The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Euh... That's why its called the Epic Whining and crying thread....
And I think the content indeed stays the same, only the posters change because everyone starts at a different moment, and discovers... Or Misses stuff at their own pace... Nobody asked you to come here... But feel free to do so

And no I haven't played in months.... And I come here because nowhere else I can get any news about the game... Just like minded people here and I enjoy it very much... Even the whining part has a function... Too bad you can't see that

I love this site and I love GT... But GT6 is the first disappointment in the series for me....
(if only they didn't promise me so much beforehand I wouldn't be so disappointed now)

I really hope you enjoy GT6....👍
Your first point is a good one!

As for the whining part having a function, ok it lets people vent some of the frustration that's built because they didn't get what they want but it won't change anything and certainly won't make PD or Sony sit up and take notice. I'm pretty sure they had a plan and a timeline set and it wont speed that up any unfortunately.

No, but this is a discussion forum. That's the point of it, for people to share their thoughts. There are forums out there for things that don't exist anymore, doesn't mean people don't want to discuss them. For example you could go to a forum for the Beatles and find people debating whether X song is any good or not or whether X decision in their career was good or not. Trust me, they do get very heated. It's not going to change squat, the band are finished and half the members have passed away, doesn't stop discussion.

Same deal here. I don't think anyone posting in this thread is expecting it to change anything, doesn't mean people don't like to let off steam and vent if they feel like it.

I am sorry but the "if-you-can't-do-it-better-then-shut-up'-argument is borderline kindergarden level of argumentation. PD are professionals and deliver their work results to the public. As such they are under the scrutiny of the public that has every right to judge them on their performance as professionals. If you are ok with the shortcomings and bugs of the game - fine. But when PD fails to deliver promised features and updates and at the same time fails to communicate the reasons, this is simply unprofessional. And we do have the right to judge on this basis.

Oh, really, "if you can't do it better shut up" I don't think that that was my point. I have read quite a bit of this thread(and others like it)and it seems that there are a few people who actually do know what it takes to make these games and their input has almost always been, It's not that easy to source and fix the problems with the software. And surprise surprise these comments tend to get quickly disregarded. I would just like to know if the people who think that it is that easy have the same kind of knowledge, I don't think that is to much to ask.
After all I have no knowledge of this sort of thing whatsoever but even I can understand that there is a finite amount of space on the game disk and that all of the things we were promised was going to take up a lot more space than that, so it would be added on somewhere down the line.

PD have delivered the game as promised(and it turns out I got exactly what my box said I would), they have updated the game 5 times in 4 months and that's not including any of the "Hot Fixes" and they unfortunately delivered the Red Bull events and cars as promised. But yes, we didn't get the new track that we were told would be coming in February at the same time. But there is no law which states that any company needs to communicate why it hasn't added extra features to something and I'm sure there is no obligation on their part to communicate when they plans to do so.

From the amount of things which have been promised they have only failed to deliver on how many so far? One. As no dates were ever given for the course maker or any intended B-Spec mode, or any of the other features which have been mentioned since the announcement of the games release. this would pretty much mean that until the support for GT6 has been stopped altogether then these promises have not broken, and yes we as customers do have the right to complain...but not to judge.

Oh, really, "if you can't do it better shut up" I don't think that that was my point. I have read quite a bit of this thread(and others like it)and it seems that there are a few people who actually do know what it takes to make these games and their input has almost always been, It's not that easy to source and fix the problems with the software. And surprise surprise these comments tend to get quickly disregarded. I would just like to know if the people who think that it is that easy have the same kind of knowledge, I don't think that is to much to ask.
After all I have no knowledge of this sort of thing whatsoever but even I can understand that there is a finite amount of space on the game disk and that all of the things we were promised was going to take up a lot more space than that, so it would be added on somewhere down the line.

It's not up to us to understand their issues or how development works. They're a game developer, that's their job. We're only expecting them to do their job, and fulfill their promises of content.

As for disk space, that is not an issue at all. GT6 is 16GB or something like that, a dual layer BR is 46GB (usable).

PD have delivered the game as promised(and it turns out I got exactly what my box said I would), they have updated the game 5 times in 4 months and that's not including any of the "Hot Fixes" and they unfortunately delivered the Red Bull events and cars as promised. But yes, we didn't get the new track that we were told would be coming in February at the same time. But there is no law which states that any company needs to communicate why it hasn't added extra features to something and I'm sure there is no obligation on their part to communicate when they plans to do so.

None of the updates have significantly added to the game though, that's the issue. As for the hotfixes pretty much all of those just fixed something they messed up in the full update, they didn't add anything either. It's not about how many updates they put out, it's the fact they haven't put out anything particularly significant.

From the amount of things which have been promised they have only failed to deliver on how many so far? One. As no dates were ever given for the course maker or any intended B-Spec mode, or any of the other features which have been mentioned since the announcement of the games release. this would pretty much mean that until the support for GT6 has been stopped altogether then these promises have not broken, and yes we as customers do have the right to complain...but not to judge.

Monthly DLC - Failed.
January Community Update - Failed.
February track - Failed.

No, they didn't put a date on the other updates and no promise has technically been broken but that isn't the issue, the issue is that they promoted these as major selling points for this game when they announced it LAST MAY and they're still not finished. They had to have known back in May they were miles off being finished but they went ahead and used them as promotion anyway.

Yeah actually you did in your first paragraph:

Ok, question time for all the whiners and criers. Have you created a computer game that has been played and enjoyed by millions of people for over a decade through 3 different generations of consoles?
If so, can you honestly say that it was all plain sailing? That there were no bugs or glitches? That everything you tried to do with it was achieved to 100% satisfaction?
Didn't think so! So what makes you all qualified to pick apart someone else's work?

It is not about disc space but about PD not having features ready on time.

1) It shouldn't include the hot fixes as they fixed something that was stewed up with the update in the first place.
2) Of course they are not obligated to do so. However, it is unprofessional not to do so if you are late with your delivery. I don't know in what line of work you are but when I promise a certain date to a customer and don't deliver and don't communicate with him, I will get ripped apart way worse then PD.

From the amount of things which have been promised they have only failed to deliver on how many so far? One. As no dates were ever given for the course maker or any intended B-Spec mode, or any of the other features which have been mentioned since the announcement of the games release. this would pretty much mean that until the support for GT6 has been stopped altogether then these promises have not broken

They missed two deadlines: delayed RB events and the Zahara track. For the first they informed us for the second not so much. Also when PD estimated that GT7℗ should come in about a year of GT6 then we have a life time of 12 month of GT6. I think after 4 month it is then about time to deliver some of the promised features.

and yes we as customers do have the right to complain...but not to judge.

Oh yes we can judge. I can judge professionals (key word here: that's what they do for a living) when they have poor time management, set unrealistic goals and fail to communicate with their customers. And guess what? Your customers do the same about your work.

Even if it did have everything the box claimed to it's hardly a ringing endorsement for a game. If games only had to deliver what the box said we'd have some very short, unfinished games around. The point is they've not delivered on what they promised in promotion for the game.

Even if it did have everything the box claimed to it's hardly a ringing endorsement for a game. If games only had to deliver what the box said we'd have some very short, unfinished games around. The point is they've not delivered on what they promised in promotion for the game.

Whilst people complain about DLC and Online features not appearing, what about the vanished B Spec and Course Creator?

Of all the missing features for me Course Creator is the biggest failing because of how hard it was pressed in promotion for the game. This is what the initial press release said

New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tyre model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Those were the key things promted for the game, in May 2013. Course Creator was one of the absolute main bullet points, it was the number one new/updated feature they pushed. Yet here we are in March 2014 and still a lot of it is seemingly not finished and ready to be played in game.

What state were these features in exactly, in May 2013, that they're still not ready 10 months later? Why were they used to promote the game when they were nowhere near completion?

EDIT: Here is the launch announcement.

25 minute video and he spent a fair amount of it promoting features that still aren't in the game.

Last edited:
Just a few points I've gathered from the last couple of pages;

1. Most seem not to be complaining but rather expressing their disappointment.
2. Yes I am/we are not game developers but do accept the difficulties involved and appreciate their efforts made - it's not about "you're not a game developer, so shut up." If that was the case then life would be very bland as you can only talk within your field.
3. We (customers) do have a right to complain as most of us feel disappointed with how we have been disregarded. Yeah it's easy to take someone's money but actually service is a whole other side.
4. If I did/do any of these promises or actions similar to PD in my job, I'd find myself quite quickly in the need to find another job.
5. People seem to be disregarding the I paid for this but it's half finish. Well to those who are content with this I'd be happy to mow your lawn for you for $80 and promise to for a year. But I will only mow it once.
6. We do have a right to pick and complain on developers and others, it's called "keeping them honest" or is how most people develop. It's a basic life principle and is the reason of social civilisation being the basis of how laws and formed. Also get this, are also CHANGED
7. Most have forgotten the bottom point to this thread - we are the customers. So let's stop oh PD have done x x so stop whining - sorry I disagree on a basic economic concept. PD only exist because they saw a niche for the games they create, there was a willing market wanting GT. Without this PD would not exist and there for GT also, as such we have every right to complain and pick as we are the market (customers) PD is developing for. It is us why GT and for that matter PD exists and without customers it's hard for a business to succeed? So we are meant to complain and voice our ideas etc so PD can adapt and we are biginning to become dissatisfied and are slowly turning away from PD.

Way to go Jimmy!
I don't know how to design and build cars, but if I pay $30,000 for a car I expect it to work as advertised and to be an improvement over the previous model. I paid my $50-$60 for GT6. GT6 did have some changes but some of the features in GT5 that we liked were left off of the game. That's like getting a new car and finding out they left the radio and A/C out of the new model you just paid for, BUT the LED headlights are nice!

Last edited:
Way to go Jimmy!
I don't know how to design and build cars, but if I pay $30,000 for a car I expect it to work as advertised and to be an improvement over the previous model. I paid my $50-$60 for GT6. GT6 did have some changes but some of the features in GT5 that we liked were left off of the game. That's like getting a new car and finding out they left the radio and A/C out of the new model you just paid for, BUT the LED headlights are nice!

And let's not forget that they never took the time to install wiper blades on that car (Hood view) even if we are at the sixth generation.

Way to go Jimmy!

Why did you buy it before checking for AC and radio, if AC and radio is what you want?

And let's not forget that they never took the time to install wiper blades on that car (Hood view) even if we are at the sixth generation.

But on the other hand it's now got wings and a jet engine (better physics, better menu), so it can fly.

Way to go Jimmy!
That sounds exactly like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS: Pay more-for less. And customers don't care.

Last edited:
Ok, question time for all the whiners and criers. Have you created a computer game that has been played and enjoyed by millions of people for over a decade through 3 different generations of consoles?
If so, can you honestly say that it was all plain sailing? That there were no bugs or glitches? That everything you tried to do with it was achieved to 100% satisfaction?
Didn't think so! So what makes you all qualified to pick apart someone else's work?

Does a BSc in Software Engineering and 15 years of building engineering simulators count? Oh please say it does!! :nervous:

No. Movies are hard to make. There's a reason a director can make or break a film. Movie making is an elaborate process involving a lot (sometimes thousands) of different people. Tons of money goes into doing it. One bad movie can bankrupt a studio. Special effect shots, lighting, scheduling actors and locations, catering, editing, sound, etc.

But you know what? When a movies sucks, it sucks, and most film audiences will say that. They don't need to be able to make a better film and they don't need to know how hard it is to make one in order to be able to criticize a movie.

Last edited:
No. Movies are hard to make. There's a reason a director can make or break a film. Movie making is an elaborate process involving a lot (sometimes thousands) of different people. Tons of money goes into doing it. One bad movie can bankrupt a studio. Special effect shots, lighting, scheduling actors and locations, catering, editing, sound, etc.

But you know what? When a movies sucks, it sucks, and most film audiences will say that. They don't need to be able to make a better film and they don't need to know how hard it is to make one in order to be able to criticize a movie.
True. I am not qualified to comment on the technical aspects of game design, so I watch the sound thread for example, without commenting because knowledgable members know much more about this than I do and I respect and enjoy their opinions. But gameplay, missing features, technical glitches, lack of feedback from PD etc. etc. these things we know exist and can all comment on.

Firstly. Let me apologise to those of you who had to put up with my moronic nonsense on Tuesday evening. I had a really,really,really bad day, and I know that this is not an excuse! But for some reason, instead of unwinding as I usually do and catching up on the day's developments here on this wonderful website and more importantly in This Great Community, I decided, stupidly to insult the fine people of GTPlanet.

I would like to say sorry for the lack of respect I have shown to you if you felt insulted! You have shared your opinions as you have a right to do and deserved a lot more than I have shown with my previous few posts on this thread.

And I would like to say a personal sorry, and Thank you to @pyrates for letting me see what an 🤬 I was being.

And I'd like to sincerely apologise to @Kobooi, as he was the first person Who had to put up with my very childish parting comment...
And yes thanks, I do win my fair share of arguments. Although I have found that as time goes by and things like logic, patience, understanding and empathy get less abundant it has become rather more difficult.

I should have practised what I preached!:dunce:

Secondly I would like to say now what I would have liked to have said then. Even though I have enjoyed the humour that has ensued at my expense.:lol:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of GTPlanet, I do feel your pain if you feel ripped off or are generally just plain disappointed by all of the shortcomings of GT6, although I do not share most of them. I know that a lot of you were expecting a lot more content in the game at release and certainly a lot more by now. And I know that there are many technical flaws, and really annoying things like completely lifeless, unresponsive A.I. which drive us all crazy. I know a lot of people will be missing some of the features which have been removed from the game like, B-Spec mode, the course creator and my personal biggest loss the endurance events. But I think that
(*fanboy mode engaged*) :lol:

...PD for me, have done a good job so far with the game. The loss of certain features from the game, has been outweighed by the positives changes that have been made in my opinion. Mostly in the regards to the driving physics. Are they perfect, probably not but they're way better than they have been before. And besides what is?

And I do like the fact that I don't need to wait forever to find a rare car in the used car dealership, although it has probably shortened the career mode down quite a bit. But as the Redbull Event showed the career can be added too so fingers crossed for that!?

I think that Sony and PD have the right Idea by putting the game out there as it is they have shown us with GT5 that it is possible for the game to evolve and I like to think that it will do just that, but evolution cannot be rushed.

So I would say to you all. Be patient and one day you just might (And I really hope you do!) get the game that you paid for, I know I already have (Well Endurance Races aside!) and I look forward to anything extra that comes along down the road.

Now that I have said my piece I shall go back to enjoying my GT6 experience never to again darken this thread until the day they announce that all support for it is being stopped and that I never got my Endurance Races....Or when they do something like do an update that breaks it completely.

In the meantime guys and gals I hope you enjoy your not very little corner of :gtpflag:as you are not enjoying your game.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back