Pre order info + new confirmed cars

• Thread starter khkenni
  • 311 comments
:ouch: Read above, or the news page! :lol:

Sorry, my rage against such stupid dlc was faster.

But the initial anouncement is a bit confusing. Does that mean, that some cars or "enhancement options" are locked at the beginning of the game? Maybe something like Forza Motorsport 2, where you had to unlock most cars? I dont care if some players have a head start in the game with more money or a garage with good cars. It just looked like 20 great cars would be a day one dlc. They should have make it clear in the beginning.

And having to pay for colours to paint your cars is the most rip off of all time. It is just lame. I just cant believe how PD wants to monetise GT like this. DLC tracks, cars, paint chips, helmets, suits, ?horns? and more. I am not ok with this. I always thought that Forza Motorsport is mad with its costly dlc, but this is a new dimension.

All gamestop GT6 preorder are auto upgraded to 15th Anniversary Ed with all the bonuses, the same price with more content, just giving consumer more choices, want to start fresh with nothing but a few credits - get the vanilla version or don't use the code given on the Anniversary Ed, or want to have 1 million credits, some cars, extra paints/helmets/avatars/suits + APEX II - get the Anniversary ed at no extra cost but having to preorder from selected retailer :D

Last edited:
Strangely.. I'm kind of torn - I want the pre-order stuff (though I'll probably wait for a collectors edition and pre-order that since it will likely come with the same stuff in addition, assuming this stuff comes to NZ retailers) but I also don't want the kickstart at the beginning of the game..

Decisions decisions.. if it's a code of some kind I suppose I could just wait to activate it later on when I feel I've "earned" it - but if it's hardwired into the disc to immediately give me this stuff on each new game then I'm going to have to do some real thinking (Or just refuse to use the cars and pretend they don't exist)

Strangely.. I'm kind of torn - I want the pre-order stuff (though I'll probably wait for a collectors edition and pre-order that since it will likely come with the same stuff in addition, assuming this stuff comes to NZ retailers) but I also don't want the kickstart at the beginning of the game..

Decisions decisions.. if it's a code of some kind I suppose I could just wait to activate it later on when I feel I've "earned" it - but if it's hardwired into the disc to immediately give me this stuff on each new game then I'm going to have to do some real thinking (Or just refuse to use the cars and pretend they don't exist)

Sorry, my rage against such stupid dlc was faster.

But the initial anouncement is a bit confusing. Does that mean, that some cars or "enhancement options" are locked at the beginning of the game? Maybe something like Forza Motorsport 2, where you had to unlock most cars? I dont care if some players have a head start in the game with more money or a garage with good cars. It just looked like 20 great cars would be a day one dlc. They should have make it clear in the beginning.

And having to pay for colours to paint your cars is the most rip off of all time. It is just lame. I just cant believe how PD wants to monetise GT like this. DLC tracks, cars, paint chips, helmets, suits, ?horns? and more. I am not ok with this. I always thought that Forza Motorsport is mad with its costly dlc, but this is a new dimension.

Gamestop preorder Anniversary Ed is the same price as original version at $59.99. No extra cost for the added content/DLC, and it's unlocked via code, so no worries there Urie :D I think NZ retailers will have the same deal :)

So, getting the Anniversary ed, players will have the choice to use the code or not ( keep it or give it away ) and since it was free, the choice is obvious.

Bonus!
More details
Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 to receive the GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Upgrade!

Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 to receive the GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Upgrade!

GameStop Exclusive - 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade

How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades. We'll have more information on the 15th Anniversary Edition at a later date. For now, check out the entire line-up of 20 vehicles when you pre-order through GameStop:

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Alpine A110 1600S '68
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 '12
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 '13
Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11
KTM X-BOW R
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Lotus Europa (type54) '68
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car '11
SRT Viper GTS '13
TRD 86 Racing '08
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car '08

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

AMAZON : Pre-order Bonus: 4 Car Pack and $1 Million In-Game Credit
Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 for PlayStation 3 and get the pre-order bonus "4 Car Pack and $1 Million In-Game Credit." The pack includes: Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12, the Corvette Stingray C7 '14, BMW Z4 GT3 '11, and the Nissan GT-R Nismo N24 Schulze Motosport '13. The $1 Million in game credit can be used to unlock upgrades on any vehicle you choose. Check out the Amazon Exclusive video here. The promotional code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer will be applied to all previous pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.

All Gamestop preorder will get the bonus Anniversary Ed.
All Amazon preorder will get the credits and 4 pack car.

Last edited:
I think that I will have a code to share then. :dopey:

I dont want a headstart with a big load of money and also want to earn my cars. I am not a collector, I am a driver. Maybe there could a thread for people that want to share the code after release. 👍

I dont want a headstart with a big load of money and also want to earn my cars. I am not a collector, I am a driver. Maybe there could a thread for people that want to share the code after release. 👍

Good decision, I will keep my code just in case, yeah I like holding on stuff :) and start without extra cars or money.

Ah brilliant! Cheers for that~ I must have skipped over it while reading everything else by mistake, that's a lack of sleep for you..

Well I guess that settles it then, if it's code based then I have no issues with pre-ordering. I'll simply hold off on 'cashing in' until I've completed A-spec or at least pretty far into it.

Either way I'm not pre-ordering anything until all of the editions are announced so I can pick and choose :lol:

I will save my code until I get a decent car collection going, then add them. That way I don't just start off with great cars

Attention.
If you live in Europe (but not UK) and you are wondering to buy game from amazon.co.uk.

You might want to reconsider it. I had GT5 as preordered for two years before it was released and when I got my game disc I didn't get promised preorder bonus cars (vouchers). When I ask amazon.co.uk about missing cars, I was told I'm not valid to have them since I'm not UK citizen nor living in UK address. I guess I don't need to mention it was last business I did with amazon.co.uk...

If you want to take risk and eventually got urinated onto your eyes, remember, you have been warned.

Last edited:
I'm quite liking those new cars revealed so far 👍

Well at least with the anniversary edition this means the game can't be delayed until 2014.

I wouldn't be so sure about it :lol:

soon it'll be called GT6 16th Anniversary Edition :lol:

I pre-ordered a copy at Gamestop. I hope the paint chip system is changed for the better. Better, to me, would be: unlock a color and have it the entire save game(unlimited use). Include a hex color palette and license sponsors decals. Aww...a guy can dream.

I'm stilling searching for Horns no.27(JUST KIDDING)

Regarding paint chips/liveries, I think the single biggest improvement would be, if they get the paint chips to stack correctly.:rolleyes:

Regarding paint chips/liveries, I think the single biggest improvement would be, if they get the paint chips to stack correctly.:rolleyes:

That is as I see it the biggest problem. You should have the option to choose a "hue range" like red, blue, orange, green etc and then get a list, from light to dark (or vice versa) to peruse. It should also be a live preview ON THE CAR. It's maddening to paint a car with what looks like the right color only to find out it looks WAY different than the stupid little preview, which was different than the chip preview to begin with, after searching for an hour.

I also agree with everyone that once you have a color it should just remain "stocked" at GT Auto. Flats and chromes had to be used so sparingly it's ridiculous.

Personally I'm not bothered by a "chip system" if they get it right. It could be a lot easier for people who don't understand how to make nice paints using the RGB colorspace and alpha values. That being said though I found the paint system in NASCAR The Game 2011 very simple to use and produced good results.

If the cars are truly going to be customizable as Kaz says we need a good paint system at the very least.

Strangely.. I'm kind of torn - but I also don't want the kickstart at the beginning of the game..

Well if the trade system is still intact, you could buy cars or parts and gift them to other players. I did this once in GT5 to reduce my starting money to zero and then used the bonus events to earn money for my first car.

I'm quite liking those new cars revealed so far 👍

I wouldn't be so sure about it :lol:

soon it'll be called GT6 16th Anniversary Edition :lol:

2014 15th Anniversary Edition, for exceptionally large values of 15. It's technically possible.

Last edited:
Good to hear paint chips are coming back too, i have actually come to prefer them over choosing any colour you want from a colour wheel or similar, as sometimes the really cool colours can take a bit to 'discover' on a wheel.

I don't mind the paint chips since I gotten used to them in GT5 thanks to the standard cars. :) Can't wait to see how PD improves them. There should be some shop to purchase them in, would love that.

Done, with free guaranteed release day shipping with Amazon Prime, I know what I will be doing durring my holiday vacation this year 👍

Looking back I wish I had held on to my pre-order code from GT5. It made things way too easy starting off with those overpowered chromeline cars and the GT-R GT500 Stealth.

And with so few races in A-spec it was a shame to "waste" them with ridiculously overpowered cars.

I'm surely not alone in hoping for pictures of these cars in Premium form (along with the announced Mercs we haven't seen yet) to be shown soon. Maybe Gamescom? ;)

Looking back I wish I had held on to my pre-order code from GT5. It made things way too easy starting off with those overpowered chromeline cars and the GT-R GT500 Stealth.

And with so few races in A-spec it was a shame to "waste" them with ridiculously overpowered cars.

From the demo's so far, there's a PP limit to events such as Sunday Cup. And why would you look for or expect a challenge while using an overpowered car? You can beat the Super GT A-Spec event with a GT300 car.

Sadly I think I do aswell..also I love how Gamestop UK doesn't even have GT6 for pre-order...(yet).

Edit: Or anywhere's else just yet..oh well..:indiff:

Last edited:
From the demo's so far, there's a PP limit to events such as Sunday Cup. And why would you look for or expect a challenge while using an overpowered car? You can beat the Super GT A-Spec event with a GT300 car.

Oh I'm so glad you cleared that up for me Oh Wise One.

Your intelligence is clearly superior to all that have come before.

Perhaps you can clear up another question that has been vexxing me. How do I get my VCR to stop blinking 12:00?

/sarcasm

To clarify my previous remarks (which I'm pretty sure isn't necessary despite your condescending arrogance above), I had some shiny new Chromeline cars and I wanted to drive them. And it just happened that there were some A spec events that surprisingly allowed these overpowered cars.

But don't let me rain on your parade. If it makes you feel better, just condescend away.

I would be quite pleased with a livery editor as simple as the one in iRacing. Such livery editor could even integrate paint chips quite easily, as well as offering us a certain variety (even though not as seemingly infinite as in other games), mantaining the exclusivity of pre-order liveries, and avoid possible cases of online abuse. Furthermore, GT, having a wider variety of car manufacturers and licenses regarding automotive-related brands, could offer us an even wider amount of sponsor decals than iRacing. This can also be compatible with the Mini screenshot we already saw at TGS back then when waiting for GT5 and the proposals many of you have written here.

Here's hoping that such a simple and easy to implement idea crossed PDs mind. I don't really expect this to happen as PD is known for some...err..."questionable" decisions, but I honestly think it's the most simple and constructive feedback us fans can give to them. Lacking even such a shallow ability of customization really puts PD behind the competition in some aspects of the game, nullyfing to the general opinion (and maybe to many of the hardcore GT fans as well) how great some other aspects of the game can be.

Come on PD, time to step up.

Well they already said livery editor is technically possible. Like with A.I, engine sound, time/weather and such, it all boils down to time it seems. What we should hope for is that they have enough time to do everything rather than them implementing things we want at this stage.

I would be quite pleased with a livery editor as simple as the one in iRacing. Such livery editor could even integrate paint chips quite easily, as well as offering us a certain variety (even though not as seemingly infinite as in other games), mantaining the exclusivity of pre-order liveries, and avoid possible cases of online abuse. Furthermore, GT, having a wider variety of car manufacturers and licenses regarding automotive-related brands, could offer us an even wider amount of sponsor decals than iRacing. This can also be compatible with the Mini screenshot we already saw at TGS back then when waiting for GT5 and the proposals many of you have written here.

Here's hoping that such a simple and easy to implement idea crossed PDs mind. I don't really expect this to happen as PD is known for some...err..."questionable" decisions, but I honestly think it's the most simple and constructive feedback us fans can give to them. Lacking even such a shallow ability of customization really puts PD behind the competition in some aspects of the game, nullyfing to the general opinion (and maybe to many of the hardcore GT fans as well) how great some other aspects of the game can be.

Come on PD, time to step up.
Agreed in full. Although I actually think that the new paint chips could be shorthand for saveable files a la full wraps. Hence exclusive liveries. but at any rate, I'll leave this here. Just an idea for a livery
Screenshot%20Megane%20Monster%20Energy.jpg

Oh I'm so glad you cleared that up for me Oh Wise One.

Your intelligence is clearly superior to all that have come before.

Perhaps you can clear up another question that has been vexxing me. How do I get my VCR to stop blinking 12:00?

/sarcasm

To clarify my previous remarks (which I'm pretty sure isn't necessary despite your condescending arrogance above), I had some shiny new Chromeline cars and I wanted to drive them. And it just happened that there were some A spec events that surprisingly allowed these overpowered cars.

But don't let me rain on your parade. If it makes you feel better, just condescend away.

Wuh wuh, cry some more. Your GT5 experience is not GT6. Instead of responding like a child, you could see there's a difference in GT6. You chose to use overpowered cars against meager opposition, GT6 has a PP limit to events like Sunday Cup, as the demo's showed. So where's the relevance? There is none.

Although I'm excited for the newly revealed cars, I think I'll hold on to pre-ordering GT6 until I have more info on the car packs presented such as; what the special edition cars even look like.

Back