Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

The thing I would be quite interested in is whether there will be possible Egg/TM Moves transferable to the non-Alolan forms of the same Pokémon, like if you bred a male Vulpix from Alola that knew Powder Snow with a regular Female Vulpix for example.

If not that, then I'd actually really like them to include a thing where if you do have the Alolan form of a pokémon, they learn a new Sun/Moon move unique to that pokémon that can be interbred between Alolan and non-Alolan forms.

The thing I would be quite interested in is whether there will be possible Egg/TM Moves transferable to the non-Alolan forms of the same Pokémon, like if you bred a male Vulpix from Alola that knew Powder Snow with a regular Female Vulpix for example.

If not that, then I'd actually really like them to include a thing where if you do have the Alolan form of a pokémon, they learn a new Sun/Moon move unique to that pokémon that can be interbred between Alolan and non-Alolan forms.
I doubt it. Most likely the egg moves will be reset and any Vulpix will adopt the local area's type.

While it would be cool to see Ice-type Ninetales use Flamethrower, I don't think it'll be possible. Alola Pokemon are basically brand new Pokemon.

Also don't expect any Pokemon that have Mega Evolutions to have Alola Forms. I think Alola Form is like an alternative for Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve. (Like how in Yugioh originally they just had Fusion Summoning but then came out with Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum Summoning as alternatives).

I doubt it. Most likely the egg moves will be reset and any Vulpix will adopt the local area's type.
That does seem most likely, although it'd be a missed opportunity to incorporate a move of some sort that's exclusive to the "side-evolution" which can be interbred.

While it would be cool to see Ice-type Ninetales use Flamethrower, I don't think it'll be possible. Alola Pokemon are basically brand new Pokemon.
I was thinking more on the use of the Fairy typing to introduce a move Ninetales wouldn't otherwise know unless through interbreeding the counterparts, or what I mentioned to Blitz. Flamethrower on an Ice Ninetales just seems a tad bit odd, and I would definitely frown at Gamefreak for allowing it.

Also, with the advent of the new Marowak evolution and Alola Raichu seemingly being another case of this... I was thinking, how about Scyther? Would be interesting if you traded the Reaper Cloth or new Alola item and got a Bug/Ghost that work on the same principle of the Scizor evolution.

I'm certainly preferring the idea of alolan pokemon instead of mega evolutions. It was kind of getting silly having the best pokemon suddenly gain 100 base stats and usually an insane ability.

I'm certainly preferring the idea of alolan pokemon instead of mega evolutions. It was kind of getting silly having the best pokemon suddenly gain 100 base stats and usually an insane ability.
Mega Evolution was needed though for most of the Pokemon (Charizard, Mawile, Tyranitar are the main examples while others like Blastoise and Venusaur were there so they aren't left out) extended evolution line wouldn't work anymore due to Eviolitie existing in Gen V for Pre-evolved Pokemon.

Giving Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion that made Legendaries have stats over Arceus (the God of all Pokemon) is silly though.

I think Z-Moves are done to balance some of the stupider Mega Evolve Pokemon so you don't have to use Mega Evolution, you can just Z-Move them. Alola Forms are the more balanced alternative of Mega Evolution.

I'm still wondering how Alolan Ninetales will work, since it's a stone evolution.

Dawn Stone?

How about Pokemon Uranium?
I guess you could say that Pokémon Uranium just got nuked.

10173792.jpg

Currently 250 encounters deep in a shiny Seviper hunt, I forgot how addicting shiny hunting can be.

I know it isn't for everyone but I hope the Pokeradar returns in Sun and Moon. I'd be sorely disappointed if not.

Trying to decide what shiny to hunt next, I wanted the Seviper to partner with my shiny Zangoose...may try and get Minun and Plusle.

I've just started playing Omega Ruby about a week ago. I received a game card for Lvl 100 Arceus from Gamestop, but decided that I wouldn't use him at all in the main story. Managed to catch Primal Groudon, beat the Elite 4, and am now mid way through the Delta Episode (Where I've read online that I can get both Mega Rayquaza and Deoxys?). Was randomly flying around on my Latios when I ran into a shiny cave that had a portal style hole. This summoned Reshiram which I was able to catch quite easily. Super cool. Now I'm looking online and learning that there is a TON of other Legendaries that can be caught in the game. I guess when I was a child I never realized how much after the Elite 4 there was!

I've also bought X and Yellow to go with the 2DS. Considering buying Sun or Moon when it comes out. Looks like it has some interesting stuff in it, from what they've shown so far.

Last edited:
How about Pokemon Uranium? I just nabbed a copy and I'm having a blast with it.

Yes, I can't believe how good this game is for being something that's fan-made in RPGMaker. It's incredible. Imagine if they chose not to do this because of IP. To hell with IP.

Yes, I can't believe how good this game is for being something that's fan-made in RPGMaker. It's incredible. Imagine if they chose not to do this because of IP. To hell with IP.
It's absolutely crazy.

sheldon'stractonissuchbullcrapthough

I think the concept of "IP" is inherently a bad idea, and the laws enforcing it are far worse.

One day when society evolves beyond capitalism (if we survive long enough), concepts such as piracy, copyright and trademark will become obsolete and we'll have total creative freedom.

If we're going by the title, it's supposed to be about X and Y specifically... yet here we are talking about Uranium and crap. :lol:

At this point, it's Pokemon general discussion.

I think the concept of "IP" is inherently a bad idea, and the laws enforcing it are far worse.

bobcats.gif

One day when society evolves beyond capitalism (if we survive long enough), concepts such as piracy, copyright and trademark will become obsolete and we'll have total creative freedom.

KobeReaxTylerDunk.gif

Aaand you went off the trail here. IP is not a failure of capitalism, it's a legal construct of the state. It's an interference with capitalism. Involuntary Twitch used his property to exercise his creative freedom. Nintendo used the state to shut him down, trampling his and the gamers' property rights because of Nintendo's intellectual "property". But he's not misrepresenting his project-- that is, it's not fraud. It is clearly a fan-made game with all attributions to Nintendo and the creators of Pokemon. In fact, it helps the brand. There is no conflict here. We don't have these problems when property is clearly defined and protected. When things that are not property are protected as property, things go awry. For more, read Murray Rothbard and Stephan Kinsella.

Back