Tom Brooks, the 'Voice of GT Sport', Launches New YouTube Series

Thanks so much for covering this, @Jordan. I guess next time I need to “avoid doing things that makes me look bad”.

A bit of background on this series for those who are wondering; essentially ‘Make Me A Racing Driver’ was created with the idea of documenting my journey from this event to competing in a 24hr race, with the four/five part episode topics including fitness and driver training.

Sadly, this 24hr race has now been postponed due to CoVID-19, so it’s a bit of a waiting game as to what we compete in. However, we have two further episodes currently filmed, so will be releasing these further down the line.

Love your videos @Tom. I`ve subbed to you, and been enjoying the content you have up so far. Literally binged watched the lot. :D

Looking forward to seeing what content you bring in the future.

Thanks for sharing Tom. I apologize if the question is a bit nosey, but how much of a bite does damage like that take out of your wallet? Great job at holding your composure, I probably would have lost my head after such a surprising incident.

Thanks for sharing Tom. I apologize if the question is a bit nosey, but how much of a bite does damage like that take out of your wallet? Great job at holding your composure, I probably would have lost my head after such a surprising incident.

Sorry for the late reply on this. So the total cost for the repair was £950 - a lot of money, but if I couldn’t afford to pay for it then I wouldn’t be racing. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I couldn’t do anything about so there’s no point getting angry,

Thank you guys so much for covering this once again. I really do hope you enjoy the second instalment - lots of episodes still in the works including sim training, getting my race license, more track tuition, and racing of course.

We’re aiming to release one episode per month from here onwards. I’m looking forward to sharing it with you!

GTPNewsWire
The one-liter engines have a mild remap and sports exhaust, and custom Gaz suspension with Powerflex bushings make for more of a race car feel. It’s essentially an early career mode event from Gran Turismo, made real.
This remind of putting a sports exhaust and a Racing chip back in early GT4 on my RX-7. Fun times!

These are quality, @Tom!! Enjoying the series 👍

Thanks Nathan. Aiming to film the next episode about fitness within the next couple of weeks, then we'll get the final sim/driving episode shot once I've moved house before the finale in September!

Thank you so much as always for the coverage, GTP! I really do hope people enjoy the series and that the next episode - hopefully with Big Neil in the car - isn't too far away.

Tom
Thank you so much as always for the coverage, GTP! I really do hope people enjoy the series and that the next episode - hopefully with Big Neil in the car - isn't too far away.
He looks a lot less like Jason Statham than I thought from the thumbnail :D

Tom
You aren't the first person to have said that after seeing the caricature.
Given my... hair length, I have also previously been accused of being a Jason Statham stunt double, though these days it's more like Jason Ate-ham.

Looking forward to the two-car TBM team... though I hope the next car isn't French :lol:

Is it normal to feel a little bit jealous of Tom? :guilty:

But ....... I really like what you're dong. I still have to watch some of the video clips though.

Keep doing what you are doing. 👍

Another great episode, Tom!! Certainly great for showing people the true physical demands of motorsports! It's a lot more than just sitting on your arse and going fast.
:gtpflag:

Back