Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Track
Spa! Damnit! Spa!!! I do believe the rumours it's coming in the first quarter and think it would be a good followup from this months update, few turns to lots of turns.

Cars
Hopefully some race cars as there weren't any Gr race cars in the January update.
The new Supra

Events
With the Special X track being what it is, other than meditation I don't see a use for it unless they add some structure to it. A drag event, super high speed tests, a better drafting challenge, etc. It's a good platform for School & Mission Challenge. I'm conflicted by that because I'm not sure they'd update those sections, but why release such empty without a plan for it? With a Circuit Experience unlikely for Special X some sort of other campaign update would fit.
And on that note, there's some cars that need events such as the high powered Gr X stuff from the last few months and some classics in sort of the same position. A Group X challenge with particular criteria set so we can use the P1 and the Pagani.

Well, uh, that was fast! :eek:

My predictions:

9 new cars:
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68
Nissan 370Z Nismo '15
Lotus Europa Special '72
Lotus Elise '11
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97 OR TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
Audi RS 6 Avant '08
Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97
Suzuki Swift Sport '17 ('Cause why not?)

1 New Track:
CILVURSTOHN

New events in GT League:
Get Swifty; only Swift Sports allowed
and another one i cant figure out

If PD wanted to do any sort of tie in with real world events, February is definitely Daytona month, with both the 24hr and the 500 taking place.

This year is also the 50th anniversary of IMSA, so it might make sense to add some IMSA classics, like maybe a 300ZX GTO (was in GT2 iirc). If they add some of the modern DPi cars, they could BOP them into Gr2 without too much of a stretch.

Kind of a wish list I guess, but if ever there was time to release that kind of content, February is the time.

Well my speculation

NEW TRACK
Spa
(obvious reasons)

9 CARS

New Cars

Some random new car
2020 Supra

Returning

Mazda RX8 (Surprised this one have not been featured in an update, with the inclusion of the Nissan 370 z, I'd say this one has a pretty high chance of returning)
Pagani Huayara Was a premium and highly requested by the community
Ferrari California Was a premium and there's a pattern of returning ferraris in GTSPORT
BMW Z4 M Coupe Was a premium and there's a pattern of returning BMW's
Chevrolet Nova SS70 Was a premium in GT6 and there's been a pattern of returning 70's muscle cars
Honda Civic Type R 97 Was a premium in GT6 and it's a japanese classic
Lancia Stratus It was scanned and confirmed to be coming to GTSPORT

Alright let's hope I get at least one right

What obvious reasons? There has been nothing to suggest it is coming other than unsourced rumours and many people wishing for it. Neither of which are substantial.
I mean it's the most requested track and it's most likely to return than any other track

New track
While we had this month a returning original track and in December a new original track I think it's time for another real world track. My guess? It ain't Spa. I will never again bet on Spa, too often I was disappointed. So, it's either Twin Ring Motegi or Silverstone which are both tracks featured in GT6 and because we just had a completely new track for the series (Catalunya) I think it will be a returning track.

Cars
Camaro Rampage GoPro (for the same reasons as mentioned above)
Ferrari FXX '07
Ford Focus RS '02
Honda S2000 Type V '03
Lamborghini Reventon '08
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54 (cause they added a Porsche from this decade with 1.32)
Pagani Huayra '13 (I don't believe they are done with Pagani with only one car, the Zonda R)
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 (they added a new manufacturer with TVR, this time RUF)

And if there is a 9th car I hope it is a new addition to this game, maybe Bugatti EB 110.

Of course mostly wild guesses. If at least one is true I would be happy.

Last edited:
In the trailer 1.32 we saw for the first time a note "free update" along with lots of returning cars and for the first time returning fantasy track.

Since now we will get new two kinds of DLC:
1. new real circuit + super premium new cars to the franchise - these DLC's will cost some money,
2. returning fantasy track + returning random GT6 cars - these DLC's will be free.

Why not speculate on Spa (for February). Yes we had it before on GT. It been on other games, and is the butt of plenty of my material on GTP.

Last edited:
Something tells me this will be added:

ee3568a9b95c9074ca2936ee43fbb891.jpg

Okay, 1.32 gave us

1 USA
2 UK
2 German
2 Japan
1 Italy

I'm going to agree with next update bringing two Toyotas.
GR Supra Launch Edition
GR Supra GT500
If not two Supras, the AE 86 replaces one of the above

Audi ur-Quattro
Camaro SS or Z/28 '69
Chevy El Camino
Alda 155 DTM
Renault R8 Gordini

Now, I understand I've put two standard cars in this list(AE86 and Quattro). Just thinking PD will be churning out the standard cars in bigger clumps.

Based off my groundbreaking algorithms that totes aren't spun out of nothing but whimsy:

TRACK:
So, hey, my theory of real 3x/fantasy 3x may have some merit. Assuming that SSRX and the Tokyo variants are part of the cycle, this'll be the last fantasy track added until the June update. Not gonna break down by new location v.s new variant. Precedent has been set for returning original tracks, so let's say Trial Mountain.

CARS:
~8 cars per update seems to be the current norm, let's keep it.
  1. NEW TO SERIES: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  2. NEW TO SERIES: Camaro Rampage GoPro
  3. STANDARD-TO-SUPERPREMIUM: 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
  4. GT6 RETURN: 1994 Cizeta V16T
  5. GT6 RETURN: 2008 Alfa Romeo 8C
  6. GT6 RETURN: 2008 BMW M5
  7. GT6 RETURN: 1989 Izuzu 4200R
  8. GT6 RETURN: 1942 Volkswagen Schwimmwagen..........

.....nah, just kidding. 2002 Caterham Seven Fireblade.

I would speculate about Spa...but as far as I know, no one even mentionned that name in the suggestions.

Nissan 370Z Nismo '15

Hmm I don't know.. What are the chances that we will get two Fairlady Z's consecutively? I'll count FuguZ out since it's not stock. The only pattern I can see from the updates is that the car list is being diversified. PD must really be stuck with the whole "100 versions of R34" criticism from the GT4 era.

Something mildly interesting I found from my research; 47 cars (roughly 45%) added via updates debuted in GT HD Concept/GT5P/5/6 to the tune of 3 to 4 per update. Also 30 (25%) new to the series have been added, meaning almost a quarter of added cars never touched a PS1 or 2 GT game. Use that info how you wish with your prediction lists.

My autopolis post wasn’t a wishlist. I believe it has a chance of making it into the game.
There was a test build of it on gt6 afterall, so there’s that.

TTM
My autopolis post wasn’t a wishlist.
It's also not one of the 29 removed posts from the thread...
How about some TCR cars?
Which ones do you think, based on the evidence (including contents of previous updates and cars PD is known to have scanned), will be in the next content update?

Reactions: TTM
I think the fictional courses are gonna catch up after last year's 3 consecutive real world circuits. The next map will be this and has to be a GT6 port. I can't think of any on the top of my head that would be as 'easy' to develop than a speed oval or single layout like Route X. It would likely be Apricot Hill or Mid-Field. This will be free.

Fair enough. Sorry for my confusion.
There still might be some on here who didn’t know that gt6 fun fact still.

Here' a thought. Maybe Spa isn't coming? At least not in the short term. There's no way PD haven't heard the deafening roar from the community. They're clearly aware and do listen to us (hence the number of cars added from the suggestions forum). Methinks this might be a licensing issue, possibly down to cost? Don't quote me on this but I swear I've read somewhere on these forums that the track owners are simply asking for an exorbitant amount of money. The same might be true of Silverstone as well.

Come June if we haven't seen both then I'd wager a guess its licensing as to why both haven't dropped.

As for a little speculation...

1. Toyota Supra 2020 (NEW)
2. Ferarri Daytona - The last of the affordable classic Ferraris
3. Mercedes 300SL / BMW 507 - This months German addition
4. Lexus LFA - One of the few remaining iconic Japanese sports car still yet to be added. Amazed we've gone this long tbh.
5. Toyota AE86 - The only thing more iconic than a LFA. Also your monthly standard remaster. This or a Mitsubishi GTO
6. Bentley Speed 8 / Audi R10 / Audi R8 LMS - At least 1 competition model would be due
7. Plymouth Cuda / El Camino / Corvette C5/C6 - your monthly American addition

New track? Absolutely impossible to predict anymore given the arrival or Route X!

My 2 cents.

The next map will be this and has to be a GT6 port. I can't think of any on the top of my head that would be as 'easy' to develop than a speed oval or single layout like Route X. It would likely be Apricot Hill or Mid-Field. This will be free.

To further strengthen my point about how returning tracks as 'easy' to develop, take a look at the evidence from all the returning circuits.

1. Monza - Majority straight circuit with a few turns, minor no chicane layout.
  2. Tsukuba - Compact circuit, logistically convenient for developers.
  3. Red Bull Ring - Compact circuit, minute short layout.
  4. Fuji - Logistically convenient for developers, minor no chicane layout.
  5. SSRX - Straight circuit, arguably easier to develop as it is an original circuit not requiring a renewed survey of an area.
By these points, it's far more predictable that the next circuit is Mid-Field. It is not as long as Apricot Hill, which saves time for the development team to work on bigger tracks.

The only points that go against my argument is La Sarthe as it is a giant circuit and not something small as Tsukuba, and Nurburgring's missing 4h and GP short layouts, which while redundant in usage, should've been easy to implement into the game in theory.

A real world circuit with a string of corners might be more time consuming to develop and confine with laser-scanning technology? So would something like Spa, Motegi, or Daytona require an extra year since GTS's release to be developed? Would the same be true for Apricot Hill?

Which ones do you think, based on the evidence (including contents of previous updates and cars PD is known to have scanned), will be in the next content update?
Not sure, that’s why I was asking. Has anyone heard anything about PD scanning any TCR cars?

Given that TCR is one of, if not the fastest growing category in racing now, and the BOP of the series makes it a natural fit for esports, early 2019 seems like a pretty good time to introduce the category to a wider range of online racers.

There could also be a tie in with the recent announcement of the first TCR only endurance race, a 500 lap affair at Spa. It could also tie in with IMSA’s 50th like I suggested in an earlier post, seeing as TCR cars make up a large part of the grid in IMSA support series.

Without knowing info about which cars PD has scanned, I don’t think it’s unreasonabke to speculate that a couple TCR cars could come in a Feb update that was focused around the Daytona 24hr and IMSA.

So, I speculate that the 2020 Supra will come in an update by itself rather than with 7 other cars, just like they did with the race car.
BUT if they do intend to group it up with other cars, these are the ones I speculate will come:
'70 Dodge Charger
'09 Lamborghini Murcielago SV
'78 BMW 2002 Turbo
'16 Audi RS3 LMS
'86 Mitsubishi Starion
'08 Honda Civic Type R
'69 Chevrolet Camaro

Last edited:
We got a Ferrari in most updates til now, so I’d say we’ll get another in the next update: FXX or 599 GTO or 365 GTB/4 Daytona

Any specific reason you expect the GTO version of the 599? Previous games had the 599 Fiorano.

Track: Spa (obvious reasons)

Cars: 911 Cup and latest Cayman GT4 to support Japan Porsche E-Sports series.

962 as the most obvious Group C omission. Seeing as we’re now getting all-new Porsche models as seen with the 356.

Minolta Toyota and 905 as two prominent missing Group C’s.

Supra road car and GT500.

90’s/00’s Formula Gran Turismo. Due another single-seater and would make sense pairing it with Spa.

That’s a race car heavy list but I think we’re due such a pack. If Spa is indeed the track then give us some new race cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back