[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
  • 228,063 views
This is good to watch, it's all the quick reactions and crazy amount of shifts that Alonso does. Scroll down to second video, "Alonso gets a flyer". I really hope the McLaren's get back to form next year, Alonso is still one of the best drivers!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/12/f1-russia-onboard-videos-unseen-best.html
By "one of the best" you mean the absolute best, there's no one even close to him on the grid right now, right? Hamilton could make him sweat, but I think, on even ground, Alonso comes out on top.
He basically willed his Mclaren forward all throughout the year and even if Button was slacking in the end, he wiped the floor with him from the word go.
I really wish he could find himself a decent car, because watching him run laps around the midfield is really not fun anymore (it was for a while, though - Alonso is faster than you still burns over here...).
 
By "one of the best" you mean the absolute best, there's no one even close to him on the grid right now, right?

Right! My top three fav's of the current drivers is Alonso, Kimi and Ricciardo. (Max is a contender!)
 
Right! My top three fav's of the current drivers is Alonso, Kimi and Ricciardo. (Max is a contender!)
If you replace Kimi with Hamilton, that's my current top 3.

As far as favourites go, I have a soft spot for Manor (whoever is driving for them, but Ocon and Wehrlein were a fun pair) and Magnussen (I am a fan of his father, so I guess it's hereditary).
I dig Vettel and Alonso as well, but I overall, I don't care who wins or loses, I just want to see good racing.
 
Did a few laps last night before finding out I couldn't participate tonight. Never been to that track before and I'll never go back.

I've seen pit out lanes wider than that place. I couldn't see anywhere on the track that was wide enough for two cars to fit much less race.

Looks like a recipe for frustration. Good luck out there :)
 
Did a few laps last night before finding out I couldn't participate tonight. Never been to that track before and I'll never go back.

I've seen pit out lanes wider than that place. I couldn't see anywhere on the track that was wide enough for two cars to fit much less race.

Looks like a recipe for frustration. Good luck out there :)

Are you always "Mr. Negativity"?
 
Are you always "Mr. Negativity"?
I usually lean towards realism.

I'm sure you already know the track is probably the most narrow in PCars? It's not a negative, it's realism. Rapuana is a kart track and it's wider than Cadwell.

I usually get pretty excited thinking about an upcoming good night of racing. But just pulling out on to the track I knew "positivity" wouldn't have much sway in the evening's racing.

I really don't know why me speaking the truth irritates you so much?

Here goes what you probably want to hear...

Wow! Did some practice laps last night and boy is this going to be a fun challenge! Great track choice for the All Star race btw. Should be some of the closest racing of the season!
 
Just for grins I looked up Cadwell on Wiki...

"Cadwell is now considered too narrow for high level car races, although Club motorsport associations such as the BARC and 750MC still hold meetings.

Competitively, it is primarily used for motorcycle racing, with the British Superbike Championship round being the biggest event on the circuit's calendar, held during an August weekend each year.[6][7] In 2010, it hosted an additional BSB meeting on the weekend of 22/23 May."

So apparently it's not negativity when it's true.
 
I usually lean towards realism.

I'm sure you already know the track is probably the most narrow in PCars? It's not a negative, it's realism. Rapuana is a kart track and it's wider than Cadwell.

I usually get pretty excited thinking about an upcoming good night of racing. But just pulling out on to the track I knew "positivity" wouldn't have much sway in the evening's racing.

I really don't know why me speaking the truth irritates you so much?

Here goes what you probably want to hear...

Wow! Did some practice laps last night and boy is this going to be a fun challenge! Great track choice for the All Star race btw. Should be some of the closest racing of the season!

Luckily the All Star race is just for fun! Just giving you a hard time. We ran the track in Lessen's Tuesday league back in the day and had a great time there.

No worries though, we will see on track for next season then!
 
First win in Project Cars for me was there. Tyres were shot, had no idea if I had enough gas, but a win is a win.
 
Ive been working on my controller settings and my driving and am close to being comfortable getting on track with people. After christmas ill be looking to get my feet wet finally with pcars. Wednesdays are not good for me because im in snail gt1 on wednesday nights but if there are practice rooms i can join or a wednesday opens up for whatever reason ill be there.
 
I need to get on track with you Whitey. I bet you'll kick my arse already. I could never hang with D2 on Sundays
 
Different game. Very different game. I can brake at the wrong time, correct mid corner, drag tires in the grass, slam curbs and basically drive erratically and the game saves my butt. Pcars lets you fail and makes you get it right which ive never had to do. For the first time in a sim i actually have to refer to my limited actual track time to drive the car properly. I love it but it has been challenging especially on a ds4 where i cant finesse much. Looking forward to improving with time though.
 
I can't make it tonight, have fun all.
 
I usually lean towards realism.

I'm sure you already know the track is probably the most narrow in PCars? It's not a negative, it's realism. Rapuana is a kart track and it's wider than Cadwell.

I usually get pretty excited thinking about an upcoming good night of racing. But just pulling out on to the track I knew "positivity" wouldn't have much sway in the evening's racing.

I really don't know why me speaking the truth irritates you so much?

Here goes what you probably want to hear...

Wow! Did some practice laps last night and boy is this going to be a fun challenge! Great track choice for the All Star race btw. Should be some of the closest racing of the season!

Luckily the All Star race is just for fun! Just giving you a hard time. We ran the track in Lessen's Tuesday league back in the day and had a great time there.

No worries though, we will see on track for next season then!

Oh Joe....you do make me chuckle....I always enjoy your realism....always have, don't stop!
But you know what, about 7 of us did a few races here the other night and it really was fun, really! A small mistake, which there will be many, and through the following driver can go. There was lots of passing and it truly was fun. The narrowness makes it a good challenge in car control.
And you could have driven the EVO tonight!
See you next season, cheers and merry xmas!
 
OOB are going to be the equalizer, keep that sucker in and you will do well. I for one can't wait for tonight, without tire wear it should be an even race and practice was fun, to say the least.....especially when all the tomfoolery came pouring out. Belly laughing.
 
Just for grins I looked up Cadwell on Wiki...

"Cadwell is now considered too narrow for high level car races, although Club motorsport associations such as the BARC and 750MC still hold meetings.

Competitively, it is primarily used for motorcycle racing, with the British Superbike Championship round being the biggest event on the circuit's calendar, held during an August weekend each year.[6][7] In 2010, it hosted an additional BSB meeting on the weekend of 22/23 May."

So apparently it's not negativity when it's true.
We are racing high performance race cars? Bwaaaaa ha ha.
 
Racig is 8 central tonight correct. I'll most likely make it. Though had no practice
 
I didn't know you were going to race tonight @vovik05 should be fun tonight. Hope to see you there
 
A night of problems apparently, until they restarted the race.
Yeah there were a few bugs,not to mention it was a very challenging track,but for the most part was a fun night,even tho I didn't get to finish do to an 8 yr old gremlin I had in my ear all night :lol:
 
Back