Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Is it just me that sees the similarities?
Top-5-Luxury-Destinations-for-New-Years-Eve-5.jpg

Yeah the building in the background looks like that (the Burj Al Arab) so I think if it was real it'd be an original Dubai track (like Rio/Prague) but who knows.

Also it seems like T10 are hoping around the world with every custom city track in Motorsport games being featured in a different continent, so this would follow the route of being in a new continent for a new game.

Does anybody have a list of all 19 barn finds? The game is saying that I have 18 of the 19 found. But I have no idea which one is missing. Nothing is showing up on the map. I do have the International Scout.

Also, why did the progress page say that I have 0/17 drift zones complete. I've done all but three

Ken
Does anybody have a list of all 19 barn finds? The game is saying that I have 18 of the 19 found. But I have no idea which one is missing. Nothing is showing up on the map. I do have the International Scout.

There is one as part of a Forzathon event in April, they updated the game to reflect it a bit early.

One thing I would like to see in FH4, well actually two things, but they are related:

1: More classic stock pickup trucks. The only ones are the F100 and the Holden ute. The rest of the classic offroading contingent is SUV's, and the rest of the trucks are all modern as hell. Like, gimmie a C-10 or an old Ramcharger, just something with a bed that's old.

2: The ability to cater a car towards a specific sort of style. The best way to explain is that it's like The Crew where I can build a R34 into a circuit car, raid, etc. While maybe not as open ended as that, I would like it to bleed into more options for customization. If I want to build a F100 trophy truck that isn't the Abatti, give me the options to do so.

More classic stock pickup trucks. The only ones are the F100 and the Holden ute. The rest of the classic offroading contingent is SUV's, and the rest of the trucks are all modern as hell. Like, gimmie a C-10 or an old Ramcharger, just something with a bed that's old.

I could definitely go for this. Not just the big three of Ford, Chevy/GMC and Dodge, but give us a Jeep Gladiator or J10, any of the International A/B/C/D-Series, Studebaker E-Series or Champ, and the Hudson Big Boy.

I'd still like to know how/why the photo exists.
It could be from anything really; some obscure racing game we don't know about, a mod for Grand Theft Auto V, a stock photo edited to appear like it's from a game, somebody's experiment in Unreal Engine etc.

The head of Turn 10 has said that he'd never approve a logo designed like that*, which is a subtle way of saying that the whole thing is fake.

*In my line of work, whenever a new asset is created, it is submitted to the higher-ups for official approval. I'd imagine the process is similar at Turn 10/Microsoft.

It could be from anything really; some obscure racing game we don't know about, a mod for Grand Theft Auto V, a stock photo edited to appear like it's from a game, somebody's experiment in Unreal Engine etc.

The head of Turn 10 has said that he'd never approve a logo designed like that*, which is a subtle way of saying that the whole thing is fake.

*In my line of work, whenever a new asset is created, it is submitted to the higher-ups for official approval. I'd imagine the process is similar at Turn 10/Microsoft.

Of course, we could look at his comment as a subtle nod that everything else in the image is legit, and the logo was just a WIP that never got approved (but was somehow still snapped)...

;)

Of course, we could look at his comment as a subtle nod that everything else in the image is legit, and the logo was just a WIP that never got approved (but was somehow still snapped)...

;)

My thought earlier is it's a really poor logo for the production Scorpio and they're calling the console X.

;)
A WIP shouldn't get out to partners in most cases, but I guess we'll find out at E3 ;)

So rather than thinking about it as a competitive set, we really started to think about where we wanted this to be in four or five years, and what steps do we take creatively to come up with new features like Rewind, Green Line, ForzaVista, Forzathon, Blueprint... there's great technology coming in both games.

What is/was "Green Line"? I doubt it's the Racing Line Assist as that has been in the series since around Forza Motorsport 2 (Rewind was introduced in Forza Motorsport 3).

Perhaps it's the GPS feature used in Forza Horizon games as that automatically calculates the shortest road route between your current location and wherever you put the waypoint marker on a map.

Hartman adds: "We are always releasing - whether it is a car pack, or a Forza Racing Championship event, or a Forzathon event, or an expansion. We - both teams - are actively engaged with working with the community and releasing all the time.

Content-wise, can't deny that. #Forzathon is Forza Horizon 3's best long-term feature.

Would be nice to have some more two-way communication however. Over the past year or two it feels like Turn 10 only comment on their forums when they have something to say, and not often when they want to listen.

It maybe tough occasionally for small titles to get attention, but as part of being first party and part of the Xbox platform, I welcome them in. I want them. I love the Assetto Corsa team, I love what they're doing and the perspective they are bringing in and I'm excited for what they do next.

Hopefully this means that 1 or 2 things that Assetto Corsa does well may once day find their way into a Forza Motorsport title. Lately it feels like Motorsport has also been "dumbed down" to hit the mass-market. Horizon's got that area cornered, so I hope that Motorsport can get back to focusing on competitive play, with features to match.

Personal opinion: A game with Forza Motorsport's car/track roster and community tools + GT Sport's multiplayer environment would be the "perfect racing game" for me. Forza Motorsport 4 came very close, but that was 6 years ago...

I'm just catching up on this thread. @RandomCarGuy17 Going back to the creation of Livery Editor/decal logos and the excellent ones created by @PJTierney.

There is another option in Forza6/FH3 of using search options to find your favourite cars/creator and chances are they have quite a few 'Free share' decals/logos to download to your own designs. More often than not they share most of their work and some have pages of excellent logos to choose from and download. This helped me start off and I found some excellent GT and Rally ones. 👍

Did a 4 lap Goliath run earlier. Only got (with perks and credit bonus Ford GT HE) around 720k.

I don't even bother with money in this game, tbh. Most of the time my cars are stock, and if you need a car, you have a good chance on getting it via wheelspins. If I make money, I get it via VIP Wheelspins and selling HE cars at the Auction House.

I'm just catching up on this thread. @RandomCarGuy17 Going back to the creation of Livery Editor/decal logos and the excellent ones created by @PJTierney.

There is another option in Forza6/FH3 of using search options to find your favourite cars/creator and chances are they have quite a few 'Free share' decals/logos to download to your own designs. More often than not they share most of their work and some have pages of excellent logos to choose from and download. This helped me start off and I found some excellent GT and Rally ones. 👍
Is that so, so I could search and find a "free share" logo/decal. If that's truly the case, then it makes things more convenient for me. Thanks, I'll try that.

The guide I posted recently should be of use to you if you want to make your own.

Also, I've about 150 logos up in my Storefront on Forza Horizon 3, go ahead and trace them if you like :)

Back