Tokyo World Tour 5 2019

In symbolism language a goose can symbolize wisdom or bravery, but can also mean silly, a waste of time or stupid. Suppose it depends on the target object.:confused: BUT in this case I can only guess.

Jerry.png

Is there any info on who's going to the final and/or what the criteria is to get there? I'm finding this a little confusing to follow sometimes.

Was also surprised that Toyota wasn't more involved in the Supra Cup final. It just felt like a generic WT event.

Hopefully PD adds a few more one make series' next year (although not that excited at the idea of a Taycan cup tbh). I'm not expecting everything to be worthy of a WT trip, but would be nice to see a little more variety.

Is there any info on who's going to the final and/or what the criteria is to get there? I'm finding this a little confusing to follow sometimes.
So...

There'll be 36 drivers for the Nations Cup. These will be:
Europe - 16
Asia - 6
North America - 5
Central/South America - 5
Oceania - 4

They will be selected by their rankings in the 2019 online championship (best 10 races). However there can only be a maximum of three competitors from any one country.

If you look at the final Asia rankings right now you'll see this:
1 Akagi_1942mi - JPN
2 Kerokkuma_ej20 - JPN
3 blackbeauty-79 - JPN
4 yamado_racing38 - JPN
5 gilles_honda_v12 - JPN
6 SG_Kawakana - JPN

The top six are all Japanese, but there's a national limit of three. That means that 4th, 5th and 6th aren't eligible. So we need to look down the order to find three more drivers who are not Japanese...

7 Gori_R4ichi - JPN
8 yukiku - JPN
9 CAR_Saika - HK
10 s-shohei_ - JPN
11 KarS_0627 - HK
12 Gmotor_SBen - TAI

Thus qualifying from Asia are
Akagi_1942mi (Ryota Kokubun)
Kerokkuma_ej20 (Takuma Miyazono)
blackbeauty-79 (Tatsuya Sugawara)
CAR_Saika (Jonathon Wong)
KarS_0627 (Kin Long Li)
Gmotor_SBen (Yi-Teng Chou)

You can do the same for the other territories too. There's also four drivers who qualify automatically through winning World Tour events regardless of their ranking. They're Ryota Kokubun (Asia #1), Mikail Hizal (Europe #1), Nico Rubilar (South America #1) and Igor Fraga (South America #19).

Could someone recap the situation regarding Daihatsu and Suzuki somehow being in the Manufacturers Series, and using the Toyota VGT Gr.3 for an event? How can either of those be involved at all - let alone qualify - if they don't have the respective Gr.4 and Gr.3 vehicles to begin with? It feels almost as if something in the process was conducted in a reversed order. You clearly cannot select them when entering any Manufacturers Series events, even if I'd personally love to see more automakers and groups to be seen in this series.

I could see Gr.1 alone being a potential component, between the inclusion of various sports prototypes (including Group C, WSC, LMP2, DPi, etc.), upcoming VGTs, and the WEC hypercar class. Between Group C, WSC, and DPi, I could respectively see Gr.1 cars from Alfa Romeo & Lancia, Ferrari & Shelby, and Chevrolet & Cadillac. Not to mention other LMP1s, like from Aston Martin, or LMGTP and LMP900 cars, like those respectively from Bentley and BMW. IMO, there could be a further "identity" built between the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series, beyond just having Red Bull cars cap off various Nations Cup evens. Perhaps one could use mostly original circuits, and the other could use real circuits. Or, the Nations Cup could use the "major" groups, but with more specific limitations that wouldn't be doable for a Manufacturers Series race, like only using Group C racers, the "Gentlemen's Agreement" JDM cars, or a one-make using a car from one the "major" groups, like the Renault Megane Trophy. Ideally, though, I'd hope that more racecars would be added insofar that we could see the Manufacturers Series have both more eligible automakers, and more than just Gr.4 and Gr.3 races.

But I digress. It does make sense for Daihatsu to use the Toyota VGT Gr.3 since they're owned by Toyota, but I still don't understand the context for this whole thing.

Last edited:
Could someone recap the situation regarding Daihatsu and Suzuki somehow being in the Manufacturers Series, and using the Toyota VGT Gr.3 for an event? How can either of those be involved at all - let alone qualify - if they don't have the respective Gr.4 and Gr.3 vehicles to begin with?
They weren't. You're confusing an exhibition race with the actual event.

They weren't. You're confusing an exhibition race with the actual event.
I see. In that case, I'm still curious. I thought the exhibition race was the Pro-Am race, with the Jaguar VGTs at Tokyo East?

I see. In that case, I'm still curious. I thought the exhibition race was the Pro-Am race, with the Jaguar VGTs at Tokyo East?
That was the Pro-Am race.

This is the Manufacturer Exhibition Race you're thinking of. 10 teams of manufacturers, with a representative of a company, a race driver from that company and a GT player:

Was also surprised that Toyota wasn't more involved in the Supra Cup final. It just felt like a generic WT event.

Hopefully PD adds a few more one make series' next year (although not that excited at the idea of a Taycan cup tbh). I'm not expecting everything to be worthy of a WT trip, but would be nice to see a little more variety.

So...

There'll be 36 drivers for the Nations Cup. These will be:
Europe - 16
Asia - 6
North America - 5
Central/South America - 5
Oceania - 4

They will be selected by their rankings in the 2019 online championship (best 10 races). However there can only be a maximum of three competitors from any one country.

If you look at the final Asia rankings right now you'll see this:
1 Akagi_1942mi - JPN
2 Kerokkuma_ej20 - JPN
3 blackbeauty-79 - JPN
4 yamado_racing38 - JPN
5 gilles_honda_v12 - JPN
6 SG_Kawakana - JPN

The top six are all Japanese, but there's a national limit of three. That means that 4th, 5th and 6th aren't eligible. So we need to look down the order to find three more drivers who are not Japanese...

7 Gori_R4ichi - JPN
8 yukiku - JPN
9 CAR_Saika - HK
10 s-shohei_ - JPN
11 KarS_0627 - HK
12 Gmotor_SBen - TAI

Thus qualifying from Asia are
Akagi_1942mi (Ryota Kokubun)
Kerokkuma_ej20 (Takuma Miyazono)
blackbeauty-79 (Tatsuya Sugawara)
CAR_Saika (Jonathon Wong)
KarS_0627 (Kin Long Li)
Gmotor_SBen (Yi-Teng Chou)

You can do the same for the other territories too. There's also four drivers who qualify automatically through winning World Tour events regardless of their ranking. They're Ryota Kokubun (Asia #1), Mikail Hizal (Europe #1), Nico Rubilar (South America #1) and Igor Fraga (South America #19).
I have a slightly overkill in-depth list
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ns-cup-entrant-qualification-analysis.390557/

It's about to be 5am (French Time), and I felt it was the absolute ideal time to make a debriefing from Tokyo's World Tour. Careful, it might be boring to read, and I'll write it as it comes.

First of all, I never thought I'd get qualified to a live event after Paris' one, back in March. But things went better than expected and one race decided of the end of my season. With that in mind, I take every live event as a "bonus round" where I have nothing to lose.

Anyway, off to Tokyo I went, and first jetlag I've had to handle. It was pretty bad, couldn't find sleep in the plane and went for a more or less 30h without sleeping, including some filming with the Jaguar Team around Tokyo. I was litteraly falling asleep every seconds I could in the trains/subways with the filming crew, but tried to deliver the best I could when the cameras were on despite being a zombie.

For the races, considering the Overall quali (Maggiore GP II), we were hopeless to be in the Top 6 and we were right to think so since we qualified P11 and even with our optimal time, we wouldn't be higher. It is a shame when Bathust is one of the strongest tracks for Jaguar and was where the Top 6 quali were. We even did P2 during the Free Practice on it!

Anyway, starting P11 on Bathurst, we were hopefull for some drama on track and getting positions with our high top speed. Sadly, we were caught in the mayhem on Lap 3 and lost 10s in the process. That costed a shot for P4 at the end of the race, and we finished P7. On a personal side, I'm pretty happy of my stint with the mediums, climbing 2 positions and being not too far from my home's pace.

Then comes Maggiore GP II, and... Nothing to see here pretty much, started P7, finished P8 and despite giving our all, we had a 1.2s per lap gap compared to the best cars so it was just a matter of surviving and putting the laps together. I was shocked but not surprised to see the Alfa catching 3 tenths in the esses alone.

Got to say that @HellzFire & Kenny did an awesome job. No mistake from our end and that give us more confidence for the World Finals. We can just hope for the Gr.4 category to come back & tracks which suit us! And why not a 3rd race to balance the double points for the Grand Final.

Aside racing, being able to travel to Japan was such a dream come true. Everything is so different compared to what I am used to, and having the opportunity to be in the heart of GT is priceless. Surely another trip I will never forget.

Now, time to catch some sleep again.

It's about to be 5am (French Time), and I felt it was the absolute ideal time to make a debriefing from Tokyo's World Tour. Careful, it might be boring to read, and I'll write it as it comes.

First of all, I never thought I'd get qualified to a live event after Paris' one, back in March. But things went better than expected and one race decided of the end of my season. With that in mind, I take every live event as a "bonus round" where I have nothing to lose.

Anyway, off to Tokyo I went, and first jetlag I've had to handle. It was pretty bad, couldn't find sleep in the plane and went for a more or less 30h without sleeping, including some filming with the Jaguar Team around Tokyo. I was litteraly falling asleep every seconds I could in the trains/subways with the filming crew, but tried to deliver the best I could when the cameras were on despite being a zombie.

For the races, considering the Overall quali (Maggiore GP II), we were hopeless to be in the Top 6 and we were right to think so since we qualified P11 and even with our optimal time, we wouldn't be higher. It is a shame when Bathust is one of the strongest tracks for Jaguar and was where the Top 6 quali were. We even did P2 during the Free Practice on it!

Anyway, starting P11 on Bathurst, we were hopefull for some drama on track and getting positions with our high top speed. Sadly, we were caught in the mayhem on Lap 3 and lost 10s in the process. That costed a shot for P4 at the end of the race, and we finished P7. On a personal side, I'm pretty happy of my stint with the mediums, climbing 2 positions and being not too far from my home's pace.

Then comes Maggiore GP II, and... Nothing to see here pretty much, started P7, finished P8 and despite giving our all, we had a 1.2s per lap gap compared to the best cars so it was just a matter of surviving and putting the laps together. I was shocked but not surprised to see the Alfa catching 3 tenths in the esses alone.

Got to say that @HellzFire & Kenny did an awesome job. No mistake from our end and that give us more confidence for the World Finals. We can just hope for the Gr.4 category to come back & tracks which suit us! And why not a 3rd race to balance the double points for the Grand Final.

Aside racing, being able to travel to Japan was such a dream come true. Everything is so different compared to what I am used to, and having the opportunity to be in the heart of GT is priceless. Surely another trip I will never forget.

Now, time to catch some sleep again.

Good stuff man but can I ask you how did u feel playing with the Fanatec wheel instead of the tgt????

See this screenshot:

The track itself and the kerb (track limit) are to the left of the red sausage kerb in the middle. Both cars are to the right of that kerb.

Carrazza made the dive, runs Kokubun off road, runs off track himself, at which point Akagi cuts the corner even further (entitled to do at that point) and wins.

In any standard FIA GT race, there would be two penalties given, one for running another car off track (5 seconds), and another for ignoring track limits (0.5 seconds). But here there were no penalties and he kept P2.

It might have made for good viewing, but Carrazza was never making that chicane at that speed.

Dont know how i didnt see that thats how they didnt crash.

@anthonyfa18 It felt different since the wheel itself is wider but the main thing was the pedals, they are noticeably harder but after 10 mins, I could get used to it.

I'd be surprised to not see the T-GT coming back for the World Finals, but who knows!

I'd rather they keep using Fanatecs, so the disavantage that I have to get used to a new wheel is demolished :)

Had no issues at all with it. I liked it actually.

Latest Posts

Back