Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Happy New year :cheers:

My setup below for monza with the Nissan . This track is not easy at all.
For the gearbox i found it on the NET, I just adapt the final speed for this track

upload_2021-1-6_0-52-17.png

upload_2021-1-6_0-49-52.png

This thread is getting very quiet lately :lol:

Going back in time a bit, just want people's opinions. This person just followed me the other day, so out of curiosity I checked out her channel. She claims to have beaten Igor Fraga's WR in the Mazda RXV Spa TT, even though she's not on the leaderboards. Thing is, her lap doesn't look that tidy (some oversteer moments out of corners, also not using the whole width of road in a few places). She never does any Sport mode races on kudosprime so I have no bearing of reference. What do people think? Legit or is there some weird thing going on? I'm not at a high enough level to know if the car is slightly tuned just from watching replay alone. Tyres are the same, but that could be video edited because the HUD is static. Car performance looks the same to me but I can't gather how she gets a faster time.

She also has other videos where she beats Miyazono's time in the Super Formula at Suzuka...

Last edited:

Going back in time a bit, just want people's opinions. This person just followed me the other day, so out of curiosity I checked out her channel. She claims to have beaten Igor Fraga's WR in the Mazda RXV Spa TT, even though she's not on the leaderboards. Thing is, her lap doesn't look that tidy (some oversteer moments out of corners, also not using the whole width of road in a few places). She never does any Sport mode races on kudosprime so I have no bearing of reference. What do people think? Legit or is there some weird thing going on? I'm not at a high enough level to know if the car is slightly tuned just from watching replay alone. Tyres are the same, but that could be video edited because the HUD is static. Car performance looks the same to me but I can't gather how she gets a faster time.

She also has other videos where she beats Miyazono's time in the Super Formula at Suzuka...

Not sure about the tune, but throttle control seems odd? Its like shes using some tcs? Maybe this is AI driving??

Hi mate, had a few days off, but as usual afterwards the work goes off... :lol:

Also, I'm struggeling with the Monza-TT. Until the first chicane I'm in front of the top ghost, but after this I loose time until the Parabolica, then I gain time. I tried everything, but nothing helped. :confused:

Maybe I reached my limit...

The video you posted seems a little bit strange.... but I can't say why, only a feeling. I think @sdi_03 is right. He is a top driver and can decide if the displays are odd.

Look at the throttle bar on hud. It flickrers odd, and the engine note follows it, so definetly superhuman behavoiur.
Like there is some tcs built in on the pedal. Game tcs is off.
Look at the steering wheel. Look at the movements of the car (jerking while turning).

She's using face buttons. Not a steering wheel, not even analog sticks...FACE BUTTONS?!? :eek::eek::eek:

That's the only explanation I have for the "superhuman" behaviour on the throttle, because GT Sport's throttle/brake input is smoothened out, so the on/off behaviour of the DS4's face buttons is what makes it look like that.

Absolutely amazing.

On another note, I'd just like to state that I've managed to post the fastest times for Croatia in both of the previous Time Trials (Scirrocco & Gr.1 R92CP)... I should've taken a screenshot of the times...kicking myself for forgetting it. :ouch:

Dear PD, could you clean wall riders from the BB TT? Thank you :cheers:

I just dont get it, why cheat? :banghead:
You mean, literally everyone? :lol: It's like a half a second difference per lap, I succumbed to the temptation and jumped 1500 places by hitting the wall...:boggled: Even that requires a certain technique... Time trials on ovals are (IMO) kinda stupid anyway.

Funnily enough, I got the "King of the ovals" trophy while driving. :eek: I drove for so long on the ovals with the Tomahawk in the past, I was sure the trophy was bugged...I had given up on it...and then it just pops up...so that's one good thing that came outta this mess.

Last edited:
You mean, literally everyone? :lol: It's like a half a second difference per lap, I succumbed to the temptation and jumped 1500 places by hitting the wall...:boggled: Even that requires a certain technique... Time trials on ovals are (IMO) kinda stupid anyway.

Funnily enough, I got the "King of the ovals" trophy while driving. :eek: I drove for so long on the ovals with the Tomahawk in the past, I was sure the trophy was bugged...I had given up on it...and then it just pops up...so that's one good thing that came outta this mess.
My 0:42.934 is clean and there was clean .8 laps. Optimum for me was .845.
So its possible to to be fast and clean.
really hope that the wall bangers will be deleted from the list.

My 0:42.934 is clean and there was clean .8 laps. Optimum for me was .845.
So its possible to to be fast and clean.
really hope that the wall bangers will be deleted from the list.
Yeah I hope so too, it's only fair... Hopefully this could help the devs improve the penalty system. I do remember a time trial in the Taycan in Tokyo a long time ago...people wallgrinded that as well, but I can't remember if they removed those times or not.

All the fastest times are those that crash into red wall on first turn without getting a penalty. I touch it and get a penalty. Why are those other drivers exempt? I'm baffled. Take a look!
The trick is to hit the wall and not grind on it at all. Just sorta bounce off and the game ignores it, but you do need to brake a bit before the turn.

I'm not saying you should do that, I'm just explaining how to do it. :rolleyes:

Not sure about the tune, but throttle control seems odd? Its like shes using some tcs? Maybe this is AI driving??

The video you posted seems a little bit strange.... but I can't say why, only a feeling. I think @sdi_03 is right. He is a top driver and can decide if the displays are odd.

Look at the steering wheel. Look at the movements of the car (jerking while turning).

She's using face buttons. Not a steering wheel, not even analog sticks...FACE BUTTONS?!? :eek::eek::eek:

That's the only explanation I have for the "superhuman" behaviour on the throttle, because GT Sport's throttle/brake input is smoothened out, so the on/off behaviour of the DS4's face buttons is what makes it look like that.

Absolutely amazing.

Thanks for the input guys, I agree it feels like something odd is going on, but I just can't figure out why. If she is really using X/[] that makes it even more remarkable.

I did some closer analysis on the replays, comparing her corner speeds to Fraga and Miyazono replays (1st and 2nd in TT):

Laptimes
Fraga 2.16.101
Miyazono 2.16.264
Sofia 2.15.826

Min apex speed unless otherwise noted (Fraga and Miyazono are in mph, Sofia is in kmh but I converted to mph in brackets)
La source - 41/42/72(44.7)
Eau rouge top exit kerb end - 151/150/243(151)
Les combes 1 - 78/76/123(76.4)
Bruxelles - 59/58/99(61.5)
No name - 84/87/134(83.2)
Pouhon - 108/108/185(115)
Fagnes 1 - 79/80/127(79)
Fagnes 2 - 86/87/137(85)
Stavelot 1 - 74/75/116(72)
Blanchimont exit kerb end - 156/156/250(155.3)
Chicane 1 - 46/45/64(39.7)
Chicane 2 - 42/41/67(41.6)

Fraga and Miyazono are both very close, only 1-2 mph difference (except for No Name, where Miyazono just crushed it). Meanwhile Sofia is all over the place, much slower in some corners, much faster in others (Pouhon she is 7 mph faster, but the chicane she is 6 mph slower).

Also comparing her TV camera replay to Fraga, she doesn't use the whole road width in a lot of places (most obvious on entry to Pouhon, Blanchimont and the chicane). She also missed the apex of Fagnes 1 completely. But even with unoptimal racing lines, she still holds the same or even higher speed than Fraga :odd:

If I have to guess, probably she used RM or RS and then tried to adjust her speed to match Fraga and *just* make it seem like she beat him. The video is highly edited and it's quite easy to swap out the HUD tyre indicator because its static. If she's driving in arcade mode TT, Track Edge Grip is also set to Low there. It just seems odd that if she's that fast, she doesn't prove it by doing the TT during the actual event where the settings are locked.

I'm not dissing on female players btw, there is a very fast women racing in Oceania who got into world finals (emreeree). I'm also not dissing pad players, because there is a Japanese player who regularly gets top spot in daily race leaderboards with a pad (sirvia). I think sofia is a very good player, I'm just doubting that she is 0.3 sec faster than Fraga with the same settings, and there are enough oddities in the video to make it doubtful.

Anyway, probably an overkill analysis. But this week's TT is so dull I have nothing better to do :lol:

Hi everyone, if someone is interested here's my tune for the Red-Bull-Ring TT, currently a 1:56,335 but still improving and learning the breakpoints. :lol:

BB - 1
145 100
1,75 1,85
10 8
60 63
90 93
2,0 1,0
toe out 0,40 toe in 0,20

Not quite sure about the gears but I think
Final to 5,000
Max speed to min
Final to 4,820

Have fun... :cheers:

@LeGeNd-1: You need a new hobby mate... :lol: :cheers:

Just my 2 cents on this: If she is so fast, then why isn't she on the leaderboards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, if someone is interested here's my tune for the Red-Bull-Ring TT, currently a 1:56,335 but still improving and learning the breakpoints. :lol:

BB - 1
145 100
1,75 1,85
10 8
60 63
90 93
2,0 1,0
toe out 0,40 toe in 0,20

Final to 5,000
Max speed to min
Final to 4,820

great set up i did 1:55:295 :):cheers:

BB - 1
145 100
1,75 1,85
10 8
60 63
90 93
2,0 1,0
toe out 0,40 toe in 0,20

Final to 5,000
Max speed to min
Final to 4,820

Just my 2 cents on this: If she is so fast, then why isn't she on the leaderboards?

Thank for the share :cheers:

Strange, the cars in the oval trial are all tuned exactly the same. Literally exactly the same, even the engine redline and power/torque curve.

For example, the AMG, usually tops out at 7500rpm, but here it tops out at 9000 rpm and sounds much different as a result. So if you're curious about the cars' sounds if they revved higher...drive them all lol.

great set up i did 1:55:295 :):cheers:

Thanks, and you drove a fantastic lap. Well done! 👍:cheers:

Thanks for the input guys, I agree it feels like something odd is going on, but I just can't figure out why. If she is really using X/[] that makes it even more remarkable.

I did some closer analysis on the replays, comparing her corner speeds to Fraga and Miyazono replays (1st and 2nd in TT):

Laptimes
Fraga 2.16.101
Miyazono 2.16.264
Sofia 2.15.826

Min apex speed unless otherwise noted (Fraga and Miyazono are in mph, Sofia is in kmh but I converted to mph in brackets)
La source - 41/42/72(44.7)
Eau rouge top exit kerb end - 151/150/243(151)
Les combes 1 - 78/76/123(76.4)
Bruxelles - 59/58/99(61.5)
No name - 84/87/134(83.2)
Pouhon - 108/108/185(115)
Fagnes 1 - 79/80/127(79)
Fagnes 2 - 86/87/137(85)
Stavelot 1 - 74/75/116(72)
Blanchimont exit kerb end - 156/156/250(155.3)
Chicane 1 - 46/45/64(39.7)
Chicane 2 - 42/41/67(41.6)

Fraga and Miyazono are both very close, only 1-2 mph difference (except for No Name, where Miyazono just crushed it). Meanwhile Sofia is all over the place, much slower in some corners, much faster in others (Pouhon she is 7 mph faster, but the chicane she is 6 mph slower).

Also comparing her TV camera replay to Fraga, she doesn't use the whole road width in a lot of places (most obvious on entry to Pouhon, Blanchimont and the chicane). She also missed the apex of Fagnes 1 completely. But even with unoptimal racing lines, she still holds the same or even higher speed than Fraga :odd:

If I have to guess, probably she used RM or RS and then tried to adjust her speed to match Fraga and *just* make it seem like she beat him. The video is highly edited and it's quite easy to swap out the HUD tyre indicator because its static. If she's driving in arcade mode TT, Track Edge Grip is also set to Low there. It just seems odd that if she's that fast, she doesn't prove it by doing the TT during the actual event where the settings are locked.

I'm not dissing on female players btw, there is a very fast women racing in Oceania who got into world finals (emreeree). I'm also not dissing pad players, because there is a Japanese player who regularly gets top spot in daily race leaderboards with a pad (sirvia). I think sofia is a very good player, I'm just doubting that she is 0.3 sec faster than Fraga with the same settings, and there are enough oddities in the video to make it doubtful.

Anyway, probably an overkill analysis. But this week's TT is so dull I have nothing better to do :lol:

Seems that I need a new hobby as well...:lol:

I watched this again, but more closely this time. The flickering throttle is explained by @NekoPufferPPP, because I have seen this in top players replays as well, knowing they use the DS4 buttons for throttle. I use the DS4 sticks for steering and throttle and use this technique too to simulate some kind of traction control. So this seems ok to me.
What seems strange to me is for example in her single lap where she beats Fraga´s time in the last chicane before the finish line. At first she uses the mentioned technique, but then she is for quite some time on full throttle in first gear with the steering completely to the left in mid-corner and nothing happens. I mean no oversteer. Nothing. The car drives like on rails. Then at the corner exit she gets in second gear and straightens the steering. I remember driving this TT. The Mazda without traction control and on full throttle in first gear and steering completely to the left and no wheel spin and no oversteer? No way! Maybe with the RS tires, so you can be right about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What seems strange to me is for example in her single lap where she beats Fraga´s time in the last chicane before the finish line. At first she uses the mentioned technique, but then she is for quite some time on full throttle in first gear with the steering completely to the left in mid-corner and nothing happens. I mean no oversteer. Nothing. The car drives like on rails. Then at the corner exit she gets in second gear and straightens the steering. I remember driving this TT. The Mazda without traction control and on full throttle in first gear and steering completely to the left and no wheel spin and no oversteer? No way! Maybe with the RS tires, so you can be right about this.
That's because GT Sport's wheel animations are like jelly when using pad controls.

She countersteered, she slid but caught the slide and straightened out (visibly the car turns right and straightens out), which is not displayed on the wheel animations because of the above.

The animations were like that even in the GT7 "sneak peek" trailer. I really hope they fix that by release...the one thing that really annoys me about Sport.

BB - 1
145 100
1,75 1,85
10 8
60 63
90 93
2,0 1,0
toe out 0,40 toe in 0,20

Final to 5,000
Max speed to min
Final to 4,820

@v8_pursuit , I try your setup but it not suit to my drive.

I.54.309 with following setup and gearbox of @v8_pursuit , Thanks for the share :cheers:
TX3 guys have found something on the setup of gearbox , they accelerate much faster. :confused:

upload_2021-1-17_21-47-20.png

@v8_pursuit , I try your setup but it not suit to my drive.

I.54.309 with following setup and gearbox of @v8_pursuit , Thanks for the share :cheers:
TX3 guys have found something on the setup of gearbox , they accelerate much faster. :confused:

View attachment 985481
You´re right with the TX3 guys. Up until the first turn I´m only slightly behind the top ghost. But then he´s accelerating much faster on the next straight.
Thanks for sharing your tune. I will test it now. :cheers:

Edit: Your tune doesn't fit my driving style this time either. But no problem.:cheers:

I think I have a solution for the bad acceleration and in an engineering way it even makes sense for a high-revving low-torque engine. Try this:

Final gear to 2,750
Max speed to min
Final gear to 2,530

After this you can adjust the gears or final gear to suit your driving style. But now I can hang on to the TX3 guys. Gained immediately 0,8 seconds. :D

Last edited:
That's because GT Sport's wheel animations are like jelly when using pad controls.

She countersteered, she slid but caught the slide and straightened out (visibly the car turns right and straightens out), which is not displayed on the wheel animations because of the above.

The animations were like that even in the GT7 "sneak peek" trailer. I really hope they fix that by release...the one thing that really annoys me about Sport.
Good thing the steering wheel animations are nowhere close to looking like Assetto Corsa/Assetto Corsa Competizioni. :nervous::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back