Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Don't think I saw this anywhere but are there no more invisible barriers in this one or are there ones for high mountains?

Not having played FM5/6 or FH2...

YOU CAN DO THAT?!
Yeah, in Horizon the 4-rotor was available in much more vehicles compared to the FM series for some reason. It was almost undriveable in the lower gears :lol:

Found a picture!
15437854392_419389fbb0_b.jpg

Not having played FM5/6 or FH2...

YOU CAN DO THAT?!

In the Xbox One Forza games, engine swaps have generic names (V8, V12, Rally Turbo, etc.) instead of displaying specifically which car that engine came from, like before.

That opened up more options for swaps since car manufacturers in the game can't say that you're putting an engine from another manufacturer into their cars.

Another racing game on the PS2, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, did the same thing.

Drivetrain swaps are available on virtually every car now as well.

Last edited:
In the Xbox One Forza games, engine swaps have generic names (V8, V12, Rally Turbo, etc.) instead of displaying specifically which car that engine came from, like before.

That opened up more options for swaps since car manufacturers in the game can't say that you're putting an engine from another manufacturer into their cars. Drivetrain swaps are available on virtually every car now as well.
What I'm finding odd, is that you can put a 5.7L V8 into almost everything, but certain motors are restricted in comparison. I would love to put a 4 rotor into all kinds of things :lol:

Don't think I saw this anywhere but are there no more invisible barriers in this one or are there ones for high mountains?
The game is twice the size of the last one but has three times the playable area according to the report I heard. I think this means there still will be barriers, just less of them.

Last edited:
The game is twice the size of the last one but has three times the playable area according to the report I heard. I think this means there sill will be barriers, just less of them.
Less barriers is not what was needed in the change from H2 to H3 :lol: I for one would welcome some more barriers on a good amount of roads. Makes it feel more like you're following a coarse, rather than turning every car into a rally car. I'm not saying restrict the offroad element per se, but give us more twisty, winding roads that you actually would have to drive through.

@SlipZtrEm!

On second thought, it might be a little too cringey. There's commentary over the gameplay (I hate that), and there's a hashtag.

I want to kill myself. :lol:

Less barriers is not what was needed in the change from H2 to H3 :lol: I for one would welcome some more barriers on a good amount of roads. Makes it feel more like you're following a coarse, rather than turning every car into a rally car. I'm not saying restrict the offroad element per se, but give us more twisty, winding roads that you actually would have to drive through.
Visible road side barriers are fine but it's the invisible barriers I could do without, personally speaking. Let's have a little more of the "if you see it, you can drive to it" philosophy.

Visible road side barriers are fine but it's the invisible barriers I could do without, personally speaking. Let's have a little more of the "if you see it, you can drive to it" philosophy.
Makes sense. Although, they'd have to stop somewhere, otherwise they'd never finish the game! :lol:

Speaking of rotary swaps, would love to see a 3 rotor engine swap come available. Heck, why not throw in a whole 20B Cosmo too?
Speaking of rotary swaps, would love to see a 3 rotor engine swap come available. Heck, why not throw in a whole 20B Cosmo too?

It's unreliable. Oh wait. This game doesn't have that problem. Whatever the engine, Volvo should stay a sleeper

Back