The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,371 comments
  • 3,762,380 views
I see a lot of potential in that story, and I agree ED is full of idiots who doesn't appreciate good things.

Remember "A blue dove for the princess" or the "Demon of Razgriz" tale, you can arrange this story like one of those tales, since you support it with images it could make a really nice book, like a well illustrated PDF organised like a book, that might work nicely. It could divert from "common story", that is why I think is a good idea.

Thank you.
I haven't played those games in ages... I miss them so much =(


I actually want to use "Shattered Skies" as a title if I ever write a fanfic, there is something about that title that makes it special, I don't know why.

I changed "Shattered Skies" in to "Shattered Dreams" for part 2.


EDIT:
At least 3 people supported the idea of this story being on ED...


...I have to go. It's late and I have day shift tomorrow at work
night_pony_by_unitoone-d3raxii.png
 
Who is this Nick?
Nicknack

And what the buck could you possibly find 4000 words to write about?
I tend to turn on my detached "I'm in English Lit Class Right Now" mode of speaking when I find stories that I really like.

Since Heart of Gold has restarted, I've written 4 comments. I've smacked hard into the comment length limit 3 of those 4 times, including one time where I was pissed off at the amount of time I spent trying to make it fit so I ended up just junking half of the comment instead of trying to trim it down.
 
Oh God, I only celebrated 2000 views last night at six, and now I've amassed almost 200 views since then. D:

I'm not going to have as much time as I thought for my 3K present, if this keeps up.

But yeh, Allegrezza was received well. Time for a celebratory TF2 session.
 
I have an idea, I'll do some stuff and I will leave the computer on, that will work.

Allegrezza thoughts afterwards, but I tell you, it was pretty good CoffeeGrunt.

Apart from that, Vinyl Scratch+Ocatvia:


(*Follows Rick Stein recommendations and goes with Pumpkin Ravioli with sage butter, haven't cook anything in a while, and I have the ingredients for that.*)
 
Glad to hear. I like how I can do ten minutes research, and everyone believes I'm knowledged in alcohol. :3

I assumed that you did a little research on alcoholic beverages before writing up the first 3 parts of your story.


Huh, I didn't realise the writer behind Two Beats also wrote Heart of Gold until now. I haven't really considered giving HoG a look, but the fact that I enjoyed Two Beats makes me want to check out part 1 of HoG some time soon.
 
Allegrezza thoughts afterwards, but I tell you, it was pretty good CoffeeGrunt.
Apart from that, Vinyl Scratch+Ocatvia:
*Smugshy*

Yeh, I suppose. Also, I've deliberately written abrupt chapter endings in to keep them interested...and it's appearing to work. :D

I assumed that you did a little research on alcoholic beverages before writing up the first 3 parts of your story.

Not much more than what I actually drink, but my dad's something of a whiskey elitist, so I drew a few ideas from him.
 
Huh, I didn't realise the writer behind Two Beats also wrote Heart of Gold until now. I haven't really considered giving HoG a look, but the fact that I enjoyed Two Beats makes me want to check out part 1 of HoG some time soon.
I'm not going to lie: The only reason I read Two Beats is because Nicknack wrote it.


I'm not proud of that fact, but it is what it is.
 
^I do that. Authors are like brand names. Hence why I haven't read Ganon's new fic, he's become a failing brand in my eyes, after Mares and Magic at least. The Sony of pony writing.

But I see Esper Derek's name on something, then I am bucking reading that crap like there's no tomorrow!
 
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-pony-icons.jpg

I haven't seen these before.
I remember an almost identical set that was made for Mac-only programs, but I don't remember these. And does anyone know if there's a way to download them individually?
If not cutting them out manually should be easy.

Oh, and I learned something, when you've got time to watch just one episode of a certain show you recently started to love, make sure it isn't the first of a 2 prater:grumpy:







 
Last edited:
I've seen those before, actually. They might be on Ponibooru.


^I do that. Authors are like brand names. Hence why I haven't read Ganon's new fic, he's become a failing brand in my eyes, after Mares and Magic at least. The Sony of pony writing.

But I see Esper Derek's name on something, then I am bucking reading that crap like there's no tomorrow!
Its worse than that. I've no problem with not giving Ganon's new story the time of day until it is proven, and I'm holding off reading it for the same reason. And I will leap at the chance to read anything written by some authors (for example, Jetfire).

But Two Beats was the one that Seth screwed up the page image for, and I was just going to make a joke about that and then leave. It was an OC Pony story, and as massively hypocritical as it is for me to say this, it was one that didn't interest me in the slightest.



Then: "Author: Nicknack." He wrote it while he was working through Heart of Gold writer's block, so I dropped everything and read it.

Makes me feel like an asshole, but I really can't help it.
 
Oh, the joys of being able to use a reaction picture in a thread outside of this one.
 
^That would be the second pony reaction image to be posted in the GT5 section today (the other being an RD Shrugpony image posted by a non-brony).

But Two Beats was the one that Seth screwed up the page image for, and I was just going to make a joke about that and then leave. It was an OC Pony story, and as massively hypocritical as it is for me to say this, it was one that didn't interest me in the slightest.

I may not class it as one of the best fanfics I've read, but I dunno. I happened to think that Two Beats was an interesting story, although whether or not you like it is down to personal taste really. I just seem to find stories which contain gritty realism enjoyable to read.


Also:
53710%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Amohawk_brony%20rainbow_dash%20shipping.png


One word....wow :eek:
 
Last edited:
I may not class it as one of the best fanfics I've read, but I dunno. I happened to think that Two Beats was an interesting story, although whether or not you like it is down to personal taste really. I just seem to find stories which contain gritty realism enjoyable to read.
I was speaking in terms of before I read it. Basically, what I thought of the story before I saw that Nick Nack wrote it, based on the given Description, was that I wouldn't care for it.




After I actually read it I loved it.
 
I don't see how that makes you a bad person, but nevermind.
 
You guys make an actual interesting mention in which I cant participate.

CoffeeGrunt have you read Two Beats?
 
I was speaking in terms of before I read it.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Honestly, given the description of Two Beats on EqD, if I had seen that story before you mentioned it in this thread, I probably would have read it anyway.
 
Nope, should I? What's it about?

I prefer heart-warming stuff anyway, especially to write.
 
I'm not sure, and there are good reasons behind it, lots of reasons.

Its good? yes is good.
Its adequate? No, it doesn't fit the MLP universe, not at all.

In fact, I tracked down its source and trust me, it doesn't have anything to do with the MLP universe.
 
I don't see how that makes you a bad person, but nevermind.
Because I'm a hypocrite, mostly.

Nope, should I? What's it about?
Dreams versus Responsibilities.

And heartwarming it is decidedly not. It is also only vaguely Pony related, mostly out of convenience in writing it rather than anything else. A lot more Pony-like than any of those Noir stories are, but not by that much.










Anyways, Allegrezza.

This chapter was a lot stronger than the second, perhaps even better than the first. Dialog was still playful and natural to read, and the non-dialog parts were much more thorough than they were in the last chapter (though I still think a bit of improvement could be made in that regard). Lots of nice little jokes in there, and I got a good chuckle out of the chicken wire gag, which I understood immediately.

I also laughed for real when Octavia kept getting put off by the "Ew, Gay" vibes she was getting from the bartender, though I think my reasoning for finding it so funny was far detached from what the actual joke was.

All in all, a nice step back up from Chapter 2, which I had found to be a bit lacking.
 
Dreams versus Responsibilities.

And heartwarming it is decidedly not. It is also only vaguely Pony related, mostly out of convenience in writing it rather than anything else. A lot more Pony-like than any of those Noir stories are, but not by that much.

Eck...I'll pass then.

Anyways, Allegrezza.

Not sure what your "Ew Gay" motivation was, but glad you liked it.

It was more fun to write the dialogue here, because the characters are familiar with each other now, and leading them on not-dates is pretty fun. It's difficult to nail it, the descriptives of the club were a bit vague...which irritated me, but I couldn't properly envision the place, sadly.

Chicken wire gag is an oh-so vague nod to the Blues Brothers, but in general as well. I like two-layered jokes.
 
I would suggest giving Heart of Gold a shot (the original story is fairly short), but I'm doubtful you've changed you "No Gilda" stance.

Not sure what your "Ew Gay" motivation was, but glad you liked it.
*Octavia being put off by the vibes she was getting from the bartender, with the story implying he was stereotypically effeminate*
*Octavia is the main character in a FiM Shipping story, where almost everyone is gay as a rule*
Basically, I found the meta part of the joke hilarious, even though it probably wasn't intentional (or existent).



Chicken wire gag is an oh-so vague nod to the Blues Brothers, but in general as well. I like two-layered jokes.
I figured it was, but I wasn't quite sure. Mostly because I wouldn't bet money on your typical Englishman having ever even heard of that movie before.
 
Last edited:
Proud to be irish:
In fact i'm so proud I used an Irish song for this PMV (If you played GT5 you might be familar with the Artist)


I think you guys will like it and I think I finally got the intro right on a PMV
Also this is my 4th (if you include the SR3 one) PMV that I have made!
 
*Octavia being put off by the vibes she was getting from the bartender, with the story implying he was stereotypically effeminate*
*Octavia is the main character in a FiM Shipping story, where almost everyone is gay as a rule*

Ahhh, fair enough. Considering she herself...is gay. Well...they always say it's the ones who call everyone else gay that're gay themselves.

Also, I love The Blues Brothers, it's a genius piece of film.
 
I'm really sorry Unit, but someone just drew a badass ONI Rarity on my suggestion. I might put it on to freshen up the post when I release the next chapter:
rarity_oni_agent_with_glasses_by_xeno_scorpion_alien-d48veat.png


In other news, Microsoft have confirmed that the new Halo trilogy will take the delicate yet vast canon it has already, and take a massive 🤬 all over it.

So I'm posting a notice that if anyone asks for Halo 4, 5, or 6 canon references, then they should just die.
 
53759%20-%20Angry_applejack%20applejack%20meme%20punching%20rainbow_dash%20spitfire.png


Housekeeping time:

Bad news Mint. The Ask Twilight blog is going to be severely pared back because the author is having time problems with school. The being said, they put together a fantastically in-character apology for it.




I'm amazed that some of these guys have the balls to ask John Joseco to draw some of this stuff. Most of the end results are hilarious, but still. I know I couldn't do it.

Speaking of:

53757%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20crying%20fluttershy%20gilda.jpg


Too bad I cannot imagine any scenario whatsoever where that would actually happen, unless the story was fantastically poorly written.


Speaking of Gilda, Nick Nack answered the question that had been worrying me ever since Summer Flames started, and now I'm even more pent up with anticipation for future chapters than I was before.






Edit: Shipping, much like Winter Wrap Up, is Serious Business.
 
Last edited:
My face when, now being a semi-successful VinylTavia writer, I must vehemently defend my right to ship them in a comic's comments section, while Hanz Zimmer supplies epically fitting music courtesy of the Crysis 2 soundtrack:

/Edit/

I switched over to Tridyrium's remixes of the Halo Reach soundtrack...there isn't a face for the emotions I'm feeling. Y'know GMod, when they put the sliders to full, and the faces glitch? My face is doing exactly that now.

/Edit2/

And now my face is sleep:
sleeping_lyra_by_bronyontheway-d42e7md.png


*Checks off Allegrezza 3 on the list of fics released in the hiatus between Ballad 13 and 14.* :D
 
Last edited:
So it starts, at least she enter into the chat, that means something.
 
Excuse me while I fix my D'awww-O-Meter, it appears to have broken:
53767%20-%20DJ_P0n-3%20artist%3Avalcron%20filly%20vinyl_scratch%20wallpaper.png


Yeah, the nose looks odd, but that doesn't change a bloody thing. I'm still busy trying to glue my D'awww-O-Meter back together after seeing that.
 
Back