Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

ANYWAYS, has anyone here done a Nuzlocke challenge? I'm currently doing a Pokemon White Nuzlocke.

I've never tried it. A bit too hardcore for my blood. :lol:

I'd consider trying it in Uranium, but I hear that it's much more difficult than a regular Pokemon game... so nope.

Aaand you went off the trail here. IP is not a failure of capitalism, it's a legal construct of the state. It's an interference with capitalism. Involuntary Twitch used his property to exercise his creative freedom. Nintendo used the state to shut him down, trampling his and the gamers' property rights because of Nintendo's intellectual "property". But he's not misrepresenting his project-- that is, it's not fraud. It is clearly a fan-made game with all attributions to Nintendo and the creators of Pokemon. In fact, it helps the brand. There is no conflict here. We don't have these problems when property is clearly defined and protected. When things that are not property are protected as property, things go awry. For more, read Murray Rothbard and Stephan Kinsella.
Those aren't mutually exclusive ideas... it could very easily be both.

Yes, it could be construed to be an "interference" with capitalism, but at the end of the day it stems from money. Artists need to eat so they sell their works rather than share them freely with the world, jackasses need to eat so they try to make an easy dime by copying the art of others and trying to pass it off as their own. And because of both of those, artists have a need for laws to protect their creations. But the thing is... what should constitute as a violation of "intellectual property" isn't always clear-cut, and not everybody sees eye-to-eye on the matter either. Large companies in particular want IP laws to give them as much power and protection as humanly possible even if it's far beyond what is actually fair, and will lobby for such laws.

And regardless of how you feel about capitalism relative to other economic paradigms today, someday it WILL be supplanted by something new. It might be the best system we've got for the time being, but when robotics and computers advance to the point where 99.9% of all jobs are obsolete and products can be produced in abundance (more than they already are)... capitalism will, at the very least, need some thoughtful overhauling. Or we could wind up in a future where everyone's getting basic real and virtual income allowances, and microtransactions in the name of maintaining "economic growth" will account for most of the world's GDP. You'll be able to live in a small smart apartment for your a portion of your basic real allowance, but it'll cost you 25 crystals of your basic virtual allowance every time you have Cortana/Siri flick the lights on or off. :lol:

Last edited:
I've never tried it. A bit too hardcore for my blood. :lol:

I'd consider trying it in Uranium, but I hear that it's much more difficult than a regular Pokemon game... so nope.

Yeah...I learned the hard way how brutal Nuzlockes are. Of the 8 Pokemon I've caught, 5 are dead. :(

For those in EU, Happy Hour Meowth is up on Mystery Gift. The code you need is HAPPY.

ANYWAYS, has anyone here done a Nuzlocke challenge? I'm currently doing a Pokemon White Nuzlocke.

I'm doing a wonderlocke challenge in Alpha Sapphire, basically the same rules as a nuzlocke but you wondertrade the first Pokemon from each route. Team so far is Greninja, Leafeon, Haunter and Sandslash.

I'm doing a wonderlocke challenge in Alpha Sapphire, basically the same rules as a nuzlocke but you wondertrade the first Pokemon from each route. Team so far is Greninja, Leafeon, Haunter and Sandslash.
How have you been able to get them to obey you? :odd:

Uh, Exeggutor, thank you very much. I've evolved. :P
Alola forme? Would explain this:
a55.jpg

Basically finished with Omega Ruby now. Got all Legendaries available in the game, and am now just playing the Battle Resort and training Pokemon for the second run at the Elite 4.

Started X now. Interesting how different the buildings are compared to past Pokemon. I've chosen Fennekin as my starter Pokemon which I now realize was probably not the best idea as I'll really want Charizard X at some point. Oh well, I may buy Y because both of the Legendaries look cool. Xernias and Yvetal are their name I believe.

My friend code is 5000 - 6511 - 1759 if someone wants to add me for an ORAS battle later.

@Kamuifanboy Xerneas and Yveltal are correct. Will you try to get Zygarde too?

Last edited:

Lol Alola Ratata.

Also Snorlax has awaken to crush Donald Trump.

The Snorlax's running animation in his Z-Move is just hilarious for some reason. Reminds me when you see fat people running in anime.

My friend code is 5000 - 6511 - 1759 if someone wants to add me for an ORAS battle later.
I'm up for some battles this morning if people are interested. If you have to play by Kalos rules, that's fine. I can switch out the one team member that's outside of the Kalos rules. (Latias + mega)

Back