The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
Well Sony have started to advertise around GT6 again.......View attachment 128182

..........but only for credit packs.
Jackie-Chan-WTF-meme-face-70958233396.jpeg

Well Sony have started to advertise around GT6 again.......View attachment 128182

..........but only for credit packs.
This is very sad. GT6 is nothing more than a money grab.

PD is a terrible company. We pre-order their game and give them money up front and the only news we receive is about how they want more money from us from DLC's and credit packs. And let's not forget about the constant news feed about their egotistical leader Kaz. He's the Donald Trump of the gaming industry. It's a shame PD doesn't have the decency to let their paying customers know what to expect and when. This is not how to run a company. It's how to run a company into the ground...

I really hope a small company makes a new racing game with solid and customizable core game play. Something like Dirt Track Racing comes to mind.

We are now halfway through March. No features of significance added. No track DLC. One VGT. Somewhere between two and six cars depending on what you count the Red Bulls as, all basically paid advertising for their respective "manufacturers".

So, April then is it? ;)

P.S. I just got back from the F1, they sound glorious. Not loud, they're quieter than every other race car on the track, but the noise is very good.

Anyone who watched the start of the new F1 season over the weekend, what about those horrible car sounds. :lol: :lol: Damn, they all sound like Hoovers. :boggled: :ouch:

P.S. I just got back from the F1, they sound glorious. Not loud, they're quieter than every other race car on the track, but the noise is very good.

I swear I've seen this argument somewhere before.

Suppose this is a 'whine', I paid £43 to have this a day before release and now look at the price. :lol:

Not only cheaper, but already have the Course Maker and Community/Club/Race Organiser features...
Amazing deal...

New Course Maker
  • Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • A new course generation algorithm
Community/Club/Race Organizer
  • Players can form their own communities
  • Various community levels from local and domestic to global
  • Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

Ive stopped playing GT6 until some more physics are worked out. Its been a few weeks already, but i put the game down after a particular instance at Laguna Seca. I was racing in my 78 Trans am, going hard into the hill crest chicane. Ive played this track countless times, and when racing higher powered cars ive always braked late into the left, putting the car into a slide, only to get back into the power mid corner to rotate the car down the right hander along the bumper. Ive had great success with this until GT6.

To my surprise, my T/A did a barrel roll. The grip caught when the car was going sideways downhill, and the car literally rotated without touching the track. I landed on all four wheels in the sand to the left of the chicane. I had to watch the replay to be sure it didnt roll on its roof. The car just rolled right off the track.

Has anyone else had this problem on laguna?

Ive stopped playing GT6 until some more physics are worked out. Its been a few weeks already, but i put the game down after a particular instance at Laguna Seca. I was racing in my 78 Trans am, going hard into the hill crest chicane. Ive played this track countless times, and when racing higher powered cars ive always braked late into the left, putting the car into a slide, only to get back into the power mid corner to rotate the car down the right hander along the bumper. Ive had great success with this until GT6.

To my surprise, my T/A did a barrel roll. The grip caught when the car was going sideways downhill, and the car literally rotated without touching the track. I landed on all four wheels in the sand to the left of the chicane. I had to watch the replay to be sure it didnt roll on its roof. The car just rolled right off the track.

Has anyone else had this problem on laguna?
Racing soft tyres? Sounds like it.

Also don't expect every driving technique you've used with previous games to work as the physics change or get closer to realism.

Sports soft. Which is what was so surprising to me. The car weighs too much to not at least roll over onto the roof. And as far as the line is concerned, im follow the fastest line. Skidding in allows me to slip through 5-12 mph faster, depending on my entry. And im not just sailing the car through the curbing, its just braking really really late. Always have 2 tires on the pavement.
I should have saved the replay. This corner is tackled so many ways to see the line, its pretty crazy. Car turns left and then starts dropping in and tucking the curbing and voom! Barrel roll. Maybe its time to give it another crack.

Sports soft. Which is what was so surprising to me. The car weighs too much to not at least roll over onto the roof. And as far as the line is concerned, im follow the fastest line. Skidding in allows me to slip through 5-12 mph faster, depending on my entry. And im not just sailing the car through the curbing, its just braking really really late. Always have 2 tires on the pavement.
I should have saved the replay. This corner is tackled so many ways to see the line, its pretty crazy. Car turns left and then starts dropping in and tucking the curbing and voom! Barrel roll. Maybe its time to give it another crack.
Fair enough. I think the gravity modelling in GT6 may be a little tiny bit off which could be a contributing factor.

So, GT6 is awful huh? Didn't see that coming. ;)

I haven't been on here in months, before the game came out and I said back then my decision to buy the game rested on two main areas. A-Spec mode structure/content and the AI. Once it became clear those two areas were awful reading reviews I didn't buy it. I did however receive it as a Christmas gift and yeah, it's awful. Been reading a few threads the last few days here so I'm not going to repeat all the same issues I found with it but yeah, not happy at all with it. I see the forum is basically 80%-90% negative/disappointed now, even some that were staunch defenders of PD, and it's easy to see why. GT6 is still mostly the same as GT1, PD still not meeting deadlines and still not communicating. It's sad that the game I grew up around has gone this way but I hope the (supposed) awful sales of the game wake PD and/or Sony up now.

Judging by this thread and the activity level of others it seems a lot of people, including myself, have pretty much just given up completely and don't even have the energy to complain anymore.
Looking at the price drop ... the sales figures ... Sony and PD both know ... E3 around the corner ...

Expect new promises soon :sly: ...

"It's bad but he is just as bad/even worse" will never be a good defense, even if you're 7 on the school playground.

Yeah Forza 5 doesn't appear to be great (Not played it myself) but that doesn't mean peoples complaints with PD are any less valid.

Did'nt say I thought GT was bad, muppet

First of all there is no need to resort to petty insults, secondly you were obviously referring to those in this thread who had complaints about GT6 and thought it was bad, offering up the fact Forza 5 also has issues as if that made their complaints less valid. Or perhaps you were mentioning that for other reasons?

I feel like GT6 was a letdown. Where is the DLC stuff we were promised every two weeks? For crying out loud, we don't even have engine swapping available yet.

Back