The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Firstly. Let me apologise to those of you who had to put up with my moronic nonsense on Tuesday evening. I had a really,really,really bad day, and I know that this is not an excuse! But for some reason, instead of unwinding as I usually do and catching up on the day's developments here on this wonderful website and more importantly in This Great Community, I decided, stupidly to insult the fine people of GTPlanet.

I would like to say sorry for the lack of respect I have shown to you if you felt insulted! You have shared your opinions as you have a right to do and deserved a lot more than I have shown with my previous few posts on this thread.

And I would like to say a personal sorry, and Thank you to @pyrates for letting me see what an 🤬 I was being.

And I'd like to sincerely apologise to @Kobooi, as he was the first person Who had to put up with my very childish parting comment...

I should have practised what I preached!:dunce:

Secondly I would like to say now what I would have liked to have said then. Even though I have enjoyed the humour that has ensued at my expense.:lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of GTPlanet, I do feel your pain if you feel ripped off or are generally just plain disappointed by all of the shortcomings of GT6, although I do not share most of them. I know that a lot of you were expecting a lot more content in the game at release and certainly a lot more by now. And I know that there are many technical flaws, and really annoying things like completely lifeless, unresponsive A.I. which drive us all crazy. I know a lot of people will be missing some of the features which have been removed from the game like, B-Spec mode, the course creator and my personal biggest loss the endurance events. But I think that

...PD for me, have done a good job so far with the game. The loss of certain features from the game, has been outweighed by the positives changes that have been made in my opinion. Mostly in the regards to the driving physics. Are they perfect, probably not but they're way better than been before. And besides what is?

And I do like the fact that I don't need to wait forever to find a rare car in the used car dealership, although it has probably shortened the career mode down quite a bit. But as the Redbull Event showed the career can be added too so fingers crossed for that!?

I think that Sony and PD have the right Idea by putting the game out there as it is they have shown us with GT5 that it is possible for the game to evolve and I like to think that it will do just that, but evolution cannot be rushed.

So I would say to you all. Be patient and one day you just might (And I really hope you do!) get the game that you paid for, I know I already have (Well Endurance Races aside!) and I look forward to anything extra that comes along down the road.

Now that I have said my piece I shall go back to enjoying my GT6 experience never to again darken this thread until the day they announce that all support for it is being stopped and that I never got my Endurance Races....Or when they do something like do an update that breaks it completely.

In the meantime gays and gals I hope you enjoy your not very little corner of :gtpflag:as you are not enjoying your game.

It takes a man to apologize. 👍 Don't worry, no hard feelings at all.

As for the rest:
As you said what we got in exchange for the missing features from GT5 is basically a really good physics engine. So if you do most of your racing online then GT6 doesn't seem that bad, really. It is great fun actually (apart from the couple of bugs that really can break an online race). So online racing is all that I do now (I have completed A-Spec and never touched it again).

As far as the single player mode is concerned GT6 is unfortunately probably the worst designed racing game out there. And since most still play mainly offline there is a lot of dissatisfaction. Sure as you said the can evolve and it probably will eventually. I personally just have a feeling that the time for that evolution is running out as GT7 is probably not too far away.

Firstly. Let me apologise to those of you who had to put up with my moronic nonsense on Tuesday evening. I had a really,really,really bad day, and I know that this is not an excuse! But for some reason, instead of unwinding as I usually do and catching up on the day's developments here on this wonderful website and more importantly in This Great Community, I decided, stupidly to insult the fine people of GTPlanet.

I would like to say sorry for the lack of respect I have shown to you if you felt insulted! You have shared your opinions as you have a right to do and deserved a lot more than I have shown with my previous few posts on this thread.

And I would like to say a personal sorry, and Thank you to @pyrates for letting me see what an 🤬 I was being.

And I'd like to sincerely apologise to @Kobooi, as he was the first person Who had to put up with my very childish parting comment...

I should have practised what I preached!:dunce:

Secondly I would like to say now what I would have liked to have said then. Even though I have enjoyed the humour that has ensued at my expense.:lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of GTPlanet, I do feel your pain if you feel ripped off or are generally just plain disappointed by all of the shortcomings of GT6, although I do not share most of them. I know that a lot of you were expecting a lot more content in the game at release and certainly a lot more by now. And I know that there are many technical flaws, and really annoying things like completely lifeless, unresponsive A.I. which drive us all crazy. I know a lot of people will be missing some of the features which have been removed from the game like, B-Spec mode, the course creator and my personal biggest loss the endurance events. But I think that

...PD for me, have done a good job so far with the game. The loss of certain features from the game, has been outweighed by the positives changes that have been made in my opinion. Mostly in the regards to the driving physics. Are they perfect, probably not but they're way better than been before. And besides what is?

And I do like the fact that I don't need to wait forever to find a rare car in the used car dealership, although it has probably shortened the career mode down quite a bit. But as the Redbull Event showed the career can be added too so fingers crossed for that!?

I think that Sony and PD have the right Idea by putting the game out there as it is they have shown us with GT5 that it is possible for the game to evolve and I like to think that it will do just that, but evolution cannot be rushed.

So I would say to you all. Be patient and one day you just might (And I really hope you do!) get the game that you paid for, I know I already have (Well Endurance Races aside!) and I look forward to anything extra that comes along down the road.

Now that I have said my piece I shall go back to enjoying my GT6 experience never to again darken this thread until the day they announce that all support for it is being stopped and that I never got my Endurance Races....Or when they do something like do an update that breaks it completely.

In the meantime gays and gals I hope you enjoy your not very little corner of :gtpflag:as you are not enjoying your game.

So true and thanks for you appologies Thorin Cain! Unfortunately that's the sad side of human nature, we are good at picking out negatives while forgetting the positives! I too also believe GT6 has been a big improvement over GT5 and have especially enjoyed the improved physics engine and better AI - I've found they do deviate slightly from the driving line as I have been shunted out of the way by them before?

Everyone are friends again :)

Now back to business! Unfortunately I see improved physics as a bare minimum expectation which should not be made at the expense of existing features. Also, as long time followers of this thread will know, pretty much all of the things I hoped to see implemented or improved for GT6 didn't materialise.

PD and Kaz seem to be taking a path with the series that doesn't appeal to me (or at least if GT5 and GT6 represent the direction they are headed). I want to like Gran Turismo but PD and Kaz are making it hard for me personally.

How is it when a car on career mode bumps right into the back of you then spins you out backwards, then as your trying to return to the track which seems like an eternity as I'm watching everyone else past me up ending back in last place, and now I'm fighting my way back it's RIDICULOUS!!
Then I get mad a frustrated I decided screw this I return the favor and bump them as If I'm bowling and they slam into each other go off the track into the sand, grass, against the wall and NOTHING!! Their back at full speed As like it never HAPPENED! As for Meee it takes FOREVER to get back on track cars struggling & barely moving UNBELIEVABLE! Just love when it's the last lap and they get you in a championship RACE!! Thanks PD, love the realism of your SIMULATION GAME!! hope your enjoying all my money I spent since Gran Turismo 1 YOU guys just keep up the wonderful job your doing, hope everything is going well with the GT. Academy shows don't worry about us gamers here who put you THERE glad YOU moved up to BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS THEN YOUR FANS.

Last edited:
How is it when a car on career mode bumps right into the back of you then spins you out backwards, then as your trying to return to the track which seems like an eternity as I'm watching everyone else past me up ending back in last place, and now I'm fighting my way back it's RIDICULOUS!!
Then I get mad a frustrated I decided screw this I return the favor and bump them as If I'm bowling and they slam into each other go off the track into the sand, grass, against the wall and NOTHING!! Their back at full speed As like it never HAPPENED! As for Meee it takes FOREVER to get back on track cars struggling & barely moving UNBELIEVABLE! Just love when it's the last lap and they get you in a championship RACE!! Thanks PD, love the realism of your SIMULATION GAME!! hope your enjoying all my money I spent since Gran Turismo 1 YOU guys just keep up the wonderful job your doing, hope everything is going well with the GT. Academy shows don't worry about us gamers here who put you THERE glad YOU moved up to BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS THEN YOUR FANS.
Feel better for that? ;) Seriously I share your pain. Many a time I've decided to return the knock the AI just gave me only to make it worse on myself and watch the offender drive off into the distance like nothing happened.

The horrendous AI is the reason I'm barely playing the game anymore. I got bored of hotlapping and online isn't an option for me at the moment.

I prey GT6 is the last GT with the "chase-the-rabbit" mechanic and that in the next game we have AI we can actually race (and that don't have the mass of a sun!)

Gran Turismo: Sexy girl walks past you. She grabs your attention, and after striking up a good conversation, you snag her number.

Gran Turismo 2: Your first official date. She looks so beautiful on this glorious evening. You're grateful to have this lovely young lady in such a sea of monsters.

Gran Turismo 3: Love her or hater her, you'll stick around for another evening.

Gran Turismo 4: It's time for sexual relations. MY GOD, is this amazing! We'll last forever :)

Gran Turismo 5: Wow, what the hell happened to her? This...isn't the girl I know. We should break up....

Gran Turismo 6: .....But not before we engage in some breakup sex. Thanks for the memories, girl. It's official; we're done.

Gran Turismo 7: Nope! Project C.A.R.S. walks by. I'm getting HER number. No doubt about that.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo: Sexy girl walks past you. She grabs your attention, and after striking up a good conversation, you snag her number.

Gran Turismo 2: Your first official date. She looks so beautiful on this glorious evening. You're grateful to have such a lovely young lady in a sea of monsters.

Gran Turismo 4: It's time for sexual relations. MY GOD, is this amazing! We'll last forever :)

Gran Turismo 5: Wow, what the hell happened to her? This...isn't the girl I know. We should break up.

Gran Turismo 6: But not before we engage in some breakup sex. Thanks for the memories, girl. It's official; we're done.

Gran Turismo 7: Project C.A.R.S. walks by. I'm getting HER number. No doubt about that.
Very creative analogy :)

I've said before, I give this game a 9/10 and would give it a 10 if camber and off-course-TC was fixed. I think a lot of people would agree if PD wouldn't spew a bunch of BS lies to sell their game and then go into hiding.

Edit: I've been trying very hard for months not to call Kaz a liar, just out of principle. I finally caved under the pressure. :ouch:

Last edited:

Gran Turismo 2: Your first official date. She looks so beautiful on this glorious evening. You're grateful to have this lovely young lady in such a sea of monsters.

Gran Turismo 5: Wow, what the hell happened to her? This...isn't the girl I know. We should break up....

Gran Turismo 6: .....But not before we engage in some breakup sex. Thanks for the memories, girl. It's official; we're done.

Gran Turismo 7: Nope! Project C.A.R.S. walks by. I'm getting HER number. No doubt about that.

Love it! Just love it! Reminds me of this, I know it's not quite related but it is a good laugh (well I thought it was due to the genius play behind it)

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQtwIwAA&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I43GUnZN_s4&ei=f942U_e5BMLolAWyp4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNEi0bSEExK0Iqgbc5R2DudBPkDPtQ

I've said before, I give this game a 9/10 and would give it a 10 if camber and off-course-TC was fixed. I think a lot of people would agree if PD wouldn't spew a bunch of BS lies to sell their game and then go into hiding.
If you gave it a 10 if TC and camber was fixed then that would surely mean the game is perfect and no or little room for improvement, If PD didnt spew a bunch of BS gt6 would still be a disappointing mess and borefest to me and my faith in PD to deliver a good complete game would still be non existent, I just wouldnt think of them as scammers on top of that like i do now,

I know it can be subjective but career mode and AI are piss poor and surely this isnt just subjective and could in no way merit a 9/10?

If you gave it a 10 if TC and camber was fixed then that would surely mean the game is perfect and no or little room for improvement, If PD didnt spew a bunch of BS gt6 would still be a disappointing mess and borefest to me and my faith in PD to deliver a good complete game would still be non existent, I just wouldnt think of them as scammers on top of that like i do now,

I know it can be subjective but career mode and AI are piss poor and surely this isnt just subjective and could in no way merit a 9/10?
Agreed. If you race primarily online, it's got some issues and it's bare bones at the moment, just a random search of lobbies, although at least you can jump into each lobby description and see what's going on now. If you race primarily offline, the AI and Career Mode really are terrible. The only way I can see it being really highly rated by an individual is someone who enjoys grinding for cars and hotlapping, for them, the game is pretty much perfect because it only requires content and GT has lots of that, along with good physics.

As a full game, yes, it's pretty terrible, but the primary reason I play is to simulate driving hot laps by myself in racecars, so my subjective rating ignores the moronic AI, half-assed career mode, and lack of features.

Agreed. If you race primarily online, it's got some issues and it's bare bones at the moment, just a random search of lobbies, although at least you can jump into each lobby description and see what's going on now. If you race primarily offline, the AI and Career Mode really are terrible. The only way I can see it being really highly rated by an individual is someone who enjoys grinding for cars and hotlapping, for them, the game is pretty much perfect because it only requires content and GT has lots of that, along with good physics.
Yep that's pretty much me. Except that PD won't even fix a glaring problem like camber, which, along with the magic TC, puts the physics in the :censored:can.

I keep coming here, week after week, to see if PD finally released the course Creator.
Someday, prolly in a near future, I will even forget to come here to tcheck that out.

GT5 sales after 5 weeks : 5 million units.
GT6 sales after 5 weeks : 1,75 million units.

I can guarantee that they are not playing hula hoops with champagne, at PD headquarters right now.

I'm just quite sad that PD has messed up a legendary franchise this way. Have to wonder why it turned out this way, is it lack of competence or being rushed due to new competition? I have no confidence in them rectifying this with GT7, in fact I fear they may end up bottling that job even more.

I'm just quite sad that PD has messed up a legendary franchise this way. Have to wonder why it turned out this way, is it lack of competence or being rushed due to new competition? I have no confidence in them rectifying this with GT7, in fact I fear they may end up bottling that job even more.
They had a collective 8 years on PS3 with GT5/6. Being rushed was not their problem.

Like Kaz said "we really don’t think it’s a hindrance or a bad thing to release on the PS3" and "we’re not in a rush.”

So apparently they are not in a rush and the game was planed for PS3 at the begining. :P

Like Kaz said "we really don’t think it’s a hindrance or a bad thing to release on the PS3" and "we’re not in a rush.”

So apparently they are not in a rush and the game was planed for PS3 at the begining. :P
Kaz said that? Well that's good enough for me. He's never lied before! :indiff:

Kaz said that? Well that's good enough for me. He's never lied before! :indiff:
Yeah, you right. Nex time GTP would be present at such a conference somebody should ask them if they speak truth or just fooling around!:banghead:
You guys are incredible :lol:

Back