The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
My Audi wasn't? Maybe this is why the leader had to pit again... hmmm
Yet it was different for the 911 and the Corvette. They didn't fill the Corvette back up even close to what it initially started with and I had to run in fuel map 5 in the last 2 laps, while running in 1 and 2 for the first 5 laps. The 911 got more fuel in the pit. With the 911 I got out with a 5 lap estimate running 1 and 2, with the corvette 3.4 laps... Also the 911 was filled to the white dot, almost full, Corvette not even 70% full. Not sure what was going on. Anyway couldn't test it again as one race the game crashed and the one after was the last of the day.
Weird, the cars and opponents I drove/saw all went from 0-15 to 80-95 :confused:

hmm that explains a lot, I started thinking I didn't have enough fuel for 5 laps in the 991, but when I refueled at lap 5 I had to stop them from putting too much in for the next 5 laps.

I'll just leave it here...

Language warning

Ah the Real Driving Simulator at it's finest.
Did you report Mr stevenrenshaw?

On a side note I still think the Beetle looks ridiculously funny with that massive wing on it.

Yet it was different for the 911 and the Corvette. They didn't fill the Corvette back up even close to what it initially started with and I had to run in fuel map 5 in the last 2 laps, while running in 1 and 2 for the first 5 laps. The 911 got more fuel in the pit. With the 911 I got out with a 5 lap estimate running 1 and 2, with the corvette 3.4 laps... Also the 911 was filled to the white dot, almost full, Corvette not even 70% full. Not sure what was going on. Anyway couldn't test it again as one race the game crashed and the one after was the last of the day.

It was weird, for sure.

I had to adjust fuel maps, too, whichever car I used. I saw someone in an M6, running at the front, go 6 laps before stopping. Meanwhile, lots of people running out on the final stretch.

It was weird, for sure.

I had to adjust fuel maps, too, whichever car I used. I saw someone in an M6, running at the front, go 6 laps before stopping. Meanwhile, lots of people running out on the final stretch.

That is odd, the only person who had an issue in the race I was in, was the leader. I ran fuel map 1 the whole race, and never had to really think about fuel at all

Ah the Real Driving Simulator at it's finest.
Did you report Mr stevenrenshaw?

On a side note I still think the Beetle looks ridiculously funny with that massive wing on it.
What a nightmare, S.R. probably thinks it's his initials.
Surprised he hasn't got a 'Hows My Driving? tel xxx xxx xxx' on the back, using a premium phone number that he earns money from.

My first post within this thread...

One of today's Daily Races was at Brands Hatch in the VGT Copen. Not the quickest car, but since I had a pretty good qualy time, I was consistently getting top 3 starts. I had just tied my Consecutive Clean Race record at 7 in a row, going for number 8 when I get sideswiped right off the track on the last lap of course. I get handed an orange SR, probably for going off track, which destroyed that streak in an instant. :banghead:

All in all, a morning's worth of effort GONE. Thanks to the guy with bump clearly written in his PSN name. THANKS, THANKS ALOT!!!

edit: To his credit, he did say sorry in the post race comments... but that's cold comfort when trying to get the hardest "Achievement" in Sport Mode.

Cheers

Last edited:
It was weird, for sure.

I saw the same thing. People running at pace managing 6 laps, while I was down to 5% after 5 laps running 1 and 2 in the hilly section, others in front of me at almost 25% after 5 laps, while others had to pit twice to make it. Is there such a big difference in fuel efficiency and tank size? And if there is, shouldn't that be accounted for in bop settings. It very much restricts which cars are competitive.

I wish the game was a lot more transparent instead of just HP and weight. Tank size, fuel allowed to take in in pits, fuel efficiency etc all very basic things to know before the race.

Checking the fuel efficiency thread

Porsche 911 RSR
MR 510HP 1243Kg
@1 ~117km; @2 ~135km; @3 ~153km; @4 ~170km; @5 ~188km; @6 ~206km

Chevrolet Corvette C7
FR 551HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~145km; @3 ~163km; @4 ~182km; @5 ~200km; @6 ~219km

BMW M6 GT3
FR 584HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~147km; @3 ~168km; @4 ~189km; @5 ~210km; @6 ~231km

Totally not in line with my experience last night. M6 was the better choice apparently, yet the C7 should have outperformed the 911, however it fell way short. Unless the C7 has a much bigger tank than the 911, starts out with it nearly full but when getting the same amount in the pit it only fills the tank back up to 70%.

I guess 4x fuel consumption and fixed liter amounts per pit stop, will make fuel tank size differences 4x more severe as well. Too bad I don't pay my local gas pump in percentages of my fuel tank. Come on PD, use real numbers. Enough with the guess work.

My first post within this thread...

One of today's Daily Races was at Brands Hatch in the VGT Copen. Not the quickest car, but since I had a pretty good qualy time, I was consistently getting top 3 starts. I had just tied my Consecutive Clean Race record at 7 in a row, going for number 8 when I get sideswiped right off the track on the last lap of course. I get handed an orange SR, probably for going off track, which destroyed that streak in an instant. :banghead:

All in all, a morning's worth of effort GONE. Thanks to the guy with bump clearly written in his PSN name. THANKS, THANKS ALOT!!!

edit: To his credit, he did say sorry in the post race comments... but that's cold comfort when trying to get the hardest "Achievement" in Sport Mode.

Cheers

I feel your pain. Happened to me when I was on the 13th consecutive clean race, then again on the 11th. After that I simply hang back out of reach of any cars trying to get the fastest lap after going slow the first lap. Killed my DR all the way back to 1, but better for my sanity.

Dragon Trail - fast chicane. If someone hits the wall they need to be ghosted immediately. Sick as **** of people bouncing off the wall and collecting me after I take it cleanly. FIA race completely written off due to a knobhead trying an impossible overtake on the car in front and stupid coding.

While we're at it, what the **** is with DR S guys who just ram people off. Seems if they aren't at the head of the field their abilities get brought in to focus in a different environment.

I feel your pain. Happened to me when I was on the 13th consecutive clean race, then again on the 11th. After that I simply hang back out of reach of any cars trying to get the fastest lap after going slow the first lap. Killed my DR all the way back to 1, but better for my sanity.

Oh man... I thought I had it bad. That must have been way beyond gut wrenching to be THAT close just to have it stolen away from you. A scene from Braveheart comes to mind, the one where he's being eviscerated... alive.

Cheers

Photomode doesn't render it's output in real-time, this is the reason why there is a delay after you release the shutter, therefore, your opinion is ******** and accurate at the same time... paradoxtastic.
Some quantum mechanics ;)
@Imari I try to find a reason for the lack of a proper Forzavista because when I see this, I see a missed opportunity.

@Imari I try to find a reason for the lack of a proper Forzavista because when I see this, I see a missed opportunity.

Have to agree - I was really looking forward to being able to take shots like these:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-will-finally-let-you-take-pictures-inside-cars/

Doesn't even have to be on the level of ForzaVista (I don't have cargasms from looking at an engine bay lol). Just let me have a free camera on the interior.

Why look for a reason? Maybe there isn't one. You don't have to make excuses for Polyphony, they're quite capable of doing that themselves if they feel like it.

Or maybe the reason is it took them four years as it is to make a game that is pretty sparse on content, especially for the size and budget of the studio. Maybe they just didn't have time, despite the fact that such a feature would be a great way to make use of all those super high quality assets.

Have to agree - I was really looking forward to being able to take shots like these:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-will-finally-let-you-take-pictures-inside-cars/

Doesn't even have to be on the level of ForzaVista (I don't have cargasms from looking at an engine bay lol). Just let me have a free camera on the interior.

I just think it’s funny that the GT account never bothers to interact with any of its fan or user base and just blindly posts these inane tweets and pictures

Maybe someone can find an exploit of pushing the car "out of" the scape like it was possible in GT5 which then also gave you the ability to glitch the cam into the cars interior iirc.

In 2 daily daily races today people brake checked me. I was closing in for a clean pass was in the draft and they hit the brakes made me rear end them effecting my sr slowing me down and propelling them forward. I cant imagine a gaming penalty algorithm that can see that Im not the one at fault in that situation.

I can’t decide which is worse...being brake checked or taking the lead or qualifying pole, following the racing line then braking only for someone to completely ignore braking to shunt you into the gravel or wall.

If you can’t beat them, join them!!

In 2 daily daily races today people brake checked me. I was closing in for a clean pass was in the draft and they hit the brakes made me rear end them effecting my sr slowing me down and propelling them forward. I cant imagine a gaming penalty algorithm that can see that Im not the one at fault in that situation.

Same garbage happened to me last night. I hope to christ the culprit was some kid/teen wanker... but based on the dudes psn name which included "Uncle", i'm left shaking my head with the realization it was likely a grown ass man behaving that way.

@LAVAMAN_82 <---- I dont even know who this guy is but hes just ranted on my profile calling me all sorts of names...

so heres the best place to vent your frustration... tell me what have I done to upset you? :cheers:

Yesterday Dragontail was a mess in SR.S especially since the matchmaking was bonkers with many people not being able to log it yet. In one of the early races I got pinballed from SR.S to SR.B in one race. It turned out, that was the best thing that could have happened....

As A/B and A/A I got to start top 3 every race, got a couple wins and a 7 consecutive clean race streak until I got back to SR.S and promptly got rear ended in the chicane while following another car in front of me. Why can't SR.S use the brakes!

In the end I went up about 5000 DR points from getting punted to SR.B. Funny game.

Smh, daily race, qualified slow, get through half the pack and then some guy comes flying halfway through corner one on Brands with no braking, punts me into the dirt, kills my SR and a time penalty, he somehow stays on track and ghosts, end of race shows him with no penalties. Wtf.

today, from 18 to 7, I cross
dude I hit my back
I get 5 sec penalties
I finish in the gravel
I abandon today's driving
because of the race before this
no jitter, no touch or contact with another vehicle
degraded by c- s on d-s
and then add as described above
and problems since yesterday
best give up the extension ps plus
and playing at all with GT S
sorrowfully:banghead::confused::guilty::ill::indiff::irked::mad::nervous:👎

I saw the same thing. People running at pace managing 6 laps, while I was down to 5% after 5 laps running 1 and 2 in the hilly section, others in front of me at almost 25% after 5 laps, while others had to pit twice to make it. Is there such a big difference in fuel efficiency and tank size? And if there is, shouldn't that be accounted for in bop settings. It very much restricts which cars are competitive.

I wish the game was a lot more transparent instead of just HP and weight. Tank size, fuel allowed to take in in pits, fuel efficiency etc all very basic things to know before the race.

Checking the fuel efficiency thread

Porsche 911 RSR
MR 510HP 1243Kg
@1 ~117km; @2 ~135km; @3 ~153km; @4 ~170km; @5 ~188km; @6 ~206km

Chevrolet Corvette C7
FR 551HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~145km; @3 ~163km; @4 ~182km; @5 ~200km; @6 ~219km

BMW M6 GT3
FR 584HP 1300Kg
@1 ~126km; @2 ~147km; @3 ~168km; @4 ~189km; @5 ~210km; @6 ~231km

Totally not in line with my experience last night. M6 was the better choice apparently, yet the C7 should have outperformed the 911, however it fell way short. Unless the C7 has a much bigger tank than the 911, starts out with it nearly full but when getting the same amount in the pit it only fills the tank back up to 70%.

I guess 4x fuel consumption and fixed liter amounts per pit stop, will make fuel tank size differences 4x more severe as well. Too bad I don't pay my local gas pump in percentages of my fuel tank. Come on PD, use real numbers. Enough with the guess work.

I felt I had trouble trying to no stop in the gr4 at Interlagos last night. I resorted to the M4 but could not match the pace of people around me who just didn't seem to be struggling with fuel at all. I ran out twice on the final straight. I wonder if this is related maybe? (I didn't pit in any race all night).

Was in a race on Maggoire in a nice comfortable 8th out 8, came to the 4th turn and instead of shifting down a gear to 2nd I went up to 4th. What a nightmare I ended up running a little wide over the rumble strip. Anyway I managed to compose myself down the hill, and that missed gear change must have been preying on my mind, as at the 5th turn instead of dropping down to 3rd, I went down to first. My god I though the engine was going to blow. By the time I was at the top of the hill I was going so slow I wasn't even in 4th. What a disaster! Still I did end up finishing 6th after someone quit and I passed someone parked in the sand, so not a complete disaster.

I felt I had trouble trying to no stop in the gr4 at Interlagos last night. I resorted to the M4 but could not match the pace of people around me who just didn't seem to be struggling with fuel at all. I ran out twice on the final straight. I wonder if this is related maybe? (I didn't pit in any race all night).

I figured out the problem with the one pit stop not filling the Corvette back up. After measuring, the C7 has a 130l tank while the 991 uses a 110l tank. So the C7 fills up more slowly and if the pit only gives you a maximum amount, they won't fill up the C7 as much as the 991 in percentage of tank size. With 1 pit I could maintain the same pace with the 991, while I had to go to fuel map 5 for the last few laps in the C7 as I didn't get enough fuel.

If you go for a no pit stop strategy, get the car with the best distance on a full tank from here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sport-fuel-consumption-list-tire-usage.372334/

You can safe more by drafting, short shifting and coasting when possible to save fuel for the last few laps. Perhaps the ran at higher fuel maps at the start to have more power left for the end of the race.

Back