Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
You can either win the Horizon Edition one with wheelspins or win the regular one by doing enough streetraces and head-to-heads to unlock the midnight races where it's one of 4 prize cars (I think it's the 2nd one, first one is the FD3S RX7, the others are the Buick GNX and the Murcielago LP640)

Actually, if I remember correctly the M3 was first, then the GNX, RX7 and the last one was LP640. However, it's true that you need to win X amount of street races to challenges these racers for their pink slips.

You're probably right, I think I got hold of these cars the day the game came out way back in September, so I really don't remember...

They also half fixed the S2000 gauge cluster, the numbers are now inside the digital speedometer but the rpm is still about 1k off.

How is the 1997 BMW M3 obtained? I just realized I've never seen it in the Autoshow.

1. Keep winning Head-to-Head races to unlock Street Races.
  2. Keep winning Street Races to unlock Midnight Battles.
  3. Win a Midnight Battle to unlock a specific car.

I can't help but feel that there are even less enjoyable roads in this game than the first game (I didn't play the second).

There is not a single paved mountain road in FH3. There are only a few genuinely curvy roads, and they are all in just one area. Almost all of the map is wide open highways. I'm actually quite astonished at the lack of road diversity considering the world itself is so varied and beautiful. I still quite enjoy the game, but this has definitely bothered me.

Also it seems like daylight lasts about 30-45 mins and night lasts less than 5 minutes during "free mode." To drive at night for any length of time I have to make blue prints specifically for it.

Also, there are waaaaay too many reckless drivatars everywhere.

If anyone has any remedies for at least the last two points, please let me know.

Hi all.

I have a few Barn Finds that I'd like to get rid of, and I can't simply remove them from my garage as the game doesn't give me that option.

Would anyone be interested in picking them up?

If so let me know and I'll put them up in-game with minimum buyout values.

View attachment 626306 View attachment 626308 View attachment 626310 View attachment 626311 View attachment 626312
These are up again in case anyone's interested. Auctions expire 3 hours from now.

The Dino's already gone.

Had this game for about a week now, I'm enjoying it but I'm having trouble building competitive cars. Offroad cars are easy, but whenever I try and build a car designed for racing on tarmac I always end up lacking in either power, grip, or both. What upgrades should I pick first (or never pick at all) to make sure I get the most out of the PI it costs, and how should I tune my cars once I'm done upgrading them? I've found that every time I pick the racing transmission it's always way too long, I don't know if there are any other default tuning settings that need to be adjusted immediately.

Had this game for about a week now, I'm enjoying it but I'm having trouble building competitive cars. Offroad cars are easy, but whenever I try and build a car designed for racing on tarmac I always end up lacking in either power, grip, or both. What upgrades should I pick first (or never pick at all) to make sure I get the most out of the PI it costs, and how should I tune my cars once I'm done upgrading them? I've found that every time I pick the racing transmission it's always way too long, I don't know if there are any other default tuning settings that need to be adjusted immediately.
I'd say go with street or sport tires and skip the weight redux.

Tried investing on a Race Diff and also Roll Cage. Adds some weight to your car but helps keep you stable around corners.

The v60 estate is amazing on blizzard mountain. I dont think i ever had so much fun with a car, the sound echo in the mountain is chilling.

Um. I found a 599 xx.
IMG_5349.JPG

Are there other ones like this roaming around?

Noticed a weird modelling detail / error with the recently added Corsa VXR. The brake caliper on the passenger side has the VXR logo (as it should)...

vxr.jpeg

...but the driver's side has an OPC logo.

opc.jpeg

Obviously the OPC caliper would only be on the Opel variant, so perhaps they've modelled both and got the two textures mixed up? I suspect the Opel would appear in Forza 7 if it existed, but it would be completely superfluous as it would probably only be there to bolster Opel's car list.

Only other idea I have is that the Corsa they modelled is a pre-production model, which only has VXR calipers on one side for some reason (press photoshoots?). I don't know, either way it's a weird little addition.

It could even be that Version 1 of the model used one brand of brake caliper, and when they went to change it for Version 2 (licensing reasons presumably) they forgot to replace on of the wheels.

I have a question about the [GTP] Club. It's got 1000 members in it. I presume there's no way for me to get in?

So...is it just me, or is the International Scout a bit broken for A class? Currently dominating an Online Adventure with mine.

Jeep CJ5 is like that too, if you can deal with the erratic "I wanna be on my roof!" attitude the car has.
I haven't tried the Scout on any Rivals events yet, but I've already been getting Top 50s in the Ford Bronco in that class. If the Scout is multiple seconds faster I'll keep it, otherwise it'll get auctioned off later.

I haven't tried the Scout on any Rivals events yet, but I've already been getting Top 50s in the Ford Bronco in that class. If the Scout is multiple seconds faster I'll keep it, otherwise it'll get auctioned off later.
Scout is indeed fast. It's a bit clumsy on acceleration compared to the CJ5 (8.4 vs 9.7) but is much more stable.

It just seems like the older SUVs are dominant in A class. For example I can pump 700+HP in a Jeep Wagoneer with a 6.2L V8 and rally tires, and it'll stay in A class. Heck, even the Willy's can be good in A class.

It just seems like the older SUVs are dominant in A class. For example I can pump 700+HP in a Jeep Wagoneer with a 6.2L V8 and rally tires, and it'll stay in A class. Heck, even the Willy's can be good in A class.

It may just be for off-road events though, but I can confirm that the Wagoneer is absurdly good in A class. I'll have to try out some of the other old SUVs next time I get on.

Have PG finally started giving out the Forza Racing Championship prize cars? Just got gifted a Ford GT HE, F-Type HE and Warthog just now.

EDIT: Came out of an Online Adventure just now and got gifted an S14 and a #17 FG Falcon too.

Last edited:
The ForzaRC cars have indeed been delivered. Had 8 waiting in my inbox. As always, remember the Aston custom livery won't show up unless you get in the car and view or drive it.

Back