Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Dark/Psychic would absolutely be the most broken typing to have around.

All that wields is a 4x weakness to Bug, and you need something like Scizor around for it as a result. Two pretty much conflicting sources of type I do understand but...

That is cool and I am very excited for Malamar, but. It also doesn't resist anything. Nada. Zip. That means it's going to take full damage from everything other than psychic. In the grand scheme of things, it balances out.

I'm ready to train a Malamar with the contrary ability, will take time to master but I will love to use it :).

I think People are forgetting that Dark is weak to Fairy.

My friend hates the fairy types saying that they should've never been invented. His new favourite Pokemon is Honedge and when he found out that Steel is strong against Fairy, he was happy and is now calling Honedge the "Fairy Slayer 5000" :lol:.

Well looks like Metagross is going down the ladder. Hydreigon and Gengar will completely outdo it now.

The also revealed Meowstic looks rather good, though I can imagine most will be put off Chespin with its silly newly revealed evolution. Think I'd say that if I were to go for one starter now, it'd be Fennekin.

And of course all (bar one of) the Team Flare leaders are female hooray.

Team Flares goals seems too similar to Team Galatics plan -_-, however not much is known about Team Flare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is music to my ears :).

Got $80 now, should I get it at launch (I remember getting Pokemon Black at launch, it broke and I had to get a new one :ouch:)?

They said that the overworld will not be 3D capable.

I know its hideous but look at the price (Australia it is: $150)

3DS games don't work on DS consoles (they even got a little tip on the cartridge that prevents 3DS game cards from entering DS consoles).

Then why the hell did you mention the 2DS? It doesn't have a 3D functionality, right?

The 2DS is capable of playing 3DS games, it just doesn't have 3D functionality. The 2DS is a new Nintendo product that is cheaper than the 3DS so for those who don't have a 3DS it is a potential option for a system to play the 3DS games they want.

So, I just found out today that Honedge evolves.
923390_409455612509722_1681189407_n.png

If I haven't played any Pokemon games since Red and Blue would I 'get' the story?, I'm sure its moved on quite a bit since then!

Seriously tempted, although I hate the look of the 2DS, to get one just for this and Luigi Mansion 2.

If I haven't played any Pokemon games since Red and Blue would I 'get' the story?, I'm sure its moved on quite a bit since then!

Yes, you'd follow it just fine. It's non-sequential, each installment begins a story anew.

The actual mechanics of battling have got a lot more complex, and they've added another 500 or so (not including the new 100+ X & Y will bring!)

Yes, you'd follow it just fine. It's non-sequential, each installment begins a story anew.

That's good 👍

The actual mechanics of battling have got a lot more complex, and they've added another 500 or so (not including the new 100+ X & Y will bring!)

I remember when it was like choosing between 3 attacks turn after turn :lol:

Good that there's more Pokemon but they have gone a bit bonkers for many years now.

That is cool and I am very excited for Malamar, but. It also doesn't resist anything. Nada. Zip. That means it's going to take full damage from everything other than psychic. In the grand scheme of things, it balances out.

This is wrong. Malamar is dark and psychic, meaning it is weak to fairy by 2x and bug by 4x

Why only play Pokemon just for a type. I really want a Normal and Ghost Pokemon but I'll still play Pokemon even if they don't have the type.

Back