Release date ;)

• Thread starter MrAdam89
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
PD really need to show SOMETHING new.
Alot of fan are getting really disheartened with them right now.

You would think the major announcement and trailer of PC2
would cause Sony to call Kaz.

"Come on Kaz, you have to give them something"

I was really looking forward to it till i found that out no dynamic weather/time is a joke considering p cars 1/2 has good weather effects

How funny to see this, GTS is gonna be best selling sim of generation, there was 8 (!) Forza games in last years and none of them got sales even near to GT6
Because we all know sales mean everything!

images

Sales 40,000,000

images

Sales 375

I know which one I'd choose ;)

Because we all know sales mean everything!

images

Sales 40,000,000

images

Sales 375

I know which one I'd choose ;)

The affordable one with reasonable upkeep costs, good depreciation, decent kilometers per litre and revision costs that will get you from A to B in your daily commute at likely the same time? And of course, seats for the whole family?

Sensible choice. :embarrassed:

Which one would you rather be making and selling though?:sly:

It would still be the P1 all the way. As an engineer I'd much rather develop and work on something truly special than something run of the mill. Yes, it wouldn't make me as much but it would still make me enough.

The affordable one with reasonable upkeep costs, good depreciation, decent kilometers per litre and revision costs that will get you from A to B in your daily commute at likely the same time? And of course, seats for the whole family?

Sensible choice. :embarrassed:

I'd never base my game buying choice on anything equivalent to your list ;)

It would still be the P1 all the way. As an engineer I'd much rather develop and work on something truly special than something run of the mill. Yes, it wouldn't make me as much but it would still make me enough.
;)
If you were making the first one you'd have enough money to design and produce as many P1's as you wanted. And R1's and K1s and G1s.....

Online multiplayer is the present and future.

It's really not. Both online and offline experiences will always have their place.

Stuff like Uncharted/The Last of Us will always be popular because it's a great experience.
GTA V was selling tens of millions of copies before online was even active, simply on the single player alone.
The Witcher 3.
XCOM.
Stardew Valley.
Bioshock and friends.
And so on and so on.

There are heaps and heaps of really successful games wholly or largely dedicated to the single player experience. Some tend towards a storytelling angle, others are more about puzzle solving or strategic decision making. But single player will always have a place because it gives the developer more control about what they present to the player and how.

Even in racing games, which seem like a genre that would lean towards multiplayer due to the competitive nature, I think there's a lot of room for good single player games. The zero-to-hero game style appeals to a lot of people, as does the Pokemon style collect-'em-up. Both can arguably be done better as a single player game.

Then there's the people who just want to tune, or hot lap, or beat specific challenges. One of the great things about a single player race is that it provides a reasonably consistent challenge to all. Beating Mission 34 in GT4 felt great because it was a non-trivial achievement.

There's more than enough room for single player experiences, even in the racing genre.

XXI
You would think the major announcement and trailer of PC2
would cause Sony to call Kaz.

"Come on Kaz, you have to give them something"

Not really. If both the game release on same month like Nov 2017 then it might affect them or if Pcars2 undercut GTS by a month. But Pcars is not a big franchise yet. It is behind Forza as well. Not too sure about dynamic weather but TOD on all tracks is a big advantage for sure. But honestly watching GTS and Pcars2 trailer back to back. Pcars2 looks underwhelming ( not saying people should just go by looks or music in trailer). E3, gamescom or PGS. People will have better idea which game will be more appealing as both games will be shown. I think both games will be great Ideally most people will buy both sooner or later. IMO GTS is going to have big advantage

Last edited:
It's really not. Both online and offline experiences will always have their place.

There's more than enough room for single player experiences, even in the racing genre.

:odd: Weird, I don't remember saying single player games will cease to exist.

And I even said:

And you'll love this: It's not an either - or situation. You can have an online focused game while you still support its base structure, which allows people that are not really into the online aspect to continue to play.

Exemple: If you like AC, you expect it to be supported with car packs and tracks, not new career modes every 3 months.
An online game will be receiving car packs and tracks just like the non-online game.

But I'll help you.

He said:

GTS is focused on esport online PvP so is being made for a minority.

That's what "Online multiplayer is the present and future. You are in the minority now." Is responding to.
Because what I believe to have illustrated in my post is that the large majority of revenue and active player bases are in online multiplayer games.

If you can argue against that, then I'd be able to respond?

That's what "Online multiplayer is the present and future. You are in the minority now." Is responding to.
Because what I believe to have illustrated in my post is that the large majority of revenue and active player bases are in online multiplayer games.

If you can argue against that, then I'd be able to respond?

OK, I understand the point you're trying to make now.

Is this multiplayer majority true for all genres and sub-genres?

PD really need to show SOMETHING new.
Alot of fan are getting really disheartened with them right now.
Something new... like what?
I mean it will be a driving/racing game, what kind of new stuff do you think they could do? Any example?

Something new... like what?
I mean it will be a driving/racing game, what kind of new stuff do you think they could do? Any example?

Like...news? More of the car list? New tracks?

It's actually kind of sad, y'know? We hardly know anything about GTS. :indiff:

Some say that they do communicate sometimes all we know is that there is no release date yet .

The last time I remember they talking to us was with the Facebook guy, back in March/April. After that, there's nothing more than silence. Now look at the Project Cars 2 thread, that is the communication I'm talking about.
They don't need to announce the release date if the game is not ready yet, I understand. But total silence?

Haha March 31st, all we've seen since copper box is the same content with Brands, the ring and that barren Tokyo highway.

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u8.png

The last time I remember they talking to us was with the Facebook guy, back in March/April. After that, there's nothing more than silence. Now look at the Project Cars 2 thread, that is the communication I'm talking about.
They don't need to announce the release date if the game is not ready yet, I understand. But total silence?
I have to agree.

I don't know who runs gran-turismo.com, be it SIE or PD, but we know of at least 2 things worthy of updating the site and offering official news.
The new VGT and Pikes Peak.
And yet nothing. :(

I am guessing all this is going to be silent until E3.
Then find out that it's only 90% complete with more "things" that are not really needed like more trees on some thing or need more dashboard lights or all the small things that they should already have done.

Either that or this.
GTS will require PS4Pro to run due to the high demands of the game we are deeply sorry for all those who have a PS4 original and a release date for this year is not possible at this time, We will inform you later in August about a new date for 2018.

OK, I understand the point you're trying to make now.

Is this multiplayer majority true for all genres and sub-genres?

Hm. You know the answer since the whole discussion was about the potential for a racing game to become such, so forgive me but I can't help but think this is a silly question with a silly (and erroneous) gotcha attempt.

If it's not true for all genres, then it can't be true for X genre!
- It's not true for all genres.
Then it can't be true for X genre!

But let's list:
  • Fighting
  • FPS
  • TPS
  • Sports
  • Arcade
  • RPG
  • RTS
  • MOBA
  • Sandbox creation/adventure?
  • Card
I couldn't think of a puzzle-only or platformer.

What they have in common? Comprehensive matchmaking and ranking system.
What racing games have lacked so far? Comprehensive matchmaking and ranking system.

With PCARS2, GTS and I'm certain Forza 7 (tentative title) pushing towards that potential untapped market, if done right, it can see this kind of success.

Feels like ages since I played GT Sport in London. I really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it again. Sunk loads of time into GT5, but that seems like a lifetime ago, GT6 didn't really keep me playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back