The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
OMG you know, you can actually change the setup of the car to make it BEAUTIFULLY BALANCED like in real life and since it is a very first export of the car (version 0.1) it might even improve IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

OMG you know, you can actually change the setup of the car to make it BEAUTIFULLY BALANCED like in real life and since it is a very first export of the car (version 0.1) it might even improve IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
This is not the first video that I see with heavy udersteering cars.

This is not the first video that I see with heavy udersteering cars.
We have a physics thread where you can talk about any concerns you might have, and also find some answers...
The biggest difference is currently in this stage of development that the tyres in LFS use far more adhesion than in pCARS, pCARS seems to be more on the deforming side of grip momentarily.
The way grip is generated by the tyres affects how the balance and weight is transferred by the car. So hopefully when we turn around things and going more towards adhesion grip (on some cars at least), things should fall into place and become more like LFS in terms of predictable handling.

Basically what it boils down to is that pCARS understeers far too much now, as they are basically running drag racer tyres (well not that dramatic) which also deform a lot and make the car go in a straight line.

The sound is like something from Shift 2, but still BETTER than GT6. The sound is just a placeholder along with everything else on this car right?

Any time you see a new car added to pCARS it's always a first export with nearly everything being placeholder/first pass. In fact there isn't one car that has had the final polish and considered finished yet. They're all going to keep getting better before release.

@Timppaq, I see the wind noise has also been implemented already 👍
You turned of the hands @ the wheel, or are they not implemented yet for this formula car?

Default settings or your own setup?

Own, but only changed the tires to r9 and aero I think F1 R18 (yeah lol). But the cockpit view is adjusted by me and I'd very much like to hear how you guys feel it's looking. Started to fiddle around with the tweakit (an app can adjust stuff with :P ) and really much liked the options regarding setting the driving cameras I found there. :)

Here's a little comparison. My old view on left and new on right.

and some tests about how some settings effect to the visually perceived bite (of the tires):

I turned the hands off :P (just goofing around with the tweaker..)

I know this is relatively old footage (over a year old, in fact), but if the AI behaved like that a year ago then I can't wait to see what they'll do when release finally comes around :drool:.

It's getting to the point where I don't really care about GT anymore. I can leave 1200 cars if it means I can have consistent quality regarding the visuals of them, good sounds, proper damage and ACTUAL racing in a game.

This is quickly becoming my most anticipated PS4 game. I just hope my DFGT works with it.

After seeing all this, this game makes me believe the game will relive the TOCA Race Driver games, I always played on PS2.
I was speaking to mates about the TOCA similarities the other day. Those games really brought true racing, and pCars looks to be a proper evolution of this.

Lovely!
Although I have to say... this version of Bathurst looks to be a little too wide at that top section. Doesn't look terrifying enough.

What part of SMS are not allowed to use any asset from NFS:S2 don't people get? The model of the circuit has been developed on it's own merit, for this game, and no others.

Ah yes, NFS:S2's Bathurst ASSET, when driving on it I became confused...
...thought I had been teleported to one of Midnight LA's freeways.

I don't get this "leaves everywhere". Looks wonky.
They are still tweaking it. The goal is to have the leaves only where they'd be in reality too.
It's quite practical to have them placed like they're now, simply for testing purposes.

EDIT: They look much better since today's build by the way.

Guys, please throw me some comments how to improve in your mind the cockpit cam / how this version looks. Would be much appreciated! How should your choice of cockpit cam work (in regards to G-forces etc)) Cheers! :)

@Timppaq -- I really like the vertical motion you've got going there, especially as you slam into uphill bits, like at Fuchsröhre. I've driven the real Nordschleife, and no game gives you a proper impression of that spot! 👍 It also does a good job of communicating the lumpy pavement. It could be distractingly shaky/wobbly on a car that's more softly sprung, but I'm not sure.

The longitudinal motion is alright, too. You can get a sense of braking without it being overdone. You might get away with increasing this one a smidgen.

I think I would prefer a little more lateral shift, to get a better sense of weight transfer and cornering forces.

Back