Tom Clancy's The Division

Well... I bought the game today. :D

Enjoying it so far, glad to see it's exactly what I enjoyed in Beta.
However, I do have a few complaints.

1) Character creation is sorely lacking.
2) Audio output can't be separated between chat and game, so no VOIP through headset with game sound from speakers (my preferred setup).

Other than that I can't really complain atm but I'm only lvl 7 so that could change. :lol:
Still fun, and at least this gave me a reason to clean out some old ps3 games and get a discount from gamestop (actually got more than 8 dollars for 8 games). :lol:

gave me a reason to clean out some old ps3 games and get a discount from gamestop (actually got more than 8 dollars for 8 games).
Oh, so a little better than usual? :lol:

I get lost in just traversing the city and collecting crafting materials. I tried playing for an hour yesterday and by the time I got through I felt like I didn't do much, but at the same time the time had passed so fast that it wasn't really a problem. This game really makes you want to play for hours.

Oh, so a little better than usual? :lol:

I get lost in just traversing the city and collecting crafting materials. I tried playing for an hour yesterday and by the time I got through I felt like I didn't do much, but at the same time the time had passed so fast that it wasn't really a problem. This game really makes you want to play for hours.
The day it came out, I played from 5am to 4:30 pm and it felt like maybe 3 hours passed.....then I heard the garage open and wifey was home....ate dinner then back at it til about 2am.

I was nerd for sure that day....I feel ashamed actually!

The day it came out, I played from 5am to 4:30 pm and it felt like maybe 3 hours passed.....then I heard the garage open and wifey was home....ate dinner then back at it til about 2am.

I was nerd for sure that day....I feel ashamed actually!
The other day when we DZed for most of the day, I had woken up at 2am out of no where and couldn't go back to sleep. I got on to kill some time, and before I knew it, it was around 8am and you had joined my game.

Very hard to put down and I completely agree that hours fly by just like minutes. A great absorbing world. I like to do the side mission, track agents, find phones and follow the holograms. Normally I avoid these kind of games but this one is simply magic :D

Very hard to put down and I completely agree that hours fly by just like minutes. A great absorbing world. I like to do the side mission, track agents, find phones and follow the holograms. Normally I avoid these kind of games but this one is simply magic :D
When I started I was doing anything that popped up on the radar, but for now I think I'm going to stick to side missions and main missions just so I can power my way to level 30. The phones, agents, and Echo's I think I'll leave for a little end-game fun.

Been playing the game for about 10 hours now and thoroughly enjoy it , the game breathes so much atmosphere especially at dawn and when the fog rolls in you can only see about 10 meters ahead of you.

Must say that the ps4 screenshots look very nice as well.

Am playing it on pc and as I'm a single-player gamer mostly I haven't tried multi-player yet.

When I started I was doing anything that popped up on the radar, but for now I think I'm going to stick to side missions and main missions just so I can power my way to level 30. The phones, agents, and Echo's I think I'll leave for a little end-game fun.

I am trying... I am trying....

Anyone else missing the option to laydown and crouch? Would like to sneak up op a truck, laydown, prepare my sniperrifle and take out the bad boys.

I am trying... I am trying....

Anyone else missing the option to laydown and crouch? Would like to sneak up op a truck, laydown, prepare my sniperrifle and take out the bad boys.
Yes, this is my biggest gripe with the game actually. Its sorely needed for the way I'm used to playing. The odd thing is that the movement mechanics are taken straight from GRFS, but they simplified it so much and removed some things for some reason.

A good mission to grind if you are Level 30 is General Assembly on Hard (not actually that hard). There are 2 named yellow enemies before the Boss, so you have 3 shots at High End gear/weapon in addition to all the purples you'll get. 👍

I just had a gold pair of knee pads drop in the DZ that increase my scavenger up 25%, so I'm at 40% now so hopefully it will be raining gold!

But it drops my DPS and health by a few thousand....sacrifices man, sacrifices.

Anyone else missing the option to laydown and crouch?

Was very tempted to buy this game, but rather pathetically that's reversed my decision.:lol:
I actually sold Far Cry 4 because i was annoyed there wasn't an option to holster your weapon. Having no option to crouch would drive me insane.

Was very tempted to buy this game, but rather pathetically that's reversed my decision.:lol:
I actually sold Far Cry 4 because i was annoyed there wasn't an option to holster your weapon. Having no option to crouch would drive me insane.
You're missing out then. It's such a minor thing to disregard a whole game for, even though I would want it as well.

The thing about crouching and going prone with the game is its a cover system mechanic so you'd get hit by enemy fire 100% of the time. Maybe long distance would help but there isn't really long distance due to map design and enemy spawning.

Just my thoughts on it. Jumping was more of a concern for me at first.

The thing about crouching and going prone with the game is its a cover system mechanic so you'd get hit by enemy fire 100% of the time. Maybe long distance would help but there isn't really long distance due to map design and enemy spawning.

Just my thoughts on it. Jumping was more of a concern for me at first.
I had the same train of thought, but if they can make it minimize bullet spread then it can come in handy for those quick encounters that are at a bit of distance.

Yeah, those ai rarely miss, specifically enemies 30 and higher, annoyingly so.

I tried a daily challenging mission......lets just say we made it past 2 waves.....sooooooo frustrating but I do need to up my arsenal if I expect to beat one.

Yeah, those ai rarely miss, specifically enemies 30 and higher, annoyingly so.

I tried a daily challenging mission......lets just say we made it past 2 waves.....sooooooo frustrating but I do need to up my arsenal if I expect to beat one.

I was able to be the Lincoln Tunnel daily challenge mission. I'd say it's the easiest is because there are no shotgunners, lol.

Some of the scenery is so eerie, though in SP it's not as creepy as in the DZ.

25875250471_b13a5a9a33_c.jpg

Attachments

• Tom Clancy's The Division™2016-3-21-19-19-43.jpg
    Tom Clancy's The Division™2016-3-21-19-19-43.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
That patch looks really great for a first one. 👍 Especially the DZ tweaks look great. I have to say this game keeps growing on me, though I'm concerned that may come to a standstill when I hit 30 in SP.

As for DPS, I think the general consensus is to focus on DMG, then on DPS. The only thing to keep in mind is weapons with a really low rate of fire or extremely long reloading time, like some of the shotguns.

I prefer the assault rifle/LMG or assault rifle/SMG combo.

Did anyone get on during the purge? I read on reddit that it was crazy nuts until they fixed it at about 6:45am PST. No punishment from getting killed as a rogue so the DZ was a crazy war zone.

Did anyone get on during the purge? I read on reddit that it was crazy nuts until they fixed it at about 6:45am PST. No punishment from getting killed as a rogue so the DZ was a crazy war zone.
Didn't play during but they should randomly do this, like just an hour or two every few weeks. Dont lose xp but still can steal peoples loot.

Didn't play during but they should randomly do this, like just an hour or two every few weeks. Dont lose xp but still can steal peoples loot.
What are you guys talking?

When they released the patch this morning, there were issues and I guess one of the things not right was people dying in the dz and not losing xp. Its fixed now.

I'm so happy they reduced the death as a rogue XP loss. I've lost way too many ranks because of people walking in front if me...

So, at end-game now. Been enjoying myself with loitering around the DZ and (re)playing missions on hard. Also tried doing the Russian Consulate on 'Challenge' mode, but we didn't get past the first group of enemies. :lol: Need to read up on tactics there because it definitely requires it.

So, at end-game now. Been enjoying myself with loitering around the DZ and (re)playing missions on hard. Also tried doing the Russian Consulate on 'Challenge' mode, but we didn't get past the first group of enemies. :lol: Need to read up on tactics there because it definitely requires it.

Have you just hit 30? If so, stay away from any of the Challenges until you're reasonably equipped with High End weaponry, 50-60k health, and around 2800-3000+ Firearms stat.

Play with a competent team, use Signature Skills like they're going out of fashion, and always, always bait those stupid sniper shotgunners into a bottleneck where you have the advantage. Ideally, above ground and behind cover.

Back