The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
There're even titanium plates bolted to the bottom of the F1 cars now to artificially create sparks from the good 'ol days. :lol:

Anyway, back to vids:

Man is it just me,or is that the first time this guy has driven a standard. I know the car in real life was a beast,but damn,does he redline that thing.

If a car is stick with no synchro's, I heel and toe. If the car has paddles I use paddles.

Being picky here but heel toe downshifts aren't for shifting a box without synchros, they are for rev matching the engine to road speed to take strain off the motor and clutch, and to help prevent compression lock up. If you're talking dog boxes, you don't need any special technique to downshift for the box's sake. If you're talking an actual non-synchro box, you have to double clutch to change gear. 👍

Edit: Link to Wikipedia on manual trnasmissions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_transmission
Link to Wikipedia on Non-Synchro Transmissions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-synchronous_transmission

Last edited:
As a huge F1 fan and open wheel being one of the things I was looking forward to most I can honestly say I'm VERY disappointed by the DRS and KERS systems not working properly. HUGE turnoff and is having me second guess getting the game. Most people won't care or will think it's just a minor detail, but to me it's not. This is supposed to be "realistic" correct? DRS open around an entire lap during a race is anything but. What a letdown.

From a competition standpoint no, it's not a big deal, everyone is the same. But from a simulation standpoint yes. It's a major simulation element of that particular car and if it's not accurate I don't want to drive it, especially if the inaccuracy is arcadish. For me sim racing involves a whole new mindset. I only want to use the cars the way they were designed to be driven in real life. If a car is stick with no synchro's, I heel and toe. If the car has paddles I use paddles.

Maybe it's just me though:sly:

I fail to see the "unrealistic" part in this. FA is a fictional series, it's not F1.
The car is based on a 2011 F1 car but the rules of the racing series are different.
You can use the KERS for ~7s per lap but it's your decision where and you can use DRS whenever you want to. It's not a bug, it's a design decision.

I fail to see the "unrealistic" part in this. FA is a fictional series, it's not F1.
The car is based on a 2011 F1 car but the rules of the racing series are different.
You can use the KERS for ~7s per lap but it's your decision where and you can use DRS whenever you want to. It's not a bug, it's a design decision.

I think the bug people are referring to is the AI seem to have the DRS open through almost every corner. In 2011 the DRS could be used freely in practice and quali in F1, but there weren't many corners the drivers would keep the wing open for. Really only the most open sweepers could be taken with DRS open (130R at Suzuka for example), and only in the good cars that had enough downforce to do so.

Assuming the Formula A is at the level of the best 2011 Formula One car, which would be the Red Bull, the car should be capable of taking some really open corners and kinks with DRS open. At the moment it seems to be able to take all but the tightest of turns with it open. It should be tweaked a bit so as to reduce the rear downforce more when it's open. Shouldn't be a major thing for them to fix.

Ah, OK. Then I misunderstood the posts above. I thought there was a general complaint that one could use the DRS system more often than IRL.

To give a short summary:
- AI at 95%
- AI is quite aggressive and uses every little opportunity to overtake you; sometimes they just crash into you
- probably no pit crew for release, will likely come as post release patch
- Formula A cars are very fragile (in a positive sense)
- not every detail of Formula 1 is simulated (not necessary to use both soft and hard compounds, DRS and KERS isn't lifelike to 100%, ...)
- if wheel to wheel contact happens, you will literally lift off (like in RL)
- in his opinion, Formula A is a little bit too easy to drive
Thanks for that! =]

Has anybody see a video with correct pitstops in the latest build. Only can find a few on Youtube but all of them are not perfect. They look like they still far from perfect animations.
Pitstop is one of my main factors for PC as I can't even finish Forza games because they lack real sim strategy and pitstop is one of the major requirements.

Has anybody see a video with correct pitstops in the latest build. Only can find a few on Youtube but all of them are not perfect. They look like they still far from perfect animations.
Pitstop is one of my main factors for PC as I can't even finish Forza games because they lack real sim strategy and pitstop is one of the major requirements.
Still far from perfect. Functionality wise they are ok. Probably will be patched in sooner than later, they are working on it behind the scenes.

I can live without the pit animation as long as the strategy is real. Unlike Forza which can fix an engine but not aero.

Last edited:
so when you have damage is it represented through the FFB? will we start getting strange vibrations and bumps through the wheel as a result of collisions? or tire flat spots?

Hi mate look at this video at the 15:25 mark and you'll see what i assume is the current pit stop animation.

I say 'assume' as the game is running at 60 fps and looks incredible! For sure with a patch things will be fixed as we go along....GTA5 was released with problems so everything will be good!! :)

^^^ That is the pirated version again Hammy. No where near current. Two ways to spot a pirate version. Lower left where lap time and ahead/behind is, is now transparent and a little larger. And the shift indicator circle now fills up all the way red instead of just outlining the circle.

^^^ That is the pirated version again Hammy. No where near current. Two ways to spot a pirate version. Lower left where lap time and ahead/behind is, is now transparent and a little larger. And the shift indicator circle now fills up all the way red instead of just outlining the circle.

Ok mate didn't realize.....Subtle differences no? Lol!!! Got this video from an Australian gaming website, not good that they show pirated versions of the game.....

Project CARS gameplay with graphics on ultra. The video is a race of two laps at Monaco circuit with the Formula A.

It seems that the AI performs the worst on this track, worse than everywhere I've seen. I don't like it at all. The AI cars are constantly avoiding to get anywhere near the barriers which you normally do in order to get the best line possible. And if they come close to the barriers, they are immediately dangling away from it kind of (as seen at the very last corner of the course, 1:23 or 2:43 in the video).
Could it be that there have been some issues with the AI randomly crashing into the walls? And to prevent that they simply put the racing line farer away? That could be a logical reason for me.
Anyway, the AI and its behaviour on track look quite good. The racing line, however, definitely needs further improvement.

so when you have damage is it represented through the FFB? will we start getting strange vibrations and bumps through the wheel as a result of collisions? or tire flat spots?

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that flatspots will come through the FFB. Which is amazing to be honest.

What I want to know is how do these people run pirated copies, put it on the YouTube channel and get away with it. It's like admitting they stole it. I'm not some goody goody but I wouldn't do that if I could. I see on YouTube all the time "key hacked project cars download". I guess I have enough respect for sms and know how hard they have worked on this. I know this happens all the time but it really crawls my @$$. I always leave some smart@$$ comment on there channel. I want to add I'm not perfect and have Done this in the past but would not do it now for any game. I've grown a consience in my old age! It's also the love I have for the game and the fact I want to contribute.

What I want to know is how do these people run pirated copies, put it on the YouTube channel and get away with it. It's like admitting they stole it. I'm not some goody goody but I wouldn't do that if I could. I see on YouTube all the time "key hacked project cars download". I guess I have enough respect for sms and know how hard they have worked on this. I know this happens all the time but it really crawls my @$$. I always leave some smart@$$ comment on there channel. I want to add I'm not perfect and have Done this in the past but would not do it now for any game. I've grown a consience in my old age! It's also the love I have for the game and the fact I want to contribute.

Some people just have no conscience, it would be great to see both the people providing the key and the ones using it, locked out from using the finished product.

Back