The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
the tire wear model... Wow. Has noone in PD ever seen a tire or used a car? Or did they watch last years Silverstone GP and thought "This is the ****. we need to take this to 11." I do not understand

How big are Taku's earlobes!?

More interesting that his dribble about GT6 anyway, considering that none of it has really happened.

Not really whining or crying but:

All hell broke loose on GT6's online in S.N.A.I.L. tonight. Got to the finish of the first race, then the "fun" started. 4 drivers (myself included) were disconnected, the same thing happened in the next 2 races.

In Division 6 (my division), we just gave up.

If anything needs to be fixed in GT6, it needs to be the online servers, worry about other stuff later.

I now am wondering if EA would do a better job handling the GT series than PD would. At least EA releases content on a set schedule (usually it's half-:censored:ed though) and gives some communication to the gamers and it's servers are somewhat descent (they, like other things could be better).

🤬

Yep been out for ages now, no promised features, no monthly DOC's, f-all granturismo vision releases, crap seasonal events (time trials are boring), credit grinder - where's the promised revamped and longer career mode it was the shortest ever! The features we have been giving no one cares about, c-mon how many of us have our PlayStation's hooked up to more than one screen - that is just getting ridiculous only need for multiple screens is if you're a desiginer or doing lots of data entry, personal use is just pulling something... No one is impress or gives a s!

Maybe tonight... we literally have no other choice than to check every tuesday night after the schedualed maintenance from 12 am to wednesday at 2 am.

Im hoping for one more update ( does not matter whats in it) by the end if march.

If not than oh well. April it is.

Remove the 1029248392 redundant variations of the same car FFSAKE!!!

Remove all the stupid pointless cars no one ever wants in their garage or would drive (i.e. the 80's putput yugo less than 100hp garbage).

After that lets say we're left with 2 or 300 cars that are actually worth having in the game - make those all premium.

Am I the only one that feels this way? I hope GT7 figures out that it doesn't matter if you have 1000 cars in the game when 800 of them are worthless garbage.

Remove all the stupid pointless cars no one ever wants in their garage or would drive (i.e. the 80's putput yugo less than 100hp garbage).

After that lets say we're left with 2 or 300 cars that are actually worth having in the game - make those all premium.

Am I the only one that feels this way? I hope GT7 figures out that it doesn't matter if you have 1000 cars in the game when 800 of them are worthless garbage.
The "80's puttputt" cars are one of the things that makes GT unique and it's not something they'll let go of easily. I for one have have many great races in the VCRC with those low powered cars and find them a welcome change from supercars and racecars. For GT7 I agree, all the standards should be gone, but I hope they do create premium versions of at least the more iconic older cars.

I kind of agree with Johnnypenso that, If they get rid of all the low powered or obscure cars, GT would be every other game on the market. I've always liked the "my mum/gran used to own that car. I wonder how fast I could get it around Nordschleife?" aspect of Gran Turismo.

However I do agree that there are too many variations on particular cars (as I recall Skyline was one of the worst culprits). But if Gran Turismo featured nothing but performance and supercars or the usual suspects (Skylines, Imprezas, M3, Vantage, Quattro, Corvette etc etc) I'd be disappointed.

I am torn though, as the lack of parity quality-wise and not having cockpits for all cars is one of my biggest complaints (and as I shoehorn into every post I can, the lack of explicit FOV and cockpit camera position adjustment). If they were to have the number of cars they currently have all done to "premium" level, the install size would be insane, not to mention too time consuming for PD (assuming we expect more than one game per decade). Compromise must be made somewhere.

My personal preference would be, all cars to the same level of quality, that being less than the current "premiums" (if we were talking how I would have designed for PS3) but better than "standards". All cars include cockpits (and not map the steering animation linearly to 180 degrees. If 900+ is too difficult to animate, have 270 and have a sensitivity curve whereby the first 200-220 degrees of the wheel rotation acts 1:1 with whatever wheel is used and have the last 50-70 degrees account for the rest, this theoretically shouldn't be that hard as it is simply converting values. Or let us disable hands and have it rotate 1:1 or disable the wheel entirely). Balance out between quantity and quality more elegantly. Done this way we may not have 1000+, but maybe 600+ cars. That's what I would have made my goals, though not all would agree.

Last edited:
Tuesday 25/03/2014:

Still no new track, still no Geneva new car and no patch 1.06 (not even announced) along with new features.

Really, this game it's dead at this point. I also started to forgot to login to get alive the 200% credit bonus.

Tuesday 25/03/2014:

Still no new track, still no Geneva new car and no patch 1.06 (not even announced) along with new features.

Really, this game it's dead at this point. I also started to forgot to login to get alive the 200% credit bonus.
Fixed that for you. ;)
And I totally agree, the game is dying a slow death and still they will not throw us/it a lifeline....very sad indeed. :(
And I got my login bonus up to 150% just once, and that was weeks ago. :indiff: Doesn't matter now....

And, as quoted from that GT6 round table interview posted above....

“I think that we very much cut our teeth on DLC with GT5, and I think there’s a real desire to make a quantum leap with GT6. Plans are not yet disclosed so I can’t talk in detail about what they are but there is a real desire to make a step change and take it to a whole different level.
“And, you know, other games in different genre have demonstrated what’s possible in terms of providing a much longer and deeper consumer engagement and monetization, so our ambitions are to make a big jump.

They talk about making big jumps, but they omitted to let us know the jumps would be BACKWARDS.....👎 👎 Or that the WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL would be LOWER than they have ever achieved. Thanks PD. :bowdown:

Last edited:
"Quantum leap" in DLC was indeed a leap backwards. I'm pretty sure PD is aware of the turmoil in the community. I also think they are traditional proud Japanese people and prefer to stay shush instead of come forward. Its how eastern cultures save face. There is a substantial amount wrong with the game and its basically a lot of fires to put out at once. Its probably a compounding problem for the game programers/engineers.

Ok, question time for all the whiners and criers. Have you created a computer game that has been played and enjoyed by millions of people for over a decade through 3 different generations of consoles?
If so, can you honestly say that it was all plain sailing? That there were no bugs or glitches? That everything you tried to do with it was achieved to 100% satisfaction?
Didn't think so! So what makes you all qualified to pick apart someone else's work?

I have played a fairly large number of games across most genres on most available platforms and am yet to find one that I would consider to be the finished article. e.g. Call Of Duty...one of the biggest game franchises of the modern age, outsells almost everything, every time a new one is released but to me they still haven't FINISHED one of them yet and this is a game which is shipped out to different developers every other year so they have longer to put together the next one.
As for any other racing game ever released on any console, I have yet to see the variety in the amount of cars between them. So what if there are 3 versions of every S2000 ever made I quite like the Idea that I could drive MY OWN CAR in a video game and I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who feel the same as me, on that point at least.
OK Forza may have a good amount of cars and a decent amount of tracks but there is just something missing....and now on what, their fifth instalment? And that remains the same. Even though it seems a more finished product than we have here I still don't get the same feeling whilst playing that than I do from GT6.

I understand that there are a LOT of things that were promised both from pre-release and from the details shown on the back of the box that your copy of GT6 came in that have as yet not materialised. And I for one would like to see them all as much as any of you but come on, it's been over 3 months now, if you are still playing the game then it obviously can't be all that bad. If you are not playing the game or have traded it in then don't you think that it's time to get over it and move on?

I mean come on, we are now deep into page 143 of this thread and I know it's
The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread
but I last replied to this tread about 80 pages ago and now you find the same stuff over and over again. The framerate sucks, the sound sucks, there's to many rubbish cars, there's no new tracks yet, where's my DLC? The on-line lobbies suck, PD ripped us off. And my personal favourite....PD have just recycled the same old stuff...Well have a read back through this thread, that's exactly what you've all been doing for the last 2 and a half months.

Last edited:
Euh... That's why its called the Epic Whining and crying thread....
And I think the content indeed stays the same, only the posters change because everyone starts at a different moment, and discovers... Or Misses stuff at their own pace... Nobody asked you to come here... But feel free to do so

And no I haven't played in months.... And I come here because nowhere else I can get any news about the game... Just like minded people here and I enjoy it very much... Even the whining part has a function... Too bad you can't see that

I love this site and I love GT... But GT6 is the first disappointment in the series for me....
(if only they didn't promise me so much beforehand I wouldn't be so disappointed now)

I really hope you enjoy GT6....👍

Last edited:
Have you created a computer game that has been played and enjoyed by millions of people [..]
I have played a fairly large number of games across most genres on most available platforms and am yet to find one [..]
In order to have an opinion I must have *created* a successful computer game, while for you it is sufficient to have *played* computer games.
Do you win a lot of arguments?

In order to have an opinion I must have *created* a successful computer game, while for you it is sufficient to have *played* computer games.
Do you win a lot of arguments?
Not at all! All opinions are perfectly valid. But when someone or in this case many people decide to go off on the why can't they just do this and why couldn't they just have done that when it refers to making, what I would imagine to be a fairly complex video game I think it's only fair to ask if they have any knowledge as to what goes in to the process. No?

And as I have said before, there is a lot wrong and/or incomplete about this game and I, as much as anyone would love to see the game we all paid our money for. But at the end of the day I did pay my money for a Gran Turismo game as did everyone else and that is what we've got.
Just looks like some of us more than others can find more to be getting on with and enjoying in the game whilst waiting on the stuff that's still to come than others. GT5 wasn't even close to being finished until update 2.0 which came out about a year after the game was released and even then there was still more to come. Am I the only person alive that was thinking this would probably follow the same pattern when I spent my money?

And yes thanks, I do win my fair share of arguments. Although I have found that as time goes by and things like logic, patience, understanding and empathy get less abundant it has become rather more difficult.

Ok, question time for all the whiners and criers. Have you created a computer game that has been played and enjoyed by millions of people for over a decade through 3 different generations of consoles?
If so, can you honestly say that it was all plain sailing? That there were no bugs or glitches? That everything you tried to do with it was achieved to 100% satisfaction?
Didn't think so! So what makes you all qualified to pick apart someone else's work?

It's quite simple. As a customer, we're perfectly entitled to. We paid money for the games, that gives us every right to 'pick apart' the product.

I understand that there are a LOT of things that were promised both from pre-release and from the details shown on the back of the box that your copy of GT6 came in that have as yet not materialised. And I for one would like to see them all as much as any of you but come on, it's been over 3 months now, if you are still playing the game then it obviously can't be all that bad. If you are not playing the game or have traded it in then don't you think that it's time to get over it and move on?

No because again, we're customers. Just because we've moved onto other games doesn't mean we just forget that PD sold us the unfinished game and we don't still want the rest of it.

Not at all! All opinions are perfectly valid. But when someone or in this case many people decide to go off on the why can't they just do this and why couldn't they just have done that when it refers to making, what I would imagine to be a fairly complex video game I think it's only fair to ask if they have any knowledge as to what goes in to the process. No?

And as I have said before, there is a lot wrong and/or incomplete about this game and I, as much as anyone would love to see the game we all paid our money for. But at the end of the day I did pay my money for a Gran Turismo game as did everyone else and that is what we've got.
Just looks like some of us more than others can find more to be getting on with and enjoying in the game whilst waiting on the stuff that's still to come than others. GT5 wasn't even close to being finished until update 2.0 which came out about a year after the game was released and even then there was still more to come. Am I the only person alive that was thinking this would probably follow the same pattern when I spent my money?

And yes thanks, I do win my fair share of arguments. Although I have found that as time goes by and things like logic, patience, understanding and empathy get less abundant it has become rather more difficult.

I am sorry but the "if-you-can't-do-it-better-then-shut-up'-argument is borderline kindergarden level of argumentation. PD are professionals and deliver their work results to the public. As such they are under the scrutiny of the public that has every right to judge them on their performance as professionals. If you are ok with the shortcomings and bugs of the game - fine. But when PD fails to deliver promised features and updates and at the same time fails to communicate the reasons, this is simply unprofessional. And we do have the right to judge on this basis.

Back