The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
First of all there is no need to resort to petty insults, secondly you were obviously referring to those in this thread who had complaints about GT6 and thought it was bad, offering up the fact Forza 5 also has issues as if that made their complaints less valid. Or perhaps you were mentioning that for other reasons?
Ignore kollosson. If I remember correctly he showed up on this thread a while ago, argued with half the people here and left.

After spending a lot of time on GT5 & coming back to GT6, I have to say that the graphics are EYE-BLEEDINGLY-AWFUL! Specifically, I mean the amount of jaggies (aliasing), flickering & shimmering. I feel like I'm being poked in the eye! :ouch: I'm torn between loving the physics & hating the graphics, & having to go back to GT5 for my beloved Shuffle.

In GT5 the anti-aliasing was pretty much effective, most of the time & on most of the tracks. In GT6 it's not working very well at all, & it seems worse after the 1.05 update, I'm noticing slightly more on the cars as well as the tracks. What really confuses me is how the white lines on tracks like SSR5 looks solid, but how the grid slots on Spa are a flickering mess! So much inconsistency. I had a race online at Apricot Hill the other night, & the flickering/shimmering was so bad that I just couldn't take it anymore. I wish they'd sort it out. I'm guessing they won't & I'll just have to get used to it.

It reminds me of when GT4 came out & there was loads more jaggies in that compared to GT3. :(

@TokoTurismo - Try this; go back to GT5 & into the main options menu, then, under Demo set the first option to 90 Seconds, the second option to Max, & the third option to 1. Set all the music on & at 120 (except User BGM), & turn the replay sound effects down to 75. Now leave it on the main screen, don't go into GT Life, & watch the glorious eye candy demos. :drool: I've lost hours doing that! :dopey:

Then, after a few hours compare it with a GT6 replay. :ouch: All the flickering will make you feel like you're at a rave! :lol:

VBR
@TokoTurismo - Try this; go back to GT5 & into the main options menu, then, under Demo set the first option to 90 Seconds, the second option to Max, & the third option to 1. Set all the music on & at 120 (except User BGM), & turn the replay sound effects down to 75. Now leave it on the main screen, don't go into GT Life, & watch the glorious eye candy demos. :drool: I've lost hours doing that! :lol:

Then, after a few hours compare it with a GT6 replay. :ouch:
Cool. Okay. :) Although I'm gonna have to leave it on hold, because I. *Sighs* I deleted GT5 from my HDD... :ouch:

VBR
After spending a lot of time on GT5 & coming back to GT6, I have to say that the graphics are EYE-BLEEDINGLY-AWFUL!
I have notice that too I have been enjoying GT5 for a few days and then coming back to GT6 to do some time trials and some races. The graphics and as you said are EYE-BLEEDINGLY-AWFUL you got that so right so I save the game took the disc out of the PS3 put the disc in the draw and put GT5 in the PS3 and the graphics are so much better than 6 so I am staying on GT5 for good.

I didn't imply you did. :lol: I was just saying why GTPSP was. A prologue less Prologue'y than GT5P. :lol:
I personally think the "career" in GTPsp was more challenging then the one in GT6.
Challenge is the key for me.

GT PSP was less of a game than GT6 is. For some people a car and a track is enough but for others we need more 'game'. GT PSP and GT6 both fail hard on that.

Hahaha guys ... it should have been released April 2005; it released October 2009; it contained 800+ cars plus Cockpit view ... (even after 5 years ) ... people still love it today on PS-Vita ...

I haven't read as much discontent with GTPsp as I read here with GT6 ... go check the forums yourself ...

But I rest my case ... back on topic please lets whine about GT6 👍

I only have one complaint about GT6, it is useless for me, I can't do with it, what I did with GT5 for more than 3 years: racing and rallies championships.
In a word, GT6 is rubbish.
And I regret the time and money I have spent with it.
I am still playing GT5 since release day and that's a long time and then GT6 comes along and you play it for a few month and then you put GT6 away and play GT5 an that's tell you about GT6 the game.

I've come to post in this thread several times over the last few weeks, but I usually have to stop myself because "I'll regret posting this", or "I shouldn't say something like that about people", or "we're not allowed to use those words here."

We are now halfway through March. No features of significance added. No track DLC. One VGT. Somewhere between two and six cars depending on what you count the Red Bulls as, all basically paid advertising for their respective "manufacturers".

So, April then is it? ;)

P.S. I just got back from the F1, they sound glorious. Not loud, they're quieter than every other race car on the track, but the noise is very good.

Nope. June it is.

(PS: Glad that you like it. I enjoy the noise because it sounds like real, living machines. The V8 scream sounded like a dental drill to me, all these years).

I am still playing GT5 since release day and that's a long time and then GT6 comes along and you play it for a few month and then you put GT6 away and play GT5 an that's tell you about GT6 the game.

I bought FM2 for $3. It's awful compared to pretty much every other racing game I own, but between the nostalgic GT3 feel and the sense that I'm getting incredible value for money, I keep playing it. I mean, THREE DOLLARS!

If I'd bought GT6 for three dollars, I'd probably be pretty stoked with it right about now. Unfortunately not.

The little voice in the back of my head wonders how long until my FM2 drive time is longer than my GT6 drive time. There's something to be said for playing a game and not feeling like you're the developer's bitch. It's apparently not even about how good the game is, it's just about getting a sense of value and not feeling abused.

I would have thought I'd be more drawn to the game that is better quality, but there you go. I am apparently a fickle consumer.

Back