Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
Yeah, we'll see those in what, 2022?

Besides, both of these cars will be shuffled into Group X and never used anywhere except some one off races online. So frankly, what's the point?
It's a Porsche x PD strenghten relationship and besides we have been getting Porsche cars regardless.

Still see it a good thing.
Wish this kind of love would have reached some other manufacturers.

Group X.

Also this thing is like 2,350kg... so enjoying racing this in one make.

I suppose if they used the singular brain cells you can duke it out with the Tesla Model S or the BMW i3 (Lol!) but again another beautiful modelled animal in a GR.X cage... like the P1 GTR and Zonda R which I have yet to buy...
If only we could customize the opponents chosen by the CPU (Custom Grid from Garage o Brand Central...), the car category would be a minor problem. But apparently PD thinks like a peanut.

Has Gran Turismo ever announced a car and then shown standard photos of it instead of in-game renders? I can't recall this ever happening before.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.24.20 AM.png

...so PD needs to sort that Gr.X out ASAP, since I feel this one will end in Gr.X too...

On other hand we have ERS finally working on all hybrids, but Tesla Model S and BMW i3 lack... We all know those cars cannot go for long when driving them in sport mode, but there should be an option for that.. at least they would be usefull in N class cars... same as this new Porsche

Last edited:
I feel like they released GTS, and immediately started working on GT7. Occasionally adding some GT7 content to GTS to keep us "happy".

The facts don't agree with your feels. Can't start building a game 2 years before the hardware it's going to be running on even exists. Since the next GT game will be a PS5 launch title. If it runs on PS4 at all (which I doubt) it will have to be dramatically down scaled.

View attachment 850027

3. Last but not least, designers from Porsche are currently developing the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, which is then being turned into a drivable car within the game by Polyphony Digital Inc. The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project is expected to appear within Gran Turismo Sport by the end of next year. With the Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Project, the Porsche Design team is exploring new horizons: for the first time, a virtual sports car concept not linked to series production will be developed, which makes the visionary interpretation of the Porsche design DNA a reality.

View attachment 850028

Sigh.

Huge announcement, look forward to driving each of these cars in the game. I wonder how long the exclusivity will last?

Also, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth... but the two models that I REALLY lust after are the 918 and the Carrara GT. More so the latter. Hope this partnership brings them into the mix on GTS, or by the time GTnext arrives.

Can't start building a game 2 years before the hardware it's going to be running on even exists.
Sure you can, especially if a rough idea of the hardware already exists, you just need to tweak it a bit once you've got the final hardware to optimise for that (note: this wasn't always the case, but modern consoles are basically PCs, and don't really have exotic hardware anymore). Besides, PS5 devkits have probably been around at first party studios for a long time now.

Porsche must have given PD their CAD Data model.

"Thanks to development teams from Stuttgart and Tokyo working closely together during the past nine months, besides a detailed representation of the interior with animated instruments, Porsche and Polyphony Digital Inc. recreated the car’s unique sound and its performance on the track."

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3877725.html

Sure you can, especially if a rough idea of the hardware already exists, you just need to tweak it a bit once you've got the final hardware to optimise for that (note: this wasn't always the case, but modern consoles are basically PCs, and don't really have exotic hardware anymore). Besides, PS5 devkits have probably been around at first party studios for a long time now.

The architecture of the GPU didn't exist before, Navi is brand new (not some refresh) and only went into production in mid June. AMD discrete GPU's aren't even full Navi yet (which the PS5 will be), they're a hybrid architecture. So no, they haven't had dev kits for a long time, because there was no silicon to have. I recommend following all tech news.

This is so freaking awesome. I was sceptical when the game launched thinking GTS would only have one or two Porsche cars. But it’s slowly evolved into more. I’m a little bummed that one is an electric only because I wanted to hear that awesome Porsche noise it’s so iconic. But it looks awesome and I’m pumped we don’t have long to wait. As for the other 2 they should be a lot of fun particularly that 917 remake. Would love for the original to make an appearance like in Project cars 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Back