell you.

That was me Joe, i did get damage and I was already in a bad mood, not from the hit, just in general. No worries tho, today is a new day.
I really want to weigh in on the car inequality, but will keep my pie hole shut. I too would like to see a switch in cars, see how the night turns out. I had a hard time picking cars, it was a coin toss, I like them both, but went with the Fucus 'cause Aero took the Evo..........mistake.
Joe, I am only going to race with the Fucus's for the rest of the season. Let those dirty stinkin Evo drivers feel superior to us lowly amateurs who forgot how to drive a race car in one season. :bowdown::lol: We will be back and I am for sure gonna pick the same car as all the top point getters from now on.

Party on Garth.
 
Ok, I have to ask all the guys who picked the Focus then complain about it, Where in the rules did it say you couldn't pick the Evo? If you preferred the Focus over the Evo then don't complain. It's not the directors fault for you picking a car that is apparently so far off the pace. Yet I had a hell of a time passing Old Bear in, guess what, a Focus.

Fallen, you lapped me last night. Do you really think you are that much faster than me? I ran faster laps than you when we ran at Hockenheim endurance awhile back.

Of course we can make our cars wider on tight tracks like this. I held off Cards and Vovik for half the race last week until they pit. But it's the same in all road racing...in order to actually make a clean pass on someone you need to be more than just .5 secs quicker per lap. And that is what is happening.

Here is what I said about car choices....when some of don't have time to thoroughly test vehicles we assume the management has done that for us. So it should really be a toss up right? I can drive both but I thought I'd just be different. But then ask yourself...all you guys who did lots of testing (but are singing the praises of the Focus (as you lap them)...why did you all choose the Lancer? Because it's slower and more challenging to drive?

Originally I thought I could blame myself for picking the Focus but when you join a series and they give you two choices you assume they are equally capable vehicles but obviously need to be driven differently. I have always been good at getting the most out of FWD vehicles so I chose the Focus to be different from everyone choosing the Lancer. Well they are definitely not equally capable vehicles.

Listen...I don't give a crap how much you think I am whining. Everybody pile on... I have been racing consoles longer than most of you (since GT1). So what, I'm not the fastest guy on the block. I don't practice much but it doesn't mean I don't know how to drive. I even have many hours of track time at Sebring in an old 911. Deny all you want but the facts remain. Apparently you all think the slowest drivers on Wednesday night just happen to be driving the Focus as well. Cmon man.

In the end I'm not attacking you guys or the league. I like racing here...I certainly have learned a valuable lesson this season when confronted with multiple car choices. It won't happen again. I don't feel bad about getting this off my chest...because of this discourse I think there will be more rigorous testing done if multiple cars are offered next season.
 
Hey guys! Look! A selfie of @JoeW from last night after the race!
babies-crying-cute-crying-baby.jpg


Oh! and by the way... GET GOOD BRO!
 
That was me Joe, i did get damage and I was already in a bad mood, not from the hit, just in general. No worries tho, today is a new day.
I don't think it was you. It was Race 1. That I hit someone. But if it was...me so sorry. We Focus guys are a surly bunch before the race even starts...what with all our disabilities.
 
Good lord Hazard...methinks I have gotten under your thin skin. I just threw down the gauntlet and you resort to name calling and run away? See you next week.
 
Good lord Hazard...methinks I have gotten under your thin skin. I just threw down the gauntlet and you resort to name calling and run away? See you next week.

No, not under my skin, just wishing you would wake up are realize that no one supports your view point, and nor does the data... GET GOOD BRO!
 
Guy's, it's not worth getting into a pissing match over this, it doesn't do anyone any good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing some opinions on the subject, but lets try to keep it objective.
I'm not sure when or why the idea came about for the pairings, it was just there one night for testing and I never asked why, I thought it was an interesting idea. Maybe it should have been brought up for a vote first. Let's let the directors have there say here, no one really knows how a season will progress with a new change so again, lets just chill and discuss it in a little bit more civilized manner.
I do want to add that I have been racing with Joe for some time now and rarely beat him, a couple of times last night I was able to close in on him and pass with some ease so something is not quite right. Joe has always been one to express his opinion and concerns and they have been respectful and valid and can result in constructive changes.
 
Guy's, it's not worth getting into a pissing match over this, it doesn't do anyone any good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing some opinions on the subject, but lets try to keep it objective.
I'm not sure when or why the idea came about for the pairings, it was just there one night for testing and I never asked why, I thought it was an interesting idea. Maybe it should have been brought up for a vote first. Let's let the directors have there say here, no one really knows how a season will progress with a new change so again, lets just chill and discuss it in a little bit more civilized manner.
I do want to add that I have been racing with Joe for some time now and rarely beat him, a couple of times last night I was able to close in on him and pass with some ease so something is not quite right. Joe has always been one to express his opinion and concerns and they have been respectful and valid and can result in constructive changes.

Aw common, I was having fun! Why do you have to come in here with your common sense :lol:
 
Fallen, you lapped me last night. Do you really think you are that much faster than me? I ran faster laps than you when we ran at Hockenheim endurance awhile back.
I also did not take tires, which is about half a lap alone, and have gained a hell of a lot of speed since then. The Lancer also fits my driving style.
 
I also did not take tires, which is about half a lap alone, and have gained a hell of a lot of speed since then. The Lancer also fits my driving style.

Yea, same here I was able to get way with fuel only last night. Since I know people didn't believe you about that last night lol
 
I have screenshots and video on my PS4 ready to be put up like requested. I will be picking up a flash drive today on my running I have to do.
 
Now see we are getting somewhere. It is impossible for the Focus to save tires like that AND get the same lap times. Single lap time trials are quite different than 45min races on 2x tire wear.

When I crashed into the chicane wall in Race 2 at the end of the first full race lap I had to immediately pit for repairs. I changed my strategy (duh) and filled it up with fuel, put on harder tires and watched the entire field lap me while sitting there. So on lap 3 I was already a lap down. I milked the piss out of those tires and had to run 1:04-1:05s the whole race pretty much by myself. My tires were down to nothing and I barely made it on fuel. But no way can you up the pace in the focus to even mid 1:02s and expect the front tires to last all race.

When the FWD car is only using the front tires (the rears stay blue all night) and the 4WD car is using all four...tire wear is going to play a huge role in speed over long distances.
 
Ok well I'm gonna step in now. The difference between cars is there. We all see it. Driver ability or tire wear or whatever. Fact of the matter is that this is the first season running two cars. There are going to be kinks. Especially with the series regulations. There have been several hours of testing put in but obviously we need a wider range of people. Either way coming to the thread and in not so many words telling us that we don't know what we are doing isn't gonna motivate anyone to change anything. How can we grow as a series when we try to bring something new to the series we get told that we aren't doing it right. If there are issues bring them up to us for sure, but try to be constructive not just telling us what we need to be doing. Alex sends invites to everyone online when we are testing so those who have issues with the setup should probably join in testing sessions so that their voice is heard.
So let's get past this season and look forward to a new set of cars. There will still be some more testing for the next seasons so if you get an invite randomly from Alex or myself that's what we are doing.
@JoeW we will be running 2 cars at least 2 more seasons. If we can't find a formula that works we will go back to single cars. So if that affects your driving in this series I'm sorry. Im not gonna turn down drivers but I'it's also not possible to make everyone happy.
 
Just fired up the thread and had to make another pot of coffee. More than just Alex tested the cars. Most laps were within .50 - 1.00 of each other. Not just one person said this is the paring. We all spoke up and decided. The tires were discussed and at the time of testing, we determined the focus to be faster, yet the tires will come into play. So we thought, do you choose the faster car, whose tired wear out quicker or due you choose the slower car who gives you an option for medium tires. The pit stop strategy may be the winning factor.

On paper these two cars look like a great battle. We all tried to find good and bad in these two cars when testing. By looking at the results I would think it is fair to say the Mitsu has an advantage. The advantage I see is the tires. I was told the Focus does not offer Medium tires (correct?)

Going forward I am more than willing to sit down for the night and fine tune any choices we have made to determine the tires offered are the same for both vehicles. Also to insure the two vehicles are close and competitive with each other. The closer the cars are to each other the closer the competition should be. Yes we have some Alien drivers whom will show the rest of us their bright red tail lights no matter which vehicle they drive. Good for them.

I like the idea of different cars racing each other. Will the cars always be equal, No. Maybe as we develope this system we will find some cars are faster than others in the same group. At which time the slower cars will assigned to the top divisions and the faster cars to others. Balance is now achieved.
 
Oh I'm in. But I will do my own homework next time. Especially now that I know the implications can have such a huge impact on the season.

I will tell you Z that of few us have mentioned it since Willow. But the only responses were originally...if Harley can go the entire race on softs then you aren't driving well enough. Then, the rain "equalizer" race wasn't as lopsided as Willow so the fervor was there but less so. Then last night and the replies in chat were much of the same...the Focus is faster in so many ways! And now the ever popular phrase "GET GOOD BRO" is sweeping the nation.

The rhetoric is there. But it is being ignored. I never told anyone what they should be doing...only that more testing under real race conditions might be in order next time to avoid this in the future.

Regardless. Now that I know what COULD happen I will be much better prepared next time. You don't even have to test them. Pick them out of the hat of you want...I will be prepared for whatever you offer.

I genuinely like this series...as I did SNAIL Sundays. I always tend to throw opinions out there that run against the grain but it's not because I'm an idiot and hate you guys. I care...I don't spend all this time here because I want to quit. I genuinely like "most" of you ;) I am nearly as old as Aero but I don't get the same level of respect (nor do I expect it)because of how I react to things on the forum. I have always been a little "outspoken". Maybe if I spoke more on the radio people would know me better...like in the old days of the Drivetrain Challenge I used to run or other series where I spoke more. But PCars chat quality is awful and I just don't feel I can communicate well in chat with 12-16 other people.

Anyways...all is well. See you next week with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes.
 
The advantage I see is the tires. I was told the Focus does not offer Medium tires (correct?)

.

Focus offers Soft Track, Medium Track and All Season (called Wets in Pit Strategy screen).
 
Focus offers Soft Track, Medium Track and All Season (called Wets in Pit Strategy screen).

Well if focus has mediums, how are you burning up the tires and are so dam slow ? :cheers::cheers::sly::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Well if focus has mediums, how are you burning up the tires and are so dam slow ? :cheers::cheers::sly::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Well allow me to retort!

I have run some damn strange strategies in desperation.

At Willow I ran the All Season Hard tires in both races. Pit once both times...was top Focus finisher I think.
At Nurb rain I ran the All Season Hard (wet tires) in Race 1. Just got pummeled (still top Focus?) and ran the Medium (track tires) in Race 2 and managed to hold off Cards and Vovik for awhile. Finished 4th?
Last night I ran the All Season Hards (wet) in Race 1...similar pace to Mediums but they warm up quicker and give better traction when brand new. Top Focus finisher again. Race 2 I crashed and had to make the All Season Hards last all race and still managed a 7th?

I have been doing some damn unorthodox **** to try to make it happen ;) So I am trying dammit! :cheers:
 
I know. I've been playing for almost 25 years; have broken countless fingers, a few ribs, more joint sprains than I could count, eye pokes, lost toe and finger nails, sprained a few ligaments, broke pieces of others.
But one critical shot make under pressure, one pass that gets through where there was no space, and all the dangers are forgotten...

Well all kidding aside, it very much is dangerous. In a recent safety conference I attended for work, Basketball is considered the most dangerous activity in the U.S. in terms of sheer number of injuries that come from it every year.

I've tried to come back and play more basketball few years ago and I ruptured my Achilles doing the same crossover move I did my whole life...
I decided that's enough of dangerous stuff and concentrate only on car racing :P

So damn...I didn't come on for one day on here and all hell broke loose with two more pages of posts...haha. Who won the races anyway? :)
 
Cards got messed up in race 2 and DNF'd.
Again? Is PCars really that unreliable? Cause he gets screwed every Wednesday and practice. Unless he's doing something wrong?! Along with weird glitches I've been getting.
 
What connection does Alex and Cards have?
 
Cards is in the UK which my be why he has a problem connecting with us. Not sure.
 
Back