The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
- All of GT6's competition is next-gen

- Being exclusive just makes it worse, as exclusive titles are meant to help sell systems
Well I think it was a smart move by PD and Sony to keep it on this gen. I'm not saying I have a crystal ball, but I think it wouldve sold alot worse on the ps4 than on the ps3, I know I wouldn't have been able to get it til next year some time cos I wouldnt be able to afford a ps4 til then, and I know alot of people who are in the same boat.

I do take comfort in the fact I sincerely believe PD did very little if anything at all to win over those who were disappointed with GT5.

Exactly the reason why many will skip GT6. I will be playing Project Cars by the time GT6 gets updated to an acceptable level.

- Being exclusive just makes it worse, as exclusive titles are meant to help sell systems
The fact that GT6 isn't on a next-gen isn't a problem. I prefer it being on PS3 than PS4 because it means I don't have to splash out on a next-gen and instead I get to keep my PS3. Also it isn't a hindrance to the development of the game as they can still utilise features from GT5 instead of having to develop them again on PS4, in which case it wouldn't be a few more years until its released. And the fact its missing features that competitors have (Forza 5) is nothing to do with the capabilities of the PS3, its just that Kaz wants to make the game the way he wants it to be. And finally GT6 will probably be out on PS4 within a year with new features and updates that utilise the technology of the PS4 + PD have been working on GT6 developing it for PS3 for a long time now.

Well I think it was a smart move by PD and Sony to keep it on this gen. I'm not saying I have a crystal ball, but I think it wouldve sold alot worse on the ps4 than on the ps3, I know I wouldn't have been able to get it til next year some time cos I wouldnt be able to afford a ps4 til then, and I know alot of people who are in the same boat.
+1

1. Which also means that there's nearly no competition at current generation, so for everyone who is not moving on to the next generation yet, there's only one game to get. Everyone who gets a next gen console, but also keeps the current gen, can easily get both.

2. That would be bad for the PS4, not for Gran Turismo.

I am.

Went through the same process when I decided Final Fantasy XIII would be the first Final Fantasy game I wouldnt buy since 1997. Its very tough to let go of something you've been attached to for so long. I do take comfort in the fact I sincerely believe PD did very little if anything at all to win over those who were disappointed with GT5.

So can we expect you back when GT comes out on the PS4? We'll probably have a launch date by the time PCARS comes out.

I do take comfort in the fact I sincerely believe PD did very little if anything at all to win over those who were disappointed with GT5.
This is whats making me very reluctant to hand my money over to PD, I feel like they are being complacent and think they will sell millions no matter what every time they release a new installment,

1. Which also means that there's nearly no competition at current generation, so for everyone who is not moving on to the next generation yet, there's only one game to get. Everyone who gets a next gen console, but also keeps the current gen, can easily get both.

2. That would be bad for the PS4, not for Gran Turismo.
And here is the problem for gt fans and the reason why gt is stuck in the last century, They will not be able to be so complacent for gt7 with competition in Pcars on the ps4 (thank god), PD have made no real attempt to blow away the fans who were disappointed or the critics who rightly slated the game, No attempt to raise the bar. You could argue they have with the new course maker features etc but all the things they hyped to us will not be ready on day one and no word on how long we have to wait, If we have to wait 6-12 months for it well then that would be pretty poor.

If GT5 was PD's first game im pretty sure GT6 would be their last because there would not be a loyal fan base to support GT6 off the back of GT5, That should make Kaz think about stepping up his game.

OK, stupid question time: This may not be the correct thread to post my question, but since we are on the subject of old vs. new, I figured it would be as good a place as any… I am new to GT, and as such, my only experience with the game has been with GT5. So, I have never had the pleasure of moving from an older version of the game to a newer one. The question is: is it possible to keep your cars by uploading them into the newer release? I am thinking that the answer is NO, but I thought I would ask regardless. Thanks!

OK, stupid question time: This may not be the correct thread to post my question, but since we are on the subject of old vs. new, I figured it would be as good a place as any… I am new to GT, and as such, my only experience with the game has been with GT5. So, I have never had the pleasure of moving from an older version of the game to a newer one. The question is: is it possible to keep your cars by uploading them into the newer release? I am thinking that the answer is NO, but I thought I would ask regardless. Thanks!
Your right, the answer is no lol

I am.

Went through the same process when I decided Final Fantasy XIII would be the first Final Fantasy game I wouldnt buy since 1997. Its very tough to let go of something you've been attached to for so long. I do take comfort in the fact I sincerely believe PD did very little if anything at all to win over those who were disappointed with GT5.

I know that feel. I was very disappointed with George Lucas for Jar Jar Binks. But this is much worse than that.
Take comfort, comfort softs. They always reminded me of ewoks anyway, so I get sports hard over comfort softs.

Question for everybody, We are we all assuming Project Cars will be amazing? I agree that it looks good, but people here are saying that they will play it instead of GT6 with really very little knowledge about the game. On top of that we don't even know when it will be out. It was supposed to come out on 11/6 but got pushed back to "late 2014".

Despite never playing it in its original form?

That is what I said. We all know that some features will be missing at launch. We all know that AI won't be much improved (they would have shown us if it did) and we know that the sounds will still be lifeless (no real proof of any improvements in that department). Is it really that hard for you to understand that GT6 comes at the wrong time? That I and many others will have moved on to next gen?

Spoilt child syndrome.

How is expecting a good product from something you paid for with your own money compare to being a spoilt child? I can see you calling someone a spoilt child when they complain about stuf they get for free but that was just ridiculous.

Question for everybody, We are we all assuming Project Cars will be amazing? I agree that it looks good, but people here are saying that they will play it instead of GT6 with really very little knowledge about the game. On top of that we don't even know when it will be out. It was supposed to come out on 11/6 but got pushed back to "late 2014".

Look at the Project Cars thread and see why many people are convinced that it will become a great game.

More exciting and makes me feel more hopeful for the final product then anything PD has shown.

That is what I said. We all know that some features will be missing at launch. We all know that AI won't be much improved (they would have shown us if it did) and we know that the sounds will still be lifeless (no real proof of any improvements in that department).

I just don't understand how it's that much a deal to some people that they refuse to play it. Seems a little daft.

Is it really that hard for you to understand that GT6 comes at the wrong time? That I and many others will have moved on to next gen?

When did I say it did come at the right time? Or that you and others will move on?

More exciting and makes me feel more hopeful for the final product then anything PD has shown.

That's neat and all...but it's just a damage model. Like I said, we have no idea how the game will play. Most importantly, we have no idea what the driving will feel like. On top of that, we don't even know when (possibly if) the game is coming out. Like I said, it looks good so far. But I'm going to put my hopes into a game that we have so little information on.

When was the last big Xbox 360 exclusive released? I think you have to go all the way back to March with Gears of War. Microsoft has their stuff in order. They've closed the door on last gen, while some Sony exec thinks its best to keep it open with their biggest selling exclusive. A mistake I believe. Rockstar knows GTA is money in the bank, the same cant be said of GT anymore. Also GTA has no big rivals in the open world genre, but PD has plenty in sim racing.

lol, Im not going to debate this, but I will say if GT6 was a PS4 launch title PD would still have my money right now.

1. With a 70 million install base, GT5 sold 10 million copies. PS4 will be a long time before it even reaches the 10 million unit mark so there's no chance that GT6 on PS4 would have anywhere near the sales as it will on PS3.

2. You're assuming it's apples and apples when it comes to launching GT6 on PS4. I don't believe it is. I doubt PD would be ready at this point to launch on PS4, perhaps another year down the road at best and even then it might be rushed and turn into GT5 Part II.

Seems to me taking in the bigger picture, aka maximizing profits, release GT6 now on PS3 and then GT7 on PS4 perhaps in the holiday season of 2015. Makes much more sense to me and obviously PD as well. You also get the added bonus of having all the tracks and premium cars in GT6, + new cars and tracks, + DLC. GT7 could easily be 150 + tracks and variations along with 600 fully premium cars.

I just don't understand how it's that much a deal to some people that they refuse to play it. Seems a little daft.

When did I say it did come at the right time? Or that you and others will move on?
Do you even know why I wrote what I wrote in my previous post? It's the reason why I said what I said.

This is whats making me very reluctant to hand my money over to PD, I feel like they are being complacent and think they will sell millions no matter what every time they release a new installment,

And here is the problem for gt fans and the reason why gt is stuck in the last century, They will not be able to be so complacent for gt7 with competition in Pcars on the ps4 (thank god), PD have made no real attempt to blow away the fans who were disappointed or the critics who rightly slated the game, No attempt to raise the bar. You could argue they have with the new course maker features etc but all the things they hyped to us will not be ready on day one and no word on how long we have to wait, If we have to wait 6-12 months for it well then that would be pretty poor.

If GT5 was PD's first game im pretty sure GT6 would be their last because there would not be a loyal fan base to support GT6 off the back of GT5, That should make Kaz think about stepping up his game.

I'm mostly interested in the new physics engine, which is also the only reason I'm looking at getting PCARS (if I win the lottery, which is the only way I'm getting a PS4 soon :(). I'm sure many others also feel as I do; that the Course Creator and other improvements in GT6 are a bonus.

Ugh, unlicensed LMP. No wonder it has a damage model like that, it doesn't have any Legal Hoops to jump through.
1277067_656137614417170_321211600_o.jpg

''Legal Hoops''. Suuuure.

That's neat and all...but it's just a damage model. Like I said, we have no idea how the game will play. Most importantly, we have no idea what the driving will feel like. On top of that, we don't even know when (possibly if) the game is coming out. Like I said, it looks good so far. But I'm going to put my hopes into a game that we have so little information on.
Many people already know what the driving will feel like, In any case they are aiming for sim physics and that alone is enough to give some of us hope for a genuine rival to gt and push PD to step up not to mention Pcars wont have a silly sunday cup but a thought out career mode.

You can play it right now though. Sure it's on PC, but I can't see it being significantly different to the future PS4 title.

By the way, have you played GT6 yet? Do you know how it "plays"?

You can play it right now though. Sure it's on PC, but I can't see it being significantly different to the future PS4 title.

By the way, have you played GT6 yet? Do you know how it "plays"?

Back