Top Gear interviews Dan Greenawalt.

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 50 comments
Along with what Imari posted, you're not really being in a position to make a comment on anyone else's avatar...

But I'm pretty sure in one of his IGN interviews he said he wasn't planning anything on customizable interiors, or anything like that. I don't remember the exact video or where it was. I can try and find it in the morning, though.

I don't think you guys realize that Raisin Brahms beard kid is the pinnacle of avatar development. I forgive you for this.

Also, I'm sorry for my attitude earlier. Passions run hot around unreleased video game speculation, but I guess that's no excuse.

So anyway, yeah, those 3M wraps, huh?

I don't think you guys realize that Raisin Brahms beard kid is the pinnacle of avatar development. I forgive you for this.

Also, I'm sorry for my attitude earlier. Passions run hot around unreleased video game speculation, but I guess that's no excuse.

So anyway, yeah, those 3M wraps, huh?

You're new here. We'll let you slide.. :P

I'm sure there are better places besides these hell bent FM threads. Check out The Rumble Strip. 👍

Here is a tasty Forza Motorsport 5 .gif showcasing a matte finish discussed in the Top Gear interview as well as some much-improved smoke effects.

huj-1.gif

Last edited:
The Aventador always had a paint option for a matte finish. That's really not showing anything other than smoke.

Take off your dour pants, ImaRobot. I know that it's always been an option. However, the new physics-based rendering that Dan has been talking up (in the interview for which this thread was made, for instance) means that the matte finish will be represented more realistically. No more weird, shadow-eating chalkboard skin.

Although I concede that you can't tell that from the .gif.

Here is the video the .gif came from, if it helps.

At points, even though it's off-screen, you can see the matte-finish catches highlights in a way that it didn't in 4 or Horizon. In those games, matte was completely flat (and looked a bit weird).

Very nice! It does look much more realistic. Hopefully it won't have the same banding issues as FM4 and Horizon.

Here is a tasty Forza Motorsport 5 .gif showcasing a matte finish discussed in the Top Gear interview as well as some much-improved smoke effects.

huj-1.gif

That's some slick looking smoke. It looks like its affected by wind.

So we had Audi help us at the launch of Forza Motorsport 3. Audi didn't get any preferential treatment, but we did actually get a lot of data from their race team, because data makes our simulation better, not just on their cars, on all cars.
Interesting.

Because if my memory serves correct - Audi's dominated all the leaderboards in almost every class in FM3. The faster tracks, like the Nordschleife, were although dominated by AWD swapped Muscle Cars.

Interesting.

Because if my memory serves correct - Audi's dominated all the leaderboards in almost every class in FM3. The faster tracks, like the Nordschleife, were although dominated by AWD swapped Muscle Cars.

Some leaderboards certainly not all thats a myth.

Another thing I took from that video: Holy 🤬 that tire squeel:drool:

The matte paint does look much better, the smoke is pretty awesome, as well. When he switches into hood cam around 2:10 it shows off the matte paint looking good even close up.

I took note of that also. I don't care about night racing and weather as much as I thought now. If T10 is trying to give us the most authentic automotive experience then I'm all for it. Things like tire smoke and squeal make the game much more life like. Hopefully T10 will get into customization.

Well, most Audi's are AWD, and the class system in FM3 definitely had an AWD bias, so it's probably just coincidence that they dominated a few classes on several tracks.

The ACR Viper with an AWD swap was nearly impossible to beat with anything else in the hands of even a half-decent driver, and I'm pretty sure that one wasn't built by Audi.

What would really impress the hell out of me on that Prague track, is if when driving over the trolly tracks, the tire digs into the rail groove, and you feel the car getting pulled left and/or right, making you focus to keep the car straight. With a little rumble and FF, that would be such a sweet touch.

What would really impress the hell out of me on that Prague track, is if when driving over the trolly tracks, the tire digs into the rail groove, and you feel the car getting pulled left and/or right, making you focus to keep the car straight. With a little rumble and FF, that would be such a sweet touch.
I thought the exact same thing when I saw what looked like a shallow pothole. 👍

The matte paint does look much better, the smoke is pretty awesome, as well. When he switches into hood cam around 2:10 it shows off the matte paint looking good even close up.

I noticed it looks a lot better. I just hope those reflection are 1:1 at 60 frames a second with subsurface scattering :drool:

Back