Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

If anyone is looking for a good deal for a 3DS XL , you can get one with a charger delivered for £150.

RESHIRAM5
Why not buy it and play it on the DS.

Actually, I have the Acekard.

However, my micro SD card got lost and therefore, I can't play the game. Also, I'm having difficulties where I can download the Acekard file so that I can play.

Turns out I won't be getting Pokemon X until Monday. I pre-ordered it online but Saturday and Sunday are the postman day-offs.

Fairly far into the game, and it is amazing. The controls for the rollerskates and bike take awhile to get used to, as they take you off of the movement grid.

Some individuals are unfortunately left out.
20qkimp.jpg

US Government.....
ibgh9wxjjedakf.gif

I just got the game, it is awesome.

I'm taking it slow this time, I went too fast in Gen V.

In 6 hours I just got to the coastal part of Kalos. I might be taking it too slow but I want to experience the region and see what Pokemon are in each route and catch some.

I went to buy this earlier, popped over to Tescos and the stand with Pokemon X/Y on it was empty. So I thought no problem and phoned my mate (who works at a Blockbusters), he wasn't working but was sure they had some in. So I drove to Blockbusters and they say "yeah sure we got it in" until they look and then say "oh we must have sold all of them".

So then I go to the Tescos in this town, empty stand. 2 hours later after visiting my grandmother I drive home and pop into Sainsburies, empty stand. Then I think... well just 1 more store to check, I drive over to Asda's (about 2-3miles) and Y is out of stock but they have X.

So I stand at the counter in this supermarket pressing the buzzer waiting for someone to come, hand her my Pokemon X (a dummy box) and she sais "oh i'm sorry we're out of stock", sold the last one an hour ago and just hadn't updated it.

Should have gone to Asda's in the first place, didn't think I'd have such a hard time getting a copy, I didn't order online because I thought "meh I'l just pick it up from Tesco's".

People going crazy for the Pokemon!

got this game on the 12. started with Froakie and after 13 hours havent gone far... Inkay is too distracting on Pokemon Amie. Wonder trade is also pretty fun.

Character customization is great but I wish it could take a step further.

I wanted more shorter hair and to remove the hat and accesories.

Still happy that they put it in though :)👍.

I have my copy but I still haven't began playing it. Is it more balanced to take a water type early since you will get a free fire type very quickly?

I have my copy but I still haven't began playing it. Is it more balanced to take a water type early since you will get a free fire type very quickly?

i think you can get a free torchic and pretty early in game you can choose between one of the Kanto starters.

i think you can get a free torchic and pretty early in game you can choose between one of the Kanto starters.

Right, its going to be weird. Add to that the fact that you can get all 3 starters by just running into people as opposed to trading (via friend safari).

I chose Froakie (last evolution is a ninja :dopey:) and Bulbasaur (I wanted my favourite; Squirtle but I wanted type variety for my team so I chose my second favourite).

At the Elite Four, I choose Fennekin and Bulbasaur as my starters. One of the members has a Gyarados that hits like a freight train once it gets off a Dragon Dance.

My Party is:

Delphox
Venasaur
Raichu
Lapras
Pidgeot
Lucario

At the Elite Four, I choose Fennekin and Bulbasaur as my starters. One of the members has a Gyarados that hits like a freight train once it gets off a Dragon Dance.

My Party is:

Delphox
Venasaur
Raichu
Lapras
Pidgeot
Lucario

Then I must be lucky I got Jolteon by my side :).

The champions Pokemon are easy except for this little one
Her Gardevoir. It has a Mega Evolution which gives it even more Sp. Attack

EDIT: To anyone who has Y. Have you guys found Aggronite (you can only find it in Y (strange, since the Aron family is exclusive to X)) because I was wandering if I could have it. I would give Mewtwonite X in return.

Last edited:
So I decided to try Wonder Trade out to see what it's about.

Some guy sent me a Level 4 Scatterbug nicknamed 'HAHA IDIOD'. Really.

Jokes on that guy though, he got a Level 2 Scatterbug for it.

Been playing and got up to 7 badges so far. Team is looking like this

Raichu
Greninja
Venusaur
Talonflame
Lucario
Butterfree

Finding the game fun and engaging as usual but also underwhelming, it is just too damn easy, almost all challengers use hopelessly bad strategy and the only challenge comes from Sky Battles, due to the fact that they always have Emolga, an electric pokemon that can fly (and thus has a big advantage over my 2 flying pokemon).

All the gym leaders just fell flat on their faces, in previous games I usually remember them having atleast 1 exceptionally strong pokemon on their team or something with a brutal tactic (Milktank and it's Rollout ability in Gold comes to mind) but in Pokemon Y every leader has been a complete walkover so far.

Added into that is the EXPShare, in old games it was a useful item but in Y it is just an overpowered super leveling tool that before you know it from just doing the basic battles you're way overleveling the content. In the old games it was the opposite in that you had to do extra fights and training to keep up with content.

I've turned off expshare now, but yeah I'm finding the game too easy at the moment, I've solo'd gym leaders when they have a type advantage mostly due to poor use of abilities on their part, and though I have a team of 6 I've never come close to needing to use them.

If it helps, I'd heard EXP Share was overpowered and switched it off right away, and it's still pretty easy. I've just taken down Valerie and my team is looking pretty swish.

Alakazam
Meditite
Roserade
Malamar
Pyroar
Sliggoo

Been playing and got up to 7 badges so far. Team is looking like this

Raichu
Greninja
Venusaur
Talonflame
Lucario
Butterfree

Finding the game fun and engaging as usual but also underwhelming, it is just too damn easy, almost all challengers use hopelessly bad strategy and the only challenge comes from Sky Battles, due to the fact that they always have Emolga, an electric pokemon that can fly (and thus has a big advantage over my 2 flying pokemon).

All the gym leaders just fell flat on their faces, in previous games I usually remember them having atleast 1 exceptionally strong pokemon on their team or something with a brutal tactic (Milktank and it's Rollout ability in Gold comes to mind) but in Pokemon Y every leader has been a complete walkover so far.

Added into that is the EXPShare, in old games it was a useful item but in Y it is just an overpowered super leveling tool that before you know it from just doing the basic battles you're way overleveling the content. In the old games it was the opposite in that you had to do extra fights and training to keep up with content.

I've turned off expshare now, but yeah I'm finding the game too easy at the moment, I've solo'd gym leaders when they have a type advantage mostly due to poor use of abilities on their part, and though I have a team of 6 I've never come close to needing to use them.

Yeah, EXP Share functions almost like EXP All from the first Pokemon games. Add to that the ones that already get double experience (hello, torchic) and you literally get my team at gym leader 5 now, where everyone is near level 50. I although am running a stupid two fire type team (did though eviscerate the grass gym).

Another non-issue now is money. The Battle Maison can get you about 100,000 poke a day at least.

I've just finished the game (atleast 8 badges + championship, not started the post championship game yet. Turned off the EXPshare because I didn't want to over level things. Had a bit of a shock as the difficulty and pokemon level of the challengers makes a jump up around the point of the 8th gym and through to the league. I'd gone from at one point being 10+ levels above the competition to around the same level or lower in a very short time, I had to turn EXPshare back on to try to catch up.

Pokemon league elite four like to fight dirty, they will use Full Restores over and over again if their pokemon are on low health, so it seems like you need to avoid getting them into the red. Also, unlike most of the earlier challengers in the game they have powerful abilities and are well equiped to deal with type disadvantages. My team was between 62-65 after having finished the championship.

Water Elite guy with his Gyarados was no issue for me. I have Raichu and I fully focussed on his speed stat using the super training to use Electro Ball (which is based on speed), meant I one-shot every one of the water types. I had the most issues with the steel type guy.

Last edited:
Back