Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
About additional sound bugs (the AMC Pacer was specifically asked about here)
I *really* hope they fix the R34 and 2017 Raptor. Those are fixable with a 10 second text edit. I can fix it myself in the debug version but obviously there's nothing we can do to the official or console versions.

Looks like the back of the CGT has been fixed and doesn't look awful anymore and is it me or does the car have a blow off sound when shifting? its kinda cool like the intakes let air out.

I know there are more significant fixes that need doing regarding sound, but one thing I'd like them to fix is the sound of both R8s and the Huracan.

They all 3 use the same generic V10 sound file, even though the correct specific sound files from FM6 are in the game and are used by the AI.

Well the new one uses the same v10 as the huracan so it should sound the same.

They do, but there is a much better FM6 audio file in the game for both of them rather than the generic one they use now. I'd like them to fix it by making them use the FM6 one.

They used to be on top of stuff like that. Combined with the mistake of the massive leak, makes you hope everything is OK behind the scenes.

I just realised something, there are a few more interesting cars mentioned in one of the files than what was leaked previously. There are tons of leftovers from FH2 and FM6 (such as LMP cars' audio references and stuff like the Team Forza DB9/RS7), but there are some entirely new cars mentioned it seems.

Take these all with a grain of salt, because their lack of presence could mean anything (licencing issues, leftovers, anything), and doesn't necessarily mean they're coming, but:

TOY_Sports800_65
PEU_405T16_88
MG_MG3_13
CIT_2CV_70
BUG_Type57S_37

EDIT: The MR2s I had in the list were in FM4, removed them.

Has anyone checked their Forza Hub rewards? Mine went from an average of 100k during a Forzathon weekend. To...3+ million this weekend. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, must have been some glitch with Forza Hub. In game just gave me 100k.

They used to be on top of stuff like that. Combined with the mistake of the massive leak, makes you hope everything is OK behind the scenes.

If anything else, it certainly shows that Playground is at least getting quite sloppy on the back end.

Has anyone checked their Forza Hub rewards? Mine went from an average of 100k during a Forzathon weekend. To...3+ million this weekend. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, must have been some glitch with Forza Hub. In game just gave me 100k.

Just had the same issue as you. Got told I was receiving 1,025,000cr in Horizon 3 (4,805,000 overall), and received the normal 100k as always.

I have that happen just about every time for me, it says rewarded 2.5m credits for horizon 3 and then just the normal 100k.

Just ran into the issue that is no more room for designs to store. :rolleyes:

The issue I have with it is that there's more cars in the game than there is room for designs so a good number of cars won't get a good design on them and I always keep it to one design per car and delete any unused designs.

And yes I'm one of those collect them all types so this issue sticks out for me. :P

I understand if there was issues with memory that can't be solved and therefore theses limits being in place, but you should make it so that there's enough room for all cars to get a design on them, plus 10-15% more on top of the car total as a cover for DLC cars etc.

Or let us go nuts on getting as many designs as we want, but inform us that we do that at our own risk regarding memory.

Basically the Cliff Notes version of all that is, Better to have excess space and not need it than to need it and not have the space. :)

I know there are more significant fixes that need doing regarding sound, but one thing I'd like them to fix is the sound of both R8s and the Huracan.

They all 3 use the same generic V10 sound file, even though the correct specific sound files from FM6 are in the game and are used by the AI.

THIS!

This irks me like crazy as you said - every AI car sounds right but we don't hear them correctly. It's the Huracan and R8s, all the modern-day V12 Lambos (minus the Reventon and Murceilago), the R34, Silvia, M4, Supra etc.

Why do they ALL sound like their FM6 counterparts when they go past you, but when you drive them, it's a generic sound? It is for this reason I didn't get the Porsche pack or HW. Only got BM and Car Pass because they were being offered on sale recently at $5 each if I remember correctly.

Such poor quality - it makes me think if T10 had any say at all in Horizon 3's development apart from sharing a few assets. BTW, this was the first Forza game I had ever pre-ordered. I'll wait next time for reviews and impressions before jumping the gun! And I really despise that generic V8 engine swap sound. Sounds exactly the same in every car.. even the ZL1 shares that same sound. Makes me a bit angry.. makes me wanna shove a FM6 disc down PG's creative director throat and tell him to digest that in order to get the sounds right!! Not too thrilled about investing in a Horizon game again.

Sorry folks, just had to get this out of my system.

Well, it sounds great, but it's entirely wrong. The audio it uses is shared with the BMW M4 and 1997 Supra. None of these cars sound alike in real life. To add insult to injury, apparently the audio they use was recorded from an R33, AND the correct sounds for the Supra and R34 are included with the game but ignored.

It's a mess, I know. The DLC Skyline (the rear-wheel drive one) has the exact same sound as the R34 from FM6. You will also notice virtually no difference in engine/exhaust audio between the C63 Black Series, SLS AMG and Alfa Romeo Competizione. None of these cars sounded alike in FM6 or 5 for that matter, or even Horizon 2.

I'm pretty sure they outsourced car sounds to somewhere in a developing country, just like those Mass Effect guys did with the facial animations!

Last edited:
Back