Project CARS 2 Gameplay Video Blowout

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on July 18th, 2017 in the Project CARS 2 category.
Its interesting to have the option to drive in the snow... but with an indy car? On a oval? Im affraid events like this might show up on the career mode, so we have to do it. Problem is: its not realistic, but a game like PCars2 is all about authenticity and realism. In real live, no one would ever drive a race car like this under those conditions. Indy cars on snow is just stupid, like NASCAR vs. LMP1 was stupid in Forza 6. But dont be mad at me, im just a bit sceptical here.

Impressive videos. All these weather changes are simply something we never experienced in motorsport simulations for ages. But why? The goal of dynamic weather changes, four seasons, daytime - real time, real weather conditions (METAR related), variable wind (speed and vector) means real life A T M O S P H E R E, not only from the immersion point of view, but from the real life dynamic experience on track. It´s pointless to talk about what´s realistic and what isn´t with regards racing a car on a snow covered circuit or oval. We live on planet Earth, not in a vacuum bottle....(LFS, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport, iRacing). Because there isn´t any motorsport simulator on the market which simulates the real atmosphere conditions on a race track, hence dynamic...., Project Cars 2 will be the most realistic R E A L T I M E representation of motorsport experience on a PC or console, and yes, physics will be tweaked to perfection - even for us hardcore racers. Period.

Last edited:
Its interesting to have the option to drive in the snow... but with an indy car? On a oval? Im affraid events like this might show up on the career mode, so we have to do it. Problem is: its not realistic, but a game like PCars2 is all about authenticity and realism. In real live, no one would ever drive a race car like this under those conditions. Indy cars on snow is just stupid, like NASCAR vs. LMP1 was stupid in Forza 6. But dont be mad at me, im just a bit sceptical here.
Erm. You do realise that this won't be in career mode and it's there because it's an aspect of the weather system. It won't be used when it isn't necessary and if you want to drive an IndyCar on an oval in the snow, you can.

I'm just a basic player. I used one of the YouTube XBONE controller set ups and it just transformed game play. I mentioned before how I tuned certain cars. That also made a jump in driving enjoyment.

I see no problem arising on console release. EVEN IF there were no improvement or controls are on par with PC1, the major difference will be the tyre model and (I suspect)car physics.

I feel it's good for us to see the personal computer videos. No doubt there will people on PC's, wanting to jump right in eSports and make some cash(or whatever some do) with their teams.

Back