RIDE

• Thread starter Fryto
  • 1,129 comments
I wasn't having a go, just pointing out it's a clam.
I can see how you'd think it's a helmet though.
I just cropped and zoomed in on that bit, as it is a bit deceptive.

clam.jpg

VXR
I think it's looking really nicely presented. Loving their menus and GUI.
RIDE's GUI reminds slightly of Forza's. Really liking it though. Milestone have been doing a great job in that regard since WRC 4 & MotoGP 13.

Oooo a bike racer. *.* Will love to get this game so I can take a break from cars for a bit, because I gotta experience dem bikes, woop!. Also I really like the look of this game, perfect to play during this spring and summer. ^v^

RIDE has just been delayed by a week - *sigh*. Although we finally got a release date for the demo.
[Release Date Delay and Demo Announcement]
Hi players, there were unofficial rumors around the Release Date. Let's make it official:

- RIDE will be out in stores on March 27th 2015*

- The Demo for the PS4 and the PC version will be released March 18th 2015 on PlayStation Network and Steam. The Xbox One version will be available after a few days.

We've recently decided to postpone the release to refine the final quality of the game and assure players all the best from RIDE experience.

*in some countries the release date may be different
http://ow.ly/i/8YuZH

Ohh, ffs! Can't anyone release a game on time these days?
This generation seems to be all about the delays.

I've also just noticed another thing. No demo for last-gen consoles announced - yet. I guess you were right, @Wolfe.

@MXHyland -- If that's the case, as a fellow Tourist Trophy fan, I think I can take your word for how it feels when you try it yourself. :cheers:
Now that I own a PS4, I'll try my best being as elaborative as possible when it comes to the physics side of things. I'm very interested in Milestone's take on 'Riding Style' and how it affects the bike and physics overall. The tire model is something else I'll be keeping an eye on. The MotoGP games haven't impressed me but this might just do it.

Milestone had it right with SBK2000 and SBK2001. Their physics have been quite mediocre since then. Hopefully this one will be different!
Now that I own a PS4, I'll try my best being as elaborative as possible when it comes to the physics side of things. I'm very interested in Milestone's take on 'Riding Style' and how it affects the bike and physics overall. The tire model is something else I'll be keeping an eye on. The MotoGP games haven't impressed me but this might just do it.
estone

You really need to get yourself a current gen mister ;)
I have a Wii U. Let's not get into whether that "qualifies" as current gen.

If I require anything more for my virtual motoring needs, I think a new gaming PC would be the next investment I would make. ;)

I don't think motogp 14 was too bad but for someone like mileston, sales are even more important than for say EA. Therefore I can forgive them for not going too hardcore on the physics for the sake of getting some sales in a niche market.

Will be interesting to see how Ride manages this.

I don't think motogp 14 was too bad but for someone like mileston, sales are even more important than for say EA. Therefore I can forgive them for not going too hardcore on the physics for the sake of getting some sales in a niche market.

Will be interesting to see how Ride manages this.
For me it doesn't have to be super "hardcore" it just has to feel right. I didn't try GP14, it's the only one I didn't try. I got tired of giving them $60 every time they come out with a piece of junk in hopes that it will be ok. SBK01 and GP08 were decent, everything else they've been involved in doesn't feel right and is really lacking! If they had enough money to procure the motogp and WSBK licenses they should have spent a little on the actual game. People are still talking about and playing Tourist Trophy 10 years and 2 consoles later. Milestone doesn't have anything with that kind of following and there's a reason for that. Hopefully this will be different, but my hopes aren't unrealistic. Probably another $60 down the toilet, oh yeah dlc $70-$80 down the toilet. Hope Ride delivers.

Apparently the Xbox versions are coming a week later than the others. So just over a week wait now until I get it for my birthday on the 15th. Nice one Milestone, you're making my wait shorter and shorter lol.

I definitely see the similarities between Ride's menus and Forza's. It's not just a minor coincidence, it's a blatant "They can do it! And we can do it too!"

Though the customization is looking really good, a lot of it seems to be changing the colour of bits and bobs, but still. That's great!

16714661305_d22ccb64d5_c.jpg

Notice the custom handlebar grips too. I also saw pictures of racing slicks, and other race modifications. It's all here.

This game is looking extremely appealing right now.

16688709386_343e75e75b_c.jpg

Hi guys, just felt like showing my support and excitement for this coming title, it's been a long time since I felt excited to see a bike game like this, the MotoGP series never really ticked the boxes for me. Being a long time fan of Tourist Trophey (and ridings spirits 1& 2), I'm hoping for good things tomorrow... oh yes! the demo should be with us soon.

I see that some have drawn comparison to Forza with menus etc. But for me, it looks very DriveClub-ish!

Looking forward to seeing some of the pics you guys (I'm looking at you @MXHyland ) will come up with, from all the pics on FB it appears to be a cool feature to the game.

Has anyone preordered or are you waiting to see how the demo pans out? I'm of the latter, but expect I'll be getting it regardless just cos!

Hobbsy out, Laters :cheers:

I have yet to preorder but I'm confident that I'll most likely pick it up day one - unless there's something fundamentally wrong with the demo/game.

Also, I'll try not to bombard the thread with pictures.

:D

I'm in a similar place to MXHyland. Haven't pre-ordered yet, mainly because it seems that every game is in the world is getting delayed all the time. I'm not pre-ordering until like, two days before release.

Speaking of which, for whatever reason, NZ stores (well, the one I buy from) are saying that the release is on the 7th of April. I don't know if they're stupid, or just unable to get a shipment in time.

UPDATE !!!!
Was posted yesterday on the RIDE site. (Or am I late for a party that's already over :dopey:, been very busy yesterday)

17th March 2015
The Demo will be available starting from Tomorrow
Download* the Demo from the Official Digital Store: PlayStation Network – PS4™ and Steam

Check the trailer on the official Youtube Channel: http://bit.ly/RIDE_DEMO, leave a comment on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RideGame, and follow the Tweets on @MilestoneItaly

The contents of the demo include:

• Quick Race game mode
  • 1 Country Track (Sierra Nevada)
  • 1 Naked Heavyweight bike
  • 1 Superbike
  • 1 Supersport bike
Plus, some of the customizable elements will be available for the players. Start to discover the infinite potential of RIDE Customization.

Last edited:
Does it come with the Repsol as a paint option? Could mean the AF1 throwback livery Aprillia used in SBK could be available on the RSV...?

image.jpg

Back