Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Torracat just looks like a bigger Litten. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Dartrix just looks ok. Doesn't really do anything for me.

Brionne is absolutely adorable though. Depending on how the final evolutions pan out, I might be swayed to pick Popplio over Litten as my starter.

Funny you should mention the final evolutions. I'm a bit suprised no one in the thread brought these up, but the final evolutions of the starters have been "leaked" since early June and have been circulating around the Internet ever since:

scs8bsq9gwhnrn1xswsh.jpg

These are very likely to be real because Mallow, one of the trial captains, can be seen with Litten's evolution and this picture has been around long before anyone knew Mallow existed. Based on these, I'm going with Popplio too.
Its final evolution here looks amazing.

I think those may be some early concept designs. They don't seem to match up well to evolutions we've seen so far.

Then again, third-evolution starters always looked a bit different so who knows.

Brionne is bae. Will definitely be going with that starter line-up.

Looking forward to the demo on the 18th too.

First time that Pokemon has given the Water stater the more feminine look.

I like it, especially since the second evolution looks even more like a Yugioh Performapal monster.

So yes, I am going to get the Water starter (like always) and name it "Performapal".

Speaking of Card Game puns, I'm likely going to call my character in Pokemon Sun, Gao from Buddyfight, because "Might Sun Fighter" and all :P. Might change my Charizard that I mega evolve into Mega Charizard Ys name to "Bal" before I transfer it over to go with the theme since it has the ability drought.

Demo is already out in Australia.

I'm enjoying a lot, they really redone the battle menu and while I already understand it completely, they've made it very accessible to new players. You can check how much stat changes has happened on both sides of the battle and if you battle a Pokemon you've already seen moves will tell you how effective they are,

Also leaks via datamining: http://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-demo-appears-to-accidentally-leak-1787914262

Alola Persian and the entire Alola Geodude line look really stupid IMO. Definitely my least favourite designed Pokemon of this gen.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that this is another event only for EU?

All pokemon this year that have been available at the first of any given month to the twenty fourth of that same month have been world wide available due to 20th Anni of the series. Now certain event sl

Disappointed that the starter's final evolutions turned out to be accurate... Litten's final evolution is awful.

Definitely choosing Popplio.

Battle Bond Greninja might be a problem in online/competitive play. Base 140 offense stats and I think 140 speed...

Battle Bond Greninja might be a problem in online/competitive play. Base 140 offense stats and I think 140 speed...

Nah. Don't forget it'll lose Protean so it won't really be hitting any harder than it would be normally, and it's defenses are still garbage. Loss of Protean also means it'll be stuck with its dark typing permanently. Mach/Drain/Power-up Punches all day.

Nah. Don't forget it'll lose Protean so it won't really be hitting any harder than it would be normally, and it's defenses are still garbage. Loss of Protean also means it'll be stuck with its dark typing permanently. Mach/Drain/Power-up Punches all day.
Which means my Guts Conkeldurr flame orb ftw will be very happy.

Several problems with Ash-Greninja.

1. It's impossible to obtain it outside of this demo.

2. Ability only activates when it KO a Pokemon, so at the beginning it has no ability, weaker than if it has Torrent. (like my Greninja (yes I still use a Torrent Greninja))

3. Stats could be over exaggerated for the demo, as the stats of the other Pokemon have been lowered to make it easy for new players.

4. With a lot of stuff now nerfing priority moves and abilities, Ash-Greninja won't be able to use it's Water Shruiken. In the coding of the demo a new move called Psychic Terrain was revealed and it completely kills off any priority moves.

Ash Greninja can be transferred to the full Sun and Moon.

And I thought Water Shruiken wasn't a priority move.

Ash Greninja can be transferred to the full Sun and Moon.

And I thought Water Shruiken wasn't a priority move.
That's why I said outside of the demo it is impossible to obtain.

No, it's a priority move, it also glt changed to special this Gen too.

Love the demo, the new visuals are great. Feels like it's pushing the 3ds as far as it can go though.

I feel like we finally have a game that has style closest to Colosseum and XD in the Gamecube.

Love the music a lot. I go to places just listen to the music sometimes :P

I feel like we finally have a game that has style closest to Colosseum and XD in the Gamecube.

Love the music a lot. I go to places just listen to the music sometimes :P
I want a Wii U/NX Colosseum style game...

I want a Wii U/NX Colosseum style game...
Story wouldn't be too hard, XD already ended in a bit of a cliff-hanger post game with the Blue child of Greevil saying he'll revive Cipher.

We already have the antagonist, now we just need the game to happen :lol:.

Also I want to see more of Miror B. :D

TM/HM data has been mined.

HMs are removed entirely

The good HMs (Surf, Waterfall & Fly) are now TMs replacing Struggle Bug, Rock Smash and Power up Punch/

Incinerate, Retaliate and Flash are replaced with 3 new moves that aren't confirmed

Dig is removed for Leech Life

Hone Claws is removed for Work Up

There is also are new Poke Ball with an undisclosed name
It is believed that it'll be used to catch the UB as it is confirmed that the UB are catchable, usable is still an uncertainty.

TM/HM data has been mined.

HMs are removed entirely

The good HMs (Surf, Waterfall & Fly) are now TMs replacing Struggle Bug, Rock Smash and Power up Punch/

Incinerate, Retaliate and Flash are replaced with 3 new moves that aren't confirmed

Dig is removed for Leech Life

Hone Claws is removed for Work Up

There is also are new Poke Ball with an undisclosed name
It is believed that it'll be used to catch the UB as it is confirmed that the UB are catchable, usable is still an uncertainty.
That is interesting, but a design choice I agree with. 👍

1. Popplio final form looks majestic.
2. On the other hand, Litten final form looks disgusting.
3. Persian is fatter and looks like Garfield.
4. Dugtrio is now hairy. (Insert lewd jokes here)

What! You can't sit down? Cancelling my pre order. Etc. :lol:
Hilariously this is something my Girlfriend picked up on too...outrage! :lol:

Can't wait for my Lopunny-Tsareena doubles team, ALL the sass. :lol:

Last edited:
If Leech Life isn't getting buffed, I question the choice to replace Dig for it, which as a great Ground type move before you had access to Earthquake.

As for the final forms, I love them all. Poppolio final form still has the Performapal look which I hoped for, Littens final form looks like a Pro Wrestler which is surprising but I do like the design chose and the overall look, Litten just gets better and better with every evolution.

Back