The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,763,041 views

Can't.....tell.....if....intended to sound as bad as it did.

🤬 it, I'm in far enough for this joke to be entirely worth it:

Twilight(boring).


You never know what kind of things she could have learned in those books.
And yes, I realize that's not what you meant when you said you wouldn't "do" Twilight(HUMANIZED).
 

Can't.....tell.....if....intended to sound as bad as it did.
Initially unintended. Then when I saw it, I changed the formatting bit to draw attention to it rather than reword it.

You never know what kind of things she could have learned in those books.
Now that you've dropped that bomb, you've completely lifted any worry off of my shoulders about looking weird. Long Ass Post™ to come be written.
 
This thread will never be the same again.


Well, until S2 comes along and we can all talk about that and aren't driven to stuff like this.



On topic:
Again, very, very suggestive, but it's all audio from the show.

I know I posted this recently, but it fits now more than ever.......*rereads last sentece*....Badum Tish

OK, I really am sorry for that. It wasn't even intentional and I feel sorry for it.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, too much Trixie, more Rarity plz.

Art of the Dress
[Applejack] Even if you simply have to fudge it
[Everypony] Make sure that it stays within our budget
[Rarity] Got to overcome intimidation

Right...
 
Last edited:
@Minty

That little quote from Bill at the end made my day. XD
 
Sometimes......I really, really hate T10....really, really badly.


It's like they've got a bunch of monkey's Snips & Snails operating their website.

I guess it's a good thing unit-one didn't stay up.

T10's website: Never fails to disappoint.
 
Rolling back further...what game? Google reveals little that seems to be of relevance.
 
Forza. It's Turn 10.

I'm uploaded 10 pictures just now, and the site went down....again. Actually, it seems to spend more time offline then it does on.

Worked fantastically for a few days this week, and now it's down. It seems to repeat once a week. 3 days on, 4 days off.
 
Oh, thankfully, the page has rolled over...

that was a lot of bloody noise back there...
 
I think we should determine "Cello or Double Bass" by going upside the heads of the morons who keep bringing the damn discussion up with each instrument.

A certain "Hindu-ish" book, just for "cultural references".
Oh god. There was actually a story where Luna sent Twilight that book as a prank.


Celestia, being several millennia old (or whatever), was prominently featured in it. Hilarity ensued.








Good god, I can't believe I'm doing this.

*sigh*

So, 'dem Ponies. Well, speaking strictly in terms of humanization (and I swear to god if anyone acts otherwise...):


If I had to choose one that I would be most comfortable with, it would be AJ. First of all, in real life she would almost certainly be able to beat the crap out of me, and that is kinda hot. Second of all (and most importantly), she is honest, loyal, trustworthy and independent. You can rely on her help up to and beyond her capability, and all she'd ask in return is the same from you. She's stubborn as hell, but so am I so we'd roll with it. Also, 'Dat Accent.



Trixie would work just as well (if not better) for close enough to the same reasons, but my only worry (and it is admittedly a fairly large, but nowhere near insurmountable, one) is that we'd be so close in personality that it would lead to more fights than anything. On the other hand, the things that we end up agreeing on we'd agree so much that we'd take on the world over it, so it could very well work so long as hot button issues never came up.



Now, this one is sure to ruffle some feathers (OMIGOD I just said that), but if you interpret Gilda as "extremely caustic short-tempered smartass" rather than just "total bitch," it could totally, absolutely work. With that interpretation, she's basically just my personality crossed with Dash's anyway, but without the impulsiveness. And I could totally, absolutely live with that. In some ways, she would be even more similar than Trixie is (and it might even work better than with her). I fear for the lives of those around us, but we would probably be happy as hell.



I think a Dash relationship would in theory work just as well as one with AJ, but my problem is that Dash is impulsive as hell almost all the time; which by itself is fine, but she's also crazy confrontational for the slightest of offenses. That would both be beneficial and bad, but I imagine it would swing towards the latter more often than not because of who I am (a.k.a. the same way). I'd also imagine that we wouldn't share that much in the way of interests, though I'd love it if we did. It also almost seems like Dash would feel more comfortable going off-and-on with almost anyone she was attracted to, and people like Dash generally aren't attracted to people built like linebackers in the first place.




Hell, for that matter, I knew several people who were almost exactly like Twilight, and even dated one of them in high school oh so many years ago. That didn't work out because of something you're out of your damn minds if you think I will mention here, but I like to think that it could have under different circumstances. The main problem with Twilight is that when she's not being adorably naive she's about as exciting as a sponge.



Everyone else is No Just No. In my experience, people like Rarity, if you can get their attention, are generally helpful and wonderful friends. But it requires so much effort to even get the time of day from them that I generally just can't stand them. I happily enjoy the company of people like Pinkie; but only in small doses or under the right circumstances, so putting up with her all the time would be out of the question. And people like Fluttershy absolutely infuriate me 9 times out of 10. I cannot stand that level of indecisiveness and lack of gumption. In particular, I occasionally need someone to snap me out of being an asshole, and I have no reason to believe Fluttershy would do it. Kindness to a fault, really.
 
Last edited:
I think we should determine "Cello or Double Bass" by going upside the heads of the morons who keep bringing the damn discussion up with each instrument.

See Allegrezza: DA Chapter 4/EDaily Chapter 2 for in-reference. :D

Anyways, work tomorrow. I've done well on the fanfic front today. Night all you crazy bronies, I'll expect a tsunami of posts after I leave:
sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png
 
Oh, so were playing it like that now?

Well, since My Forza is down I might as well.
Not sure how long it'll take, but I'm working on it now.

And is R63 allowed? Because if Big Mac's personality were in a hot chick I could go for that. As the only problem is I'm not a huge fan of male genitalia.Sorry, I just like using that word.
Rule63
For any given male character, there is a female version of that character.

Basically a human version of this:
tumblr_lnnqzgzxzt1qjmjvko1_500-jpg.6879

Because then I might change my choice to this instead.

You know what.....I'm doing it anyway.

You thought this was a touchy subject before? Well I just drug rule 63 into it.

 
Oh, so were playing it like that now?
...


Wait, what!?


How did what I say lead to Rule #63 being dragged into this? I legitimately want to know so I never say anything like it again. I'll even go back and pull it out of my post.
 

How did what I say lead to Rule #63 being dragged into this? I legitimately want to know so I never say anything like it again. I'll even go back and pull it out of my post.

That part wasn't related, I was more referring the paragraph for each character.
Sorry for the mix up.

And I changed my mind about the R63 thing anyway. No matter how I look at it it just doesn't feel right.
 
I think we should determine "Cello or Double Bass" by going upside the heads of the morons who keep bringing the damn discussion up with each instrument.

That was actually quite interesting, almost slipped by

Oh god. There was actually a story where Luna sent Twilight that book as a prank.


Celestia, being several millennia old (or whatever), was prominently featured in it. Hilarity ensued.




Now I'm a bit interested in that story, specially if Celestia is there.


Any men with its 6 sense would not pick Rarity(unless is a massive idiot, or a very wealthy-empty person), Fluttershy in the other hand could be someone that will be nice to talk about, pure cookie talk, but in a sort of way that it works, people just sees Fluttershy as someone to protect, and I guess that her vulnerability is somewhat appealing(not that I'm that sort of heavy weapons guy, but still I find that kind of personality really cute).

My experience with AJ is what you can consider as "one neigh stand", this perception and experience differs from person to person, but AJ is not someone that can be matched, unless you have a strong character, otherwise you will end up fighting, and fighting, and fighting...

Trixie, nah, similar problems to the ones from Rarity.

Gilda, not sure about her demeanour, is something that I cant keep up with.

Twilight bores me, someone like her is just extremely, extremely boring.

Pinkie, as interesting as she is, someone like me will just bore her, as it did.


Dammit, why I'm writing this?


Soup-opera , pic:
131422683428.png


Zat is all.
 
So I just read Heart of gold, Feathers of steel in one go.

Its 1am and that is normally not a problem, but I'm going to Denmark tomorrow today and I need to be up at 5am.
And I'm probably not going to sleep right now.

Ponies, you are more important than me actually sleeping.



As for the story it was good...

Sorry, I can't do the whole review thing you guys do. :lol:
 
So I just read Heart of gold, Feathers of steel in one go.

Its 1am and that is normally not a problem, but I'm going to Denmark tomorrow today and I need to be up at 5am.
And I'm probably not going to sleep right now.

Ponies, you are more important than me actually sleeping.



As for the story it was good...

Sorry, I can't do the whole review thing you guys do. :lol:

I seriously need to read that fic, is not that important anymore, but it probably has some meaning.
 
Last edited:

I still don't get what you mean...

We were just kind of discussing it in minor detail, but then you went and analyzed how you'd match up with each of them individually. That's what I meant when I said "playing it like that".


Rule 63 was just a random thought that popped into my head, it had nothing to do with what you said. And it sounded alright at first, but still felt weird no matter how I tried to wrap my head around it.

EDIT:





Twilight Sparkle: I love her voice, her hair, and even when she's not doing the whole "adorable naivety" thing I still love her personality. She's perfectly comfortable sitting inside alone all day, but she can still keep herself together in social situations. And I really can't think of any downsides to that relationship. Even when she's being her normal self she seems fun. She also seems to back up almost everything she says with logic, so it's not like I'd have my usual problem. Nothing has ever infuriated me more than people who insist they know better, people who, no matter what evidence is proposed to them, will believe only what they want to believe, and knowing Twilight always checks her facts we'd never have that problem. I really can't think of anything at all that would come between me and Twilight. She's just as much like me as Big Mac is, only in different ways. Ways that are actually better for a relationship, actually.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I might as well not bother. I'm far too weak, slow, and lazy for her type. She seems more like the kind of girl that would get with a slightly and very submissive jogger or something. I refer you too that whole "nothing infuriates me more" sentence from what I said about Twilight. We'd get into arguments, really big arguments, and I'd probably cower in the corner for a little while after each one, because I know RD could whoop my ass, and is by far the most likely to do so. I'd bore her, and she'd probably end up causing me a lot of physical pain.

Trixie: She seems like she's nice, but she's still just too arrogant(Pulling some TBoTS Fanon). I just don't really see that working out. I'm still just not a fan of arrogance. I mean, as a friend she'd be nice because I'd only have to deal with the arrogance once in a while. I actually have a few friends who are almost identical to her. They're arrogant as hell, but I can stand them as long as I know it'll be over before the days end. But with Trixie I don't think I could put up with that night and day. That said, she could surprise me. Maybe when she's comfortable enough with someone she'd eventually just show her vulnerable side and she'd be really pleasant to be around. Maybe deep down she's just really nice but overcompensates by being really arrogant around most people. But there's no way to know for sure, so I'd give it a try with her, but no telling if it would work out.

Gilda: Me-"No officer, I don't know how that brake fluid got all over my knife." It would not end well....

Fluttershy: She seems like she'd be fun at first, but after a while she would just become really boring. "Oh, hey look, another butterfly landed on your head...". There's really not much personality there. I'm not the kind of person to fly off the handle whenever I don't have anyone to keep me in check, but it's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of, who won't just give up as soon as you challenge them. She'd just be adorable as hell, but that can only get so far in a relationship. I can't really think of anything at all she would have to contribute.

Rarity: I feel like she wouldn't be that bad. If you're already into fashion, that is. She can hold her own, and seems to be looking for someone classy, so the only people who would have a successful relationship with her are people who are just as obsessed with high-class as she is. That's not to say she's shallow, but she'd just get along better with someone more like her. The guy wearing a $40,000 Rolex with an Armani Tux and an Aston Martin who still stops to help the common person when they need it. And I'm not the kind of guy she'd be into, and she's not the kind of girl I'd be into. It just wouldn't work. She'd annoy me by making me try new fashions, and I would bore her by not obliging as often as she'd like. But there are people out there who would legitimately enjoy her company.

Applejack: I feel like I'm just way to lazy for her. Then again, with the amount of work she does on her own that would suit my laziness perfectly. But I just can't see us having anything at all in common. I love that accent, the hair, and the fact she could beat me up if it ever came to that, but there's just no personality connection as far as I can tell. It'd basically be her busy all day, me keeping the house in check, and then we'd both go to bed, wake up in the morning and do it all again. I just feel like we'd bore each other.

Pinkie Pie: .....no....just no. She's a very nice person, but she's way too hyper for my tastes. Not to mention I really don't like pink hair, so that would just bug the 🤬 out of me all the time. It wouldn't be a reason to end a relationship, but that combined with the lack of a personality connection, her general ability to bug the 🤬 out of even the most level headed person just make the whole thing a no-go. She needs someone eqully as hyper as her, otherwise she'll just get bored and move on.





Disclaimer: Any and all implications that I have any feelings of a sexual nature toward cartoon ponies were purely accidental. All of the above text is only referencing the possibilities if the pony's looks and personality were incorporated into a human being.

By quoting this comment you agree to have read and understood the disclaimer.
 
Last edited:
tl;dr: "I'd like to spend my time with someone like Twilight, because everyone else would beat me up."







:lol:





Also, [#f2f3ed] is the post background color code for future reference.






Edit: My apologies, but the setup for this is too rare/perfect to ignore:

Disclaimer: Any and all implications that I have any feelings of a sexual nature toward cartoon ponies were purely accidental. All of the above text is only referencing the possibilities if the pony's looks and personality were incorporated into a human being.
Stop clopping to horses, bro!
 
Last edited:
So we're talking about what humanized ponies we'd be with?

I’m going to kick myself in the morning after staying up late to make a post on this matter, but this has actually got me thinking in-depth about what humanised ponies I would like to be with, as well as steer clear of.


Anyway, my post is being constructed right now.
 
ok pics:

Zecora could be a way more interesting character:
131420278547.png


Celestia, always playing The Game:
131422906008.png


Best pair ever:
131422889983.png



Now I understand why is called Do You Really Want to Know.
:lol:

Twilight:
The title is in Old Equuish, but I believe it translates as "Pony Sutra, the Art of Friendship." As you can imagine, I am quite excited! Ancient research into the magic of friendship could shed so much light on my own findings and on the differences in the ways ponies have viewed friendship throughout the ages!

That was brilliant, all of it, specially the ending.



That is all, for now.
(*keeps losing it*)
 
Last edited:
Stop clopping to horses, bro!

I don't clop to horses....that would just be weird.



Anyway, new phone wallpaper.
twilight_grrface_by_sonicrainboom93-d47mkmm.png


There needs to be another "ultra-badass" moment for Twilight in season 2.
 
Last edited:
Back