Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I come from the Geoff Crammond F1GP days so to me, the GT6 FHD detail is more than I expect and as long as I can see the cars coming at me at 300km/h say on SSRX, then I'm ok with it.

I appreciate the MASSIVE detail on the container ships and docks as you pass them and I didnt even know there was an airport however I feel like many times PD hide their talents under bushels we can barely see as we whizz past at almost a 1/4 of the speed of sound down the track.

If we see inner loop where we pass the airport and what not it may be more clear the work they did.

Also as people have pointed out they need to work on their sound... the tunnels should have a strong echo (doppler?) and yet its muted.

Immersion is a big part of the experience for me. If it looks poor, has terrible draw times and pop in I get distracted and lose the immersion and I don’t enjoy it as much. When it looks great I enjoy it more.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that they skimp on the quality. But they don't have to design tracks that require such extravagant backgrounds either. For instance, you'd barely see the background in High Speed Ring from GT1 were it not for the draw distance;

Last edited:
Difficult to predict, after two updates with a lot of classic cars and less racing I guess we’ll have a pack like the one we had mounths ago with Super Gt cars. As we discover on the last updated for sure we’ll have one or two cars new to the franchise. I think the update will contain about 6 cars. The track? After two fantasy I think an original, maybe we’ll have twin ring or daytona with Nascar Cars, who knows?

Track: Apricot Hill Raceway or Twin Ring Motegi

Cars:

1 - Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT (SUPER GT) '12
2 - Toyota Prius (SUPER GT) '19
3 - Honda RAYBRIG HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '12
4 - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM 18'
5 - Audi RS5 DTM 18'
6 - BMW M4 DTM 18'
7 - Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
8 - Toyota 7 Race Car 70'
9 - Formula Gran Turismo

BMW 507 ‘57 - The most likely addition I believe, as a European classic road car, a GT6 premium car and because of its link to the recently added BMW Z8.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ‘69 - To keep the new Shelby GT350 company. It was a premium in GT6, but the model is rather old so it would probably require a bit more work.

Daihatsu Midget II ‘98 - This is my guess for the returning standard car of the update. Mostly because it’s Japanese and because the Midget is iconic for Gran Turismo. However, it might just as well be an early 90’s Honda Civic instead.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia ‘07 - To fill the Ferrari quota. Perhaps not the most obvious pick, given that the 365 and the 250 road car remains to be added. But four classic cars in a single update seems a bit unlikely, so the ‘07 Scuderia is where I landed.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL ‘54 - Let’s face it, it’s only a matter of time before this classic gets added.

Nissan Leaf ‘11 - Needed a car to fill the Gr.X quota, the Asian quota, the premium quota, the newer-than-1990 quota and the N300-or-less quota. The Leaf fitted that hand like a glove.

Toyota Supra ‘19 - Gran Turismo has had a long relationship with this car all the way from its early concept stage. Of course it needs to be added.

VW Polo GTI ‘18 - A European car newer than 1990, new to the series and in N300 or less.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that they skimp on the quality. But they don't have to design tracks that require such extravagant backgrounds either. For instance, you'd barely see the background in High Speed Ring from GT1 were it not for the draw distance;

For it's day the first GT was a graphical powerhouse, I think graphics are important for immersion but like most things in life you have to balance graphics with other things.

I think Spa has a chance, the feeling seems to be that it is coming. Also SSRX has an alternate layout that we know PD have done work on, so we could get that. I wouldn’t be too surprised at an alternate layout of an existing circuit.

Last edited:
Special Stage Route X gives us two new, interesting data points.

*It's the first "original" track to return. This does open the door to other returning original tracks.
I heard this argument quite often but I'm not sure it's valid. I vaguely remember (correct me about that if I'm wrong) a Kaz interview where he said the classic tracks need to be reworked to be fit for sport mode (for example in terms of curb size).

This is something that doesn't apply to SSRX, I think detailed scenery notwithstanding, the track demanded less work than Grand Valley and the likes would.

My suspicion is that the team working on GTS updates is smaller than before as PD has more resources working on GT7. Therefore I think the next update will not contain entirely new tracks (like my wish, Sebring :(), but a new layout for an existing one where you don't need to model a new environment. I'd say Catalunya National or Le Mans Bugatti which would also cover the "real world track again" pattern.

As for cars, I think we will get one standard car from previous games transformed to premium and 6-8 returning premium cars. Also one racecar that can easily be included into an existing category. I don't think we'll be getting entirely new categories or series like Formula E or TCR, those could be part of GT7.
My prediction for racecar and premium upgrade combined is the MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 (Gr. 1 obviously (and unfortunately, that goes for all Group C cars)). I won't speculate on returning premium road cars as I'm not that interested in them anyway...

The BMW 507 can't be far away.
That and the Mercedes-Benz 300SL. It makes sense that they would show up soon. Both of their modern counterparts are already in the game. The Mercedes SLS AMG and the newly included BMW Z8. They both seemed to be pretty popular in GT6 among lower PP racing. Also, it seems like they're trying to now build up GT Sport's 1950s car roster. We have the Abarth Bertone and now we just got the Aston Marin DB3S and the Porsche 356 so it's pretty predictable that the 507 and or the 300SL will be included in the next update. Maybe the 1959 Chevrolet Stingray Racer Concept will also show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added Can-Am or 70s Le Mans cars in the next update.

Who knows? Porsche's now in the game, Chapparal is in it, maybe they'll throw in Lola as Manufacturer.

On the other hand, the addition of the 962C/905-B/R89C would also make sense, as it would raise the chance for a personal Group C class.

Track:

- Las Vegas Drag Strip (remastered) - Gran Turismo 4 course.

Cars:

- 07 vintage GT6 cars (remastered)

It would be a wonderful update! Those lights and spectacular buildings ... The originals circuits are really magnificent!

I would to love it because it will be free!

Just the PD to make me very happy. I pity those who criticize the PD!

Last edited:
Daihatsu Midget II ‘98 - This is my guess for the returning standard car of the update. Mostly because it’s Japanese and because the Midget is iconic for Gran Turismo. However, it might just as well be an early 90’s Honda Civic instead.
PD must've really love kei-cars if they're going to add that one in the future, no? :lol::lol::lol:

PD must've really love kei-cars if they're going to add that one in the future, no? :lol::lol::lol:
I think these 3 keis are very likely to return since they are premium:
Daihatsu OCF-1 Concept '07
latest

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92

index.php

Suzuki Cappucino (EA11R) '95
index.php

Five more cars until the Gr.2 roster is complete (minus DTM):

honda_keihin_hsv_010__12_by_gt6_garage-d7fwgau.jpg nissan_xanavi_nismo_z__06_by_gt6_garage-d7ih539.jpg toyota_yellowhat_yms_supra__05_by_gt6_garage-d7eejc6.jpg

17m036-1.jpg toyota-gr-supra-super-gt-concept.jpg

This brings the manufacturer count to:
3 Honda Gr.2 cars
3 Nissan Gr.2 cars
2 Toyota Gr.2 cars
3 Lexus Gr.2 cars

In total, a respectable 11 car roster for the whole class. Not even close to Gr.3 or 4 though.

With these added, the excessive amount of dupes in Custom Race with Gr.2 will be no more. I feel like the A90 Supra GT500 is the most likely to show up first or in the next update. Unfortunately, I feel like the LC500 will probably be the one shafted in this group.

In order of likelihood:

1. Toyota GR Racing Supra GT500
2. Honda HSV-010 GT500
3. Toyota Supra GT500
4. Nissan 350z GT500
5. (probably never) Lexus LC GT500​

Given the current trend, I dont see why Deep Forest or midfield isnt out of the question.

As for cars, also going along with the trend, the Mitsubishi gto twin turbo, speed 12, trueno gt-apex AE86, Corvette c1, cizeta v16, just a few ideas given the trend of older cars coming into the mix

Who doesn’t? Kei cars are cute :D

And they did give it a spoiler in GT6, if that’s not a token of love then I don’t know what is!

I'm not a fan of them. There aren't enough club circuits in the game, and that's where they're most enjoyable.

Who doesn’t? Kei cars are cute :D

And they did give it a spoiler in GT6, if that’s not a token of love then I don’t know what is!
Not a fan of them so much. Since they're made in Japan, their orientation would obviously be RHD in-game and I don't drive RHD cars in the game so much as I do with LHD cars, unless that car in RHD is one of my favorites.

So far, the 22B and DC2 have been surprises when there are 'easily upgradable' GT5/6 premiums of 'similar' models ('Hawk Eye' Impreza and EK9) that seemed like dead cert's, so I'm sure it won't be long before we see an FTO or AE86, as they're clearly working on bringing standard cars back bit by bit.

I predict, for the moment, only the time of the next upgrade ... Late February or Beginning of March .
Since past september they (PDigital) are increasing the times between the upgrades (IMHO)..

IR

Since past september they (PDigital) are increasing the times between the upgrades (IMHO)..

v1.06 - Nov 27 - 42 days
v1.10 - Dec 22 -
25 days
v1.11 - Jan 25 -
33 days
v1.13 - Feb 28 -
31 days
v1.15 - Mar 29 -
29 days
v1.17 - Apr 9 -
10 days
v1.18 - Apr 27 -