The Watch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Silverzone
  • 1,456 comments
My current watch is this old, Blue Angels watch. I've owned it for few years and I still have not replaced that battery! Yesssssssss!
I just want to let you guys know, I still am wearing the same watch. I did have a new battery put in though.

400x400t2g521qf3.jpg

This Timex is almost two years old - And getting a bit worn. Still works perfectly, but the red trim around the straps and the white stitching is pretty dark - But has held up well considering I wear it every day, and only take it off when I'm going in the water (swimming/shower, etc), as it takes a while for the leather strap to dry.

A metal strap watch isn't practical for me - I'm an electrician, and the leather strap decreases the risk of shock versus a metal band when I'm working with live stuff.

Meh, it was a gift. I'd probably never put more than $400 into getting a watch for regular use
...I just bought a $800 movado for day to day use... how the times have changed.

Oh, and I also have an old Citizen that I use for if I REALLY want to slum down in shorts and a t-shirt. The movado is much classier when it comes to jeans or business-wear

Here's my current watch. Nothing special in terms of the brand or quality but it looks good. I would like to buy a high quality watch in the near future though. It just feels good when your wearing a flash watch...

policehp0.jpg
- that photo doesnt really do the watch justice

Thats the watch i currently wear, brought for me a few years back now by an ex girlfriend.

Still resisting the impulse to buy the Tag Heuer Monaco ive wanted for so many years though.

Spec....

haha I've wanted a G-Shock for some years now. Why I didn't get one earlier on is beyond me. My previous watch was a Timex Expedition Digital Compass. I loved it (was my third). Anyway, I love the features of the G-Shock. Very easy to set. I like the Mud Man G-Shocks and am thinking that will be my next watch, although it won't be for a while. My current G-Shock has a 10 year battery. :dopey:

By the way, is there a trick to making resin bands last? Namely, the clasp (I guess that is what it is - the little rubber piece that slides over the overlapped band). That is the only thing that ever wears out on resin bands for me. I like resin the best, but that little clasp always wears out on me. This one looks a little beefier than my previous watches with resin bands, but I expect it to go up eventually.

guc053.jpg
Not exactly the same but close as I found in a 2 min internet search.

I have a Rado, which is an expensive Swiss made watch. It is scratchproof on the head of the watch (to a lot of things - but sandpaper can still scratch it). It also has little diamonds on the inside. Very nice watch - but I don't wear it that much.

I need to find a watch that I can wear for everyday things.

Pictures of what it looks like.

You might know my taste for loud colours from time to time, so this is kind of fitting. This watch is such a crazy conversation starter, you wouldn't even believe. I get comments on a daily basis.

101-2.jpg

This is the only thing I wear sometimes, which resembles a watch.

Attachments

• DSCN1278 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1278 (Medium).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 17
I wear an iPhone. :D

But, anyway, I have a Citizen watch that looks just like this Rolex:

I'd get one of these if I was ballin':

I wear a cruddy Timex. Somebody threw it at me during a Phys. Ed. class, but it was waterproof, so I use it now. The person scratched out the lens and broke the Indiglo feature, but it is in otherwise working condition.

My first watch was worth $2.33, and it still works today! The strap is beyond repair, however.

I just got myself a brand new Timex Indiglo for my birthday, it does the job.

I had an awesome Festina with blue leather bracelet, but I got mugged and it was stolen about 4 years ago. It's hard to fight 2 guys when you're drunk... Crap, I loved that watch.

I have a Rado, which is a Swiss made watch. It is scratchproof on the head of the watch (to a lot of things - but sandpaper can still scratch it). It also has little diamonds on the inside. Very nice watch - but I don't wear it that much.

I need to find a watch that I can wear for everyday things.

Seiko Diver's Automatic 200m:

SKX781.jpg

I do have another watch from Acurist, but that's a little harder to track down...

Back