QM Exiles

• Thread starter bone_tone
  • 1,794 comments
Cheers for the adivce mate, much appreciated. :cheers:👍

Oh, BB is brake balance. 2 to the rear to help with turning into a corner in my case.
You see TC only help you keeping the back from sliding ( heavy foot) and can help only the FR and a bit the MR ....but for the 4WD and FF it slow you way down .... and the brake balance it depend of the weight balance of the car ...for example if you have a car with 65% of weight in the back you have to put more brake to help stop the weight from pushing you while you re turning

It J.R. again. I would like to clear up something.
I have offered Sunday as a place to race with what you come up with. I'm not sure how that got turned into my not doing so. Shrug.

Your choice QM's. I intend to run six races. Winner picks # 1-5, # = preselected tracks.

I want to discover the settings under you will race.
? # of laps - average
? Penalties ? Damage ? Boost.... You get the idea

I have offered Sunday as a place to race with what you come up with. I'm not sure how that got turned into my not doing so. Shrug.

Your choice QM's. I intend to run six races. Winner picks # 1-5, # = preselected tracks.

? # of laps - average
I thought that was what you meant - thanks 👍

? # of laps - average

I replied an hour after you made the offer and said I'd love to take you up on it. Laid out the general idea for you with an initial 30 minutes for qualifying and 3 20 minute races. I asked if you'd mind setting the grid for the 2nd (1st race finishing order) and 3rd race with its full reversed grid but you didn't reply for 4 days. What am I supposed to think?

Tire wear was decided one post down at x5 on RH.

Tuning is locked and BoP is set manually so that we can adjust the power level for the top 5 finishers with the current BoP. If a car has 105% with BoP and that car finished 1st, it's dropped to 100%.

I asked about damage in here but a few people wasn't keen on the idea. The penalty system is broken so no real point turning it on, and no boost. There's a bonus point for fastest lap (and fastest qualifier) so definitely no boost.

This is the most up to date BoP list I can find:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MBvEmktBNPLjCd7PhJ9GIPfph8ScVETD1mJiAqIFFRQ/edit

You see TC only help you keeping the back from sliding ( heavy foot) and can help only the FR and a bit the MR ....but for the 4WD and FF it slow you way down .... and the brake balance it depend of the weight balance of the car ...for example if you have a car with 65% of weight in the back you have to put more brake to help stop the weight from pushing you while you re turning

More excellent advice, cheers. That makes sense about weight balance of the car, shall be paying more attention to that. Still getting used to using the triggers on the DS4, been a X & Square button masher since GT 1.

Joe, do you use the triggers? For some reason I think you use the sticks to accelerate and brake. But I might have gone a bit mad there. :lol:

More excellent advice, cheers. That makes sense about weight balance of the car, shall be paying more attention to that. Still getting used to using the triggers on the DS4, been a X & Square button masher since GT 1.

Joe, do you use the triggers? For some reason I think you use the sticks to accelerate and brake. But I might have gone a bit mad there. :lol:

Sticks ... is the way to go :). Also got my unique 4-finger-operation which makes driving almost as smooth as with a wheel :D :D :D.

I saw your posting regarding the races. It was still early in the week and I thought to let you lads sort out the finer details. I didn't know that the debate was done and over with.

Sat: 6 a.m. E.S.T.
Group 4 - RH @ 5x
No boost, no penalties and no fuel consumption
30 min to Qual - Race starts @ 6:35' ish - depends on how long to set field
20 min. races *(approx.)

I would advise sending me a FR earlier if possible so you can find the room easier.
Also, bear with me as I have to record the names to set the field with the Qual and the races. So please stay at the track until I've done that - thanks

Oldph you woke up early this morning! great!
Today we will do the first test of the championship, I finally realized that you only have to change the power and weight of the car, with the rest stuck by Tuning forbidden.
Last night a dinner of aperitifs, wine and rum of the Caribbean has a little 'upset ... hopefully good

Thanks to @oldphart for letting us have some practice with the Gr4s in the Geezers and Friends lobby today - the most important thing I learnt is that we shouldn't let @Nonno Calvy anywhere near anything FWD! He thrashed us all by some margin in the Scirocco.......

Good to see @coryclifford joining us too :cheers:

It does not seem to me that you went slowly .... :D
I did not use the scirocco for several months, it still walks really strong :cheers:

Thanks for yesterday's tests, the organizer was missing but something we tried! 👍
I want a cross-check on MW! :D
Yesterday i had alot of connection issued ......had to start from the back ...somehow with @coryclifford ......the idea of the winner choose the next race and the car and start on pole .... that bring some new issues ....for example if you leave the lobby for any reason you lose your position in next race
And if i may......all this ....trying to find the right ballast ....engine power ...weight....its just complicted
And i m sure ( and please i m not just saying or pretending ) but i m sure there ll be always some issues between players because everyone know there s some days when you re so fast and someday when nothing go well....and atleast once or someone gonna ask if a rival is cheating or not respecting the rulls because he cant catch him ....and yesterday we had to exit and comeback because someone for some reason didnt had the right setting .....BOP will fix all those issues
So why not do 2 races .....race 1 (long version with pitstop and everything) with all racers and race 2 ( short one 5-7 laps no pit ) without top3 in race1 .....this way everyone has a chance or two......
I made or sketch this as test ....
Race1
1st : 21pts
2sd : 18pts
3th : 15pts
4th : 7pts
5th : 6pts
6th : 5pts
7th : 4pts
8th : 3pts
9th : 2pts
10th : 1pt

Race2
1st : 7pts
2sd : 6pts
3th : 5pts
4th : 4pts
5th : 3pts
6th : 2pts
7th : 1pt

I based this on 10 players...we can adjust depending on the final number of racers .....the idea is that the top3 of the race1 will gain the max points in a event and race 1 will start depending on the qualy before and race2 start depending on the finish in race1 .....of course the top3 will move away and let everyone pass and then leave the race
As you can see.....if you finish 4th in race1 you have 7pts and will start on pole in race2 and if he win will have another 7pts ...that make him 1pt less than the 3th in race1
And the gap is very close that way if you make a mistake or didnt do well in one event ...that may make you lose the championship

Last edited:
I was convinced you were going to choose the Megane for Mount Panorama, but you surprised me and chose my favourite, the Huracan! 👍

with the megane was too easy ..... :D
apart from the jokes, I wanted to try cars that I rarely drive to see how I find myself.

yesterday's room was not set correctly.
Speaking of power and weight, if in the specifications of the room cues no BoP and no Tuning, in the car the two sliders at the top below the circles remain available, which you have to scroll to the values corresponding to the BoP, taking them from the link posted by Kilesa.
In the case of my 4C power 102 weight 109

Aye, many thanks to oldphart for hosting yesterday. Nice one mate.

I didn't know you were in the room Bonester although I was having difficultys hearing some folks. I have quite severe hearing loss due to 30+ years of playing in loud bands. Kept hearing my own voice delayed and coming through somebodys speakers, man I hate my own voice. :lol:

If you're referring to me, I wasn't in the party.
I only used my headset sometimes, which works poorly.
But, even if it works well, I should focus on a conversation between friends and understand something.
Who knows where would end my car, when I distract from driving half second flight off track

If you're referring to me, I wasn't in the party.
I only used my headset sometimes, which works poorly.
But, even if it works well, I should focus on a conversation between friends and understand something.
Who knows where would end my car, when I distract from driving half second flight off track

Oh no mate, not referring to anyone. Your own voice coming back at you a second later is an old problem I first found years ago. Makes me have to pause until I shut up then continue my sentence. Folks must be wondering why I keep putting pauses in weird places.

That drives me mad hearing people doing that.:lol:

Tried changing the output to chat only (assuming you're using a headset) so you only hear audio played through your TV? It should get rid of the echo.

As for Sunday, I didn't think it was on so spent the day with the grandkids.:rolleyes:

If I'm honest, I've lost all motivation with GTS at the moment so taking some time off. I'll see if absence makes the heart grow fonder but I'm doubting it'll happen for a while.

Aye, many thanks to oldphart for hosting yesterday. Nice one mate.

I didn't know you were in the room Bonester although I was having difficultys hearing some folks. I have quite severe hearing loss due to 30+ years of playing in loud bands. Kept hearing my own voice delayed and coming through somebodys speakers, man I hate my own voice. :lol:
That's strange, didn't see you were in the room - perhaps you were a ghosted entrant! Like you, I have severe hearing loss (too much F1 in my case!), and cannot use a headset with my hearing aids. Like @Nonno Calvy I think I would find the chat too distracting anyway.

That's strange, didn't see you were in the room - perhaps you were a ghosted entrant! Like you, I have severe hearing loss (too much F1 in my case!), and cannot use a headset with my hearing aids. Like @Nonno Calvy I think I would find the chat too distracting anyway.

Sounds like the internet has been playing silly buggers with us.

I never use my hearing aids with my headphones. Did one night by mistake, never again. Was like being at a Motorhead gig with yer head in the bass bins, ouch.

Too much F1? Did you work for a team?

That drives me mad hearing people doing that.:lol:

Tried changing the output to chat only (assuming you're using a headset) so you only hear audio played through your TV? It should get rid of the echo.

As for Sunday, I didn't think it was on so spent the day with the grandkids.:rolleyes:

If I'm honest, I've lost all motivation with GTS at the moment so taking some time off. I'll see if absence makes the heart grow fonder but I'm doubting it'll happen for a while.

I'm sorry you lost your motivation, maybe we interfered too much in your idea of a championship.
The idea is yours and I think it's just you who write the rules. We can do many championships with different rules, but the important thing is to start with the first.
Your rules were very simple to implement, no BoP, no Tuning, no gasoline consumption, yes to the consumption tires, yes to the ballast according to the order of arrival. Adjust the ballast is very simple, you exit the race as to change cars, you go on tuning and you change a number. Maximum 30 seconds of time.
The starting grid could be just as simple: it is enough that in the second race the first lap of alignment is done during which everyone is positioned according to the order of arrival of the previous race and at the end of the lap we start for the race.
I would like you to reconsider and that try to make this championship exiles with your rules.

Last edited:
Sounds like the internet has been playing silly buggers with us.

I never use my hearing aids with my headphones. Did one night by mistake, never again. Was like being at a Motorhead gig with yer head in the bass bins, ouch.

Too much F1? Did you work for a team?
No, but I lived 14 miles from Silverstone, and went to every British GP for 50 years, plus plenty of other motorsport events. I live a bit further away now, can't afford GP prices on my pension, but get my F1 fix at the Silverstone Classic every July (with ear defenders now of course!). I'm seeing F1 cars racing there that I saw first time round, before they became classic cars :lol:

Back