Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

It was in August. I have a spare code if you want it.

Don't worry about it. I just need to keep up with the internet stuff with Pokemon. Still a bit too old school with my Pokemon since I just got back into it after the Original Ruby :D

I love Type: Null a lot.

Not sure how I feel about Ultra Beasts though, are they Pokemon? Bosses?

I'm up for some battles this morning if people are interested. If you have to play by Kalos rules, that's fine. I can switch out the one team member that's outside of the Kalos rules. (Latias + mega)
Actually Mega Latias is compatible with X/Y since it is in the coding...

I'll add you later :), quite busy at the moment.

I love Type: Null a lot.

Not sure how I feel about Ultra Beasts though, are they Pokemon? Bosses?

Actually Mega Latias is compatible with X/Y since it is in the coding...

I'll add you later :), quite busy at the moment.
I legitimately thought Type: Null was its type, not its name...That is a rather man-made name. I suspect something like Porygon?

Japanese Trailer:

From what I picked up:

• There will be trainer customization once again.
  • There is no Alolan Pikachu, Cubone or Exeggcute, you instead can evolve them into their Evolutionary Alolan counterparts using an unknown method (probably just being in the Alolan region does that)
  • The rival will actually choose the starter that is weak to your starter
  • Trainters will actually react when they spot you instead of just a randon ! mark.
  • There is actually legit shorter hairstyles instead of X/Y poor excuse of short hair.
  • There is a Black Professor Oak. Just kidding it's just his cousin who is studying regional counterparts :P.

Japanese Trailer:

From what I picked up:

• There will be trainer customization once again.
  • There is no Alolan Pikachu, Cubone or Exeggcute, you instead can evolve them into their Evolutionary Alolan counterparts using an unknown method (probably just being in the Alolan region does that)
  • The rival will actually choose the starter that is weak to your starter
  • Trainters will actually react when they spot you instead of just a randon ! mark.
  • There is actually legit shorter hairstyles instead of X/Y poor excuse of short hair.
  • There is a Black Professor Oak. Just kidding it's just his cousin who is studying regional counterparts :P.

I think they took a clue from Uranium on the bolded.

Also it appears that hats are now completely optional in the trainer customization judging by the heads of 2 of the people in the Battle Royal shown.

I kinda interested how Komala from Pokemon has quite the similar appearance as the Nom Nom in We Bare Bears.

250px-Komala.png

Frickin Koalas.

So I just beat the Elite Four in Platinum. Gosh darned Cynthia's Garchomp was the hardest thing to take down thus far...

And right now I'm battling Uxie :)

Dawn Stone and Snorunts are available at that point.

My team at Platinum was (all were on Lv. 54 when I beat Cynthia due my level OCD :lol:):

Torterra
Giratina
Haunter (couldn't get a trade partner at this point)
Gligar (I refuse to evolve it)
Golduck
Staraptor

So yeah, against Ice types, my team can't do anything with 2 even being 4x weak (Candice was a real struggle for this team).

I don't necessarily like any of the Ice types in the Sinnoh Pokedex so I never thought of getting one and even then I already had 5 Pokemon with my 6th slot reserved for Giratina and I don't like to put Pokemon in rotation because to me, using Pokemon as Hate Pokemon (Pokemon serving no use to you except to specifically beat a specific strategy or Pokemon) is wrong.

Cool trailer here:

So glad I'm choosing sun, Midday Form looks amazing :D.

Also, I'm so happy how much open trainer customization is now, males can now wear shorts (I know X/Y say they have "cargo shorts" but those really weren't shorts due to how long they were) and even singlets. Hats are completely optional too.

I've pre-ordered both versions. Considering upgrading my 2DS to a 3DS XL. Although I've got to say, for the price the 2DS is amazing!
Completely agree! So much so I've pre-ordered my little brother the limited-edition Sun&Moon 2DS for Christmas. :D

I'm going to get Moon on release then get Sun around Christmas time.

I decided to stop buying 2 versions because, I barely play 1 of them and spend majority of my time on 1. Since trading is so easy, exclusives aren't really an issue :P.

I'm going to make two pre-orders: one for me, and one for a co-worker whose last game was Diamond. He's super-hyped about this gen!

I'll probably just buy Moon.

While I was living in Japan, I'd buy English copies of the "blue" versions (X & AS) and Japanese copies of the "red" ones (Y & OR), but I'm not in Japan anymore. Plus I'm broke. :P

I'll probably just buy Moon.

While I was living in Japan, I'd buy English copies of the "blue" versions (X & AS) and Japanese copies of the "red" ones (Y & OR), but I'm not in Japan anymore. Plus I'm broke. :P
Yeah, buying that many games would have that effect.

The event Keldeo has perfect IVs and is a Modest nature. Brilliant.

Darkrai is available on Mystery Gift with the code Darkrai20. If you already have the Gamestop one, it won't allow you to get this one.

Torracat just looks like a bigger Litten. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dartrix just looks ok. Doesn't really do anything for me.

Brionne is absolutely adorable though. Depending on how the final evolutions pan out, I might be swayed to pick Popplio over Litten as my starter.

Back