Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
Looks like the video uses Brands Hatch with current paddock hill bend gravel trap, rather than the older tarmac run off? Ah well, it's good to see the F3 being included.

I have a feeling that there is still a surprise in the Senna Content. They said the other day that they would represent 4 different eras in his life.
At the moment we have a Kart, F3 and a Lotus F1. So what will represent the 4th era?

I am looking forward to this a lot. Not only are these iconic cars, but we have a F3 car in GT for the first time.

my hopes for the MP4/4 are fading away... it still puzzles me why would they put the McLaren racing suit though.. that's what I'm clinging to

my hopes for the MP4/4 are fading away... it still puzzles me why would they put the McLaren racing suit though.. that's what I'm clinging to

The easiest explanation is the most probable to me: if they asked McLaren : "can we, pretty please, include the MP4/4"? They probably answered, "not possible,...,license bla bla, etc, etc, but you can do the suit, we don't have it licensed exclusivly to another developer". So PD took it and included the suit.

This is just how I think it went of course :)

Kazu were clear from the beginning : This is Senna debut.

he actually said he couldn't confirm not having the rights to Senna's image after 1988 (when he joined McLaren). If so, then how the hell they got the '88 suit? Especially with McLaren International written on it. You'd think they would get away with McLaren licensing if these words were not on the suit, but they are! So what was the point? Why not give us the Lotus suit we all have seen in the opening movie instead? Something is fishy here, I tell ya.

Not to mention that the Ayrton Senna Institute has a great relationship with McLaren. There's a McLaren car inside their main offices (can be seen in the opening movie as well, it is 1990's MP4/5B which he won his second title with). I still won't be surprised if any of his McLarens show up in the game, regardless of the exclusive licensing deal by Simraceway, as it can be seen it's for "charity".

The 19th can't come soon enough.

The easiest explanation is the most probable to me: if they asked McLaren : "can we, pretty please, include the MP4/4"? They probably answered, "not possible,...,license bla bla, etc, etc, but you can do the suit, we don't have it licensed exclusivly to another developer". So PD took it and included the suit.

This is just how I think it went of course :)

your logic is quite sound, but WHY ON EARTH TEASE US WITH SOMETHING WE (SUPPOSEDLY) WON'T HAVE?

Last edited by a moderator:
he actually said he couldn't confirm not having the rights to Senna's image after 1988 (when he joined McLaren). If so, then how the hell they got the '88 suit? Especially with McLaren International written on it. You'd think they would get away with McLaren licensing if these words were not on the suit, but they are! So what was the point? Why not give us the Lotus suit we all have seen in the opening movie instead? Something is fishy here, I tell ya.

Not to mention that the Ayrton Senna Institute has a great relationship with McLaren. There's a McLaren car inside their main offices (can be seen in the opening movie as well, it is 1990's MP4/5B which he won his second title with). I still won't be surprised if any of his McLarens show up in the game, regardless of the exclusive licensing deal by Simraceway, as it can be seen it's for "charity".

The 19th can't come soon enough.
The Jps suit will be available as seen on the removed senna movie at the end a computer generation of senna getting in the Jps lotus

The Jps suit will be available as seen on the removed senna movie at the end a computer generation of senna getting in the Jps lotus

i know, but why not provide it from the beginning instead of the McLaren suit, whose corresponding car we might not get.

If they can't get the McLaren, and if the Toleman won't be included, all that's left is the Williams.

even though I believe the Williams' license is obtainable, I don't think they'd include this car nor Imola. So hopefully we'll get Interlagos GP and Kart tracks..

senna content without the mp4/4 is just missing the heart of the matter

9/16 races

this car is iconic as senna

Yeah, but PD didn't want to hand over enough cash soon enough to have it for GT6, so it's not coming. It really seems pointless, to me anyways, to have a Senna based content update without the MP4.

Well, in the slideshows they jump from the Formula Ford years straight to the Toleman F1, the start of the F1 carreer, soooo... no Formula 3 in the game. It's sad, but at least we know we shouldn't expect it coming.

well, I was wrong, and I'm glad for it. :dopey:

we were never gonna get it anyways :(
@BrandonW77 please forget that I was posting that yesterday but realised what you meant, for some reason it posted today with this..

Back