Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
The ability to set up custom events by placing your own checkpoints.
I gotta admit I didn't seriously expect this feature to materialise in any way, shape or form so kudos to Playground (not PGR Kudos unfortunately).

I also like how they took into account all those people who hated the characters from the previous games like Darius and Alice/Ben. Now your friends list can be Dariuses and you are Ben.

I can't wait to run my own festival so I can inflict my love of twenties oompah jazz and Lithuanian noseflute music on the world.

Last edited:
So... With the whole thing about Assetto Corsa getting Porsche, do you think we'll see some Porsche cars in Horizon 3 at launch? I don't know, but here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

So... With the whole thing about Assetto Corsa getting Porsche, do you think we'll see some Porsche cars in Horizon 3 at launch? I don't know, but here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

I'm sure we'll see Porsche at some point. Maybe not in the vanilla game, but maybe in a future car pack, just like what's happening in AC. There's probably still strings attached with the EA license, but now maybe with slightly more loose terms.

It certainly looks like Kunos isn't limited in what cars they can have, either. 917, 935, Cayman GT4, 991.1 GT3 RS, and even the brand-new turbo Carrera S were all spotted.

I hope T10 realize this means some of us aren't going to pay for largely re-heated Porsche packs yet again. The FM6 pack was cool in terms of the career added, and the voiceovers, but the vast majority of the models are the same ones we've had for a while now. It's time to dig deep, Porsche has an incredible history available.

It certainly looks like Kunos isn't limited in what cars they can have, either. 917, 935, Cayman GT4, 991.1 GT3 RS, and even the brand-new turbo Carrera S were all spotted.

I hope T10 realize this means some of us aren't going to pay for largely re-heated Porsche packs yet again. The FM6 pack was cool in terms of the career added, and the voiceovers, but the vast majority of the models are the same ones we've had for a while now. It's time to dig deep, Porsche has an incredible history available.
If they do it again I won't be buying it.

If they do it again I won't be buying it.

Me neither. Even considering FH3 is (mostly) road-cars or off-roaders, so some of Porsche's iconic race cars are out, we're missing a huge chunk of modern cars, as well as stand-outs from the past.

I've paid for all three Porsche packs so far – almost didn't with FM6, but it was VIR that convinced me – but I won't be doing it again if it's 90% the same as it's been since 2011.

Me neither. Even considering FH3 is (mostly) road-cars or off-roaders, so some of Porsche's iconic race cars are out, we're missing a huge chunk of modern cars, as well as stand-outs from the past.

I've paid for all three Porsche packs so far – almost didn't with FM6, but it was VIR that convinced me – but I won't be doing it again if it's 90% the same as it's been since 2011.
I'd even be reluctant if it had a fair amount of new Porsches. If they're going to keep removing Porsche every game just to resell it to you then I'm out.

I'd even be reluctant if it had a fair amount of new Porsches. If they're going to keep removing Porsche every game just to resell it to you then I'm out.

For all we know, maybe that's how the EA contract has changed. Maybe Porsche has to be paid-for DLC for other titles.

I really wish Porsche themselves would just clear things up for the entire gaming community. :lol:

For all we know, maybe that's how the EA contract has changed. Maybe Porsche has to be paid-for DLC for other titles.

I really wish Porsche themselves would just clear things up for the entire gaming community. :lol:
Happily this will be solved by August with or without porsche's help, console AC will spill the beans.

Yeah I wish they would clear things up. I think you're spot on with you're assessment. Here's my quick take.

From the way BADNED describes it, EA is the sole owner of the digital Porsche license for video games (link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198048081&highlight=#post198048081). Regardless of whether that license has an end date or not, as of right now, it's theirs.

So essentially they are free to do with it whatever they please. If they weren't then you wouldn't see Porsche only being premium DLC for every other racing game.

With AC getting Porsche's as DLC it's become pretty clear to me what EA's strategy is. They're trying to make a competitive advantage in the market by saying 'If you want Porsche's, you play EA racing games (real racing, NFS No limits, NFS 2015 and beyond) or you pay a premium for them in other games (FH2/F6/AC DLC).

Of course this leaves Turn 10 in a tricky spot. They're sitting on a bunch of in-game assets they can't use unless they pay a big fee to EA and hope that it sells well enough to make the money back (and then some) and actually be worth there time. T10 is a business, remember. Then of course comes the problem that they can only do this so much. A consumer can only take so much of stripping away the same Porsches and re-selling them again. New Porsches would be great, but think of the opportunity cost of doing that.

If they spend a lot of time modelling new Porsches for an expansion that only might sell to expectations, there's a certain element of risk to that especially with Porsche being DLC in the last two games and consumers being less willing and willing to pay for them (that is speculation, we'll see if that really is the case) - which will be a net loss for Turn 10. Instead there modelers, artists and outsourcers could be spending there time modeling other cars, body kits that wouldn't carry as much of an element of risk to them. The return on that work would be lower for Porsche than that of other models. The only way I see Porsche really doing well again is if
  • They really improve in terms of new Porsche models - 928, 968, 911 GT2, Rauh-Welt widebodies etc.
  • Bundle Porsche with a new map expansion (Tasmania, New Zealand etc)
Otherwise I think Porsche will be a no-buy for me and probably a lot of other people around here. It'll be interesting to see if the market as a whole is still okay with paying a premium for them, for the third game in a row.

Last edited:
Mine too, remind it me of MotorStorm and seems like the kind of game I'd prefer to play with a controller rather than with the wheel. The wheel seems like too much work at times, you just really want to sit back and relax with these kinds of games.

On that note, I'd really like to have an Xbox One version of the Wireless Speedwheel. I had so much fun with it on the 360.

Also, I thought I'd create a list of all the official Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk kits that are on models in the Forza franchise or close enough (i.e LB has a slightly older Dodge Challenger kit, Forza has the new Challenger Hellcat). Could be an idea of some of the kits we could be seeing in FH3.

Rocket Bunny
  1. Nissan/Datsun 240Z (Pandem)
  2. Lexus RC-F
  3. Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ Version 1
  4. Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ Version 2
  5. Nissan GT-R (R35)
  6. Nissan 350Z (Z33)
  7. Nissan Silvia S15
  8. Nissan Silvia S13
  9. Nissan 240SX (S13 Hatch)
  10. Honda/Acura NSX ('92)
  11. Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) ('97)
  12. Mazda MX-5 Miata ('94)
  13. Mazda MX-5 Miata (ND) ('16)
  14. BMW M3 (E46) ('05)
  15. BMW M3 (E36) ('97) - Already Confirmed!
Liberty Walk
  1. BMW M4 Coupe - Already confirmed
  2. Nissan GT-R (R35) - Already Confirmed
  3. Lamborghini Aventador
  4. Lamborghini Huracan
  5. Lamborghini Gallardo
  6. Lamborghini Murcielago Type II
  7. Lamborghini Murcielago Type I
  8. Ferrari 458 Italia
  9. Maserati Granturismo
  10. Audi S5/RS5
  11. Audi R8
  12. Mini Cooper
  13. BMW M3 E92
  14. Dodge Challenger
  15. Infiniti IPL/G37
  16. Chrysler 300C

Also, I thought I'd create a list of all the official Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk kits that are on models in the Forza franchise or close enough (i.e LB has a slightly older Dodge Challenger kit, Forza has the new Challenger Hellcat). Could be an idea of some of the kits we could be seeing in FH3.

Rocket Bunny
  1. Nissan/Datsun 240Z (Pandem)
  2. Lexus RC-F
  3. Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ Version 1
  4. Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ Version 2
  5. Nissan GT-R (R35)
  6. Nissan 350Z (Z33)
  7. Nissan Silvia S15
  8. Nissan Silvia S13
  9. Nissan 240SX (S13 Hatch)
  10. Honda/Acura NSX ('92)
  11. Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) ('97)
  12. Mazda MX-5 Miata ('94)
  13. Mazda MX-5 Miata (ND) ('16)
  14. BMW M3 (E46) ('05)
  15. BMW M3 (E36) ('97) - Already Confirmed!
Liberty Walk
  1. BMW M4 Coupe - Already confirmed
  2. Nissan GT-R (R35) - Already Confirmed
  3. Lamborghini Aventador
  4. Lamborghini Huracan
  5. Lamborghini Gallardo
  6. Lamborghini Murcielago Type II
  7. Lamborghini Murcielago Type I
  8. Ferrari 458 Italia
  9. Maserati Granturismo
  10. Audi S5/RS5
  11. Audi R8
  12. Mini Cooper
  13. BMW M3 E92
  14. Dodge Challenger
  15. Infiniti IPL/G37
  16. Chrysler 300C
Funny that there is an S13 and an S15 but no S14 :lol:

Just imagine the epic amount of whining if it doesn't get added - again. Am I the only one who's somewhat inclined to believe that PG/T10 are, at this point, not adding the S14 just to keep the meme around.

I don't care if the S14 never gets added because IMO compared to the S13 and S15, it just looks bland. There are other cars I'd rather have in Forza first. But it's still a cheap RWD Japanese car, which automatically makes it popular.

Add 180 SX it's better than 240
tumblr_lvpdqqtu4B1qb815co1_500.jpg

Last edited:
And by the looks of it, Rocket Bunny's in on the act too. :D

To clarify. There is a S14 Rocketbunny kit, I just didn't put it on there cause the S14 hasn't been on the XB1 Forza's yet. With it's almost meme status now in the Forza Community (even the devs laugh about it) it'll be interesting to see if it actually comes back for FH3.

Boom! There we go. Ordered it off of XBL Marketplace.
upload_2016-6-18_18-29-0.png

Although, I thought it was $99.99? Why is it listed at $79.99?

Back