Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo - September. Teaser Movie Released.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 308 comments
  • 34,305 views
I liken this car to the GTbyCitroen race car.

This is basically the same thing, a race car that's based on an existing concept car.

One that is said to be a preview of the next Supra. :D
 
FULL PICTURE IS LEAKED!!!!111one!!11!!!!!!

toyota_ft_1_race_car_by_jonsibal-d730ph6.jpg


Just kidding, it's a render by Jonsibal from deviantart :p You can see his other awesome works here: http://jonsibal.deviantart.com/gallery/

Calling BS, that is a terrible photoshop of the regular car. None of the body panels are correct to what is shown in the preview video.
 
I take it someone has mentioned the Honda HSV wasn't a road car but, they made it a race car.

Sounds like it's still viable to make the FT a race car if it's never built to be mass produced.
 
It looks like the Mazda Furai
 
I'm pretty sure they did and they brought it to auto shows and a Cars n Coffee.

I mean a production version. Sounds like the BMW/Toyota collaboration will spawn some interpretation of the FT-1 although early reports are that it won't carry through the show car styling and it will have a turbo four...
 
It looks like the Mazda Furai
Furai? What? Where? How? You....

I don't care what name Toyota or PD choose for the racing version, just gimme the car! And if Honda do the same with the NSX concept? :drool:
 
Calling BS, that is a terrible photoshop of the regular car. None of the body panels are correct to what is shown in the preview video.
You really called that one out. Good job mate. Excellent skills you have.

Although not a terrible photoshop, the artist is very good.
 
Last edited:
I take it someone has mentioned the Honda HSV wasn't a road car but, they made it a race car.

Sounds like it's still viable to make the FT a race car if it's never built to be mass produced.
That was only allowed by the JAF to enter for two reasons:

Firstly, they banned MR cars, so they had to go to something FR.

Secondly, the big three are the lifeblood of GT500, and they couldn't lose one. Since the HSV was in development as a road car already put got pulled last-minute, they granted them special permission.
 
Wow. I also thought the Skyline looks like the Lancer and Impreza.

Wait, no.
Read the post directly above you
 
Hopefully it'll come with the number plates :) I hate that the Merc VGT racing version doesn't have or allow them, why call it a race car if it doesn't allow for a racing number to be put on it...? Seeing that this TF1-VGT has one makes me hopeful :)
 
Wonder if this version will get the track display from the FT-86. The FT-1 has a nice interior. The race version should be full on.
 
You realize that's a Renault Megane Trophy right?
He's saying he doesn't give a 🤬 to anyone correcting him.
 
I'd just ignore his posts. It's not worth it.
 
Last edited:
With that attitude, I'm sure he'll become a contributing member of GTPlanet. 👍

Well, considering ive been here nearly 10 years, youre probably right. Totally worthless on all fronts.

I mean, its not like i have any real racing experience, and regularly comment on threads real world technical insigts, that regularly get some of the highest like counts in the thread or anything, nah. Certainly not.

Maybe if i changed the color of my text, buy premium, and use a custom font like you, i could hang out with the cool kids?! If only...

I'd just ignore his posts. It's not worth it.

Yes, please, ignore me. Dont bother to go back and look at my relevant post history, or consider the ten years ive been here. No, dont bother to do that. Lets just make a wild assumption, and have a knee jerk reaction on the basis of one post, and ignore everything else.



You guys make wild presumptive posts like this, and then wonder why i dont give a flying rats behind what you think. It should be obvious. Ignorance abounds.

And for the record, when i originally quoted his post, the edited "just kidding" wasnt there.
 
Well, considering ive been here nearly 10 years, youre probably right. Totally worthless on all fronts.

I've been here for 5 years, and I have been here the whole time rather than for a couple of months, disappear for almost 10 years, and then show up again after GT6 is released.

I mean, its not like i have any real racing experience, and regularly comment on threads real world technical insigts, that regularly get some of the highest like counts in the thread or anything, nah. Certainly not.

There are people who have racing experience on GTP as well (not me though, my actual track experience is very limited), I normally don't have my head up my own ass, and I actually have 2nd most amount of Likes on GTP.

Maybe if i changed the color of my text, buy premium, and use a custom font like you, i could hang out with the cool kids?! If only...

I'm just one of a handful of members that have a custom font color, the best known example is a guy who goes by "Famine", perhaps you've seen him around.

Buying Premium would certainly be supportive of the site that doesn't pay for itself, unless you don't care...

Just to let you know, the true "cool kids" don't just hang out in the GT6 section.
 
Last edited:
I've been here for 5 years, and I have been here the whole time rather than for a couple of months, disappear for almost 10 years, and then show up again after GT6 is released.



There are people who have racing experience on GTP as well (not me though, my actual track experience is very limited), I normally don't have my head up my own ass, and I actually have 2nd most amount of Likes on GTP.



I'm just one of a handful of members that have a custom font color, the best known example is a guy who goes by "Famine", perhaps you've seen him around.

Buying Premium would certainly be supportive of the site that doesn't pay for itself, unless you don't care...

Just to let you know, the true "cool kids" don't just hang out in the GT6 section.


1: Untrue.

2: Sure, there are a hand full of us around here, never said there werent. Neither do i have my head up my ass. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions based on one post. Again, this is a prime example of why your opinion means little to me.

3: Your point?

4: I dont use the site enough at this point to warrant it. 90% of what i do is lurk.

5: And neither do i? Again, whats your point?
 
Lurker =/= contributor.

My (and a few others) assumptions are based on what I see, and I have seen you say "this thread is full of idiots" in a thread a long time ago, how would I know that you aren't prone to doing it again?

All of us who use a custom font do have a reason for it, that makes me think you would put someone down for using one.

And since you are a lurker, you obviously care somewhat about the site, sooo...
 
And for the record, when i originally quoted his post, the edited "just kidding" wasnt there.

Seriously? Do you know how silly this makes you look?

If I edited my post there will be a "Last edited: day & time" on the bottom right hand corner (just like this post). Since there isn't, the "just kidding" part has been there from the start. And in your quote the "just kidding" part is also there. Quotes don't get retrospectively updated with the original post, so you're contradicting yourself there.

Anyway, I'm done here. This thread has derailed enough and I've got better things to do than arguing on the net. Have a good day :)
 
Last edited:
Anyway, I'm done here. This thread has derailed enough and I've got better things to do than arguing on the net. Have a good day :)

And this is PRECISELY why i said i dont care from the start. Glad you finally caught on.
 
I want Toyota to make the FT-1 in real life as a street car.

Well...

Something like the FT-1 is going to be produced in collaboration with BMW (as Toyota has seem to have lost the ability to develop a sports car on their own).

I think the name for it will be, oh what was it...

Oh yeah, Supra. :sly:
 
Back