Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the new original tracks on PS4 share the same pattern: first, a very vast 3D location like the mountains of Dragon Trail or the lake at Sainte-Croix. Then Poly draws a road on this map. So I can understand why the first original track from PS3 is Special Stage Route X, it was already built on that model. Other examples are High Speed Ring or Apricot Hill :

Trial Mountain or Deep Forest are build on the opposite model: first, the road. Then the scenery. And the very close walls, tree tunnels are essential to keep the atmosphere of these tracks. IMO, we won't see them on PS4 for hardware issues.

I think we are in line for another real world track update given we haven't had one in a while. Not really a fan of the street circuits with barriers right next to the track so the last two updates have been less than thrilling to me.

I'm probably going to be way off with my guesses/speculation for the next patch, especially since we're hot off the most recent one. But anyway, here goes, with some reasoning as to why:
  • Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 - The token European car of the patch.
  • Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96 - This patch's ex-Standard car. Interesting to note that out of the 8 standard cars we've received thus far, the Jaguar E-Type is the only one that isn't Japanese... I think we're due for an ex-Standard from the US of A.
  • Ferrari FXX '07 - The token Ferrari of the patch. You ever just think about how PD has been adding Ferraris non-stop over the past three updates?
  • Ford Shelby GT500 '13 - This patch's returning American car, as well as one that was a 15th Anniversary car.
  • Gran Turismo - GoPro "Rampage" 1970 Camaro - December gave us a new SEMA GT Awards car while January gave us a new Pebble Beach car... odds are there's a pattern and the 2014 SEMA winner is next.
  • Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 - The token "new manufacturer" of the update. Most of them have either been American or European and the last "new" Asia-Pacific brand introduced in a post-launch update was Suzuki all the way in Christmas 2017...
  • Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - The token classic collector car of the update... and knowing PD, they might probably jack up the price to something absurd like they have with the other classics.
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 - This patch's token returning JDM/Asia-Pacific car. So far Mitsubishi and Subaru have the latest generation and a retro generation version of their "halo cars" (Evo X/VAB WRX STI and 22B STI/Evo IV respectively), maybe PD might add a 00's version of the Evo/WRX this time (with the '05 Hawkeye WRX following suit later along the line of course)
  • Toyota GR Supra '20 - Still got my eggs in the A90 Supra basket, even though the Detroit Auto Show is probably long gone at this point...
Next track is probably going to be Spa, complete with a banner somewhere on the starting line with Kaz's face saying "Never ask me for anything ever again".

Alright time to throw in mine. Some cars I put are related to last year's February Update and others have some sort of patterns.

- Toyota GR Supra '20 (I still have hopes on this if the GR Supra Racing Concept's inclusion were to be considered)
- Chris Forsberg's Formula Drift Nissan 370Z (the Dai Yoshihara BRZ of the update)
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4/Ferrari FXX/Pagani Huayra (the Lamborghini Aventador of the update)
- Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Team Phoenix) '12/R10 TDI '06 (the race car and Audi of the update)
- Lancia Stratos '73 (the old Alpine A110 of the update)
- Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 (the Ford Mustang of the update and it would also continue the streak of PD adding classic muscle cars)
- Chevrolet Nova SS '70 (the Dodge Challenger of the update and same as above)
- A fictional F1 car that's similar to the Ferrari F2007/F10 (the F1500T-A of the update)
- Toyota Supra Super GT Concept '20 (same goes for the stock Supra)

I can't think of any cars from GT6 that would fit to the profile of the Subaru Isle of Man WRX. Same goes for the Pantera.

Last edited:
Alright, let's go:

Track: Twin Ring Motegi

Cars:

1 - Mazda RX-8 Type-S '07
2 - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
3 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
4 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
5 - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
6 - Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '96
7 - Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
8 - Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
9 - Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra (JGTC) '97

About TCR cars, I don't know if any one developer has an exclusive licence to the homologated cars. I would guess based on the fwd Gr.4 cars we have now, these cars would most likely make it in GT Sport:

Audi RS3 LMS DSG
Peugeot 308 TCR
Renault Megane TCR
VW Golf GTI TCR DSG

There is a TCR Asia series and they also run TCR cars in Super Taikyu. Let's say that allows easier access(beides using models and online spec data) to some of the TCR cars in those series. They would be:

TCR Asia Series
Honda Civic FK2 TCR
VW Golf GTI TCR SEQ

Super Taikyu
Audi RS3 LMS
Honda Civic Type R FK7/FK8 TCR
VW Golf TCR DSG

Newly announced TCR Japan, could allow PD access to whatever cars will participate in that series.

So, we've seen when PD add a new series or add a group of cars to an existing series, it's usually three cars. If I guess what PD would pick, I'd think they'd debut the european TCR models:

2018 Audi RS3 LMS DSG
2018 Renault Megane TCR
2018 VW Golf GTI TCR DSG

Saw this in the slide show today and hadn’t noticed it before. Let’s call it an omen for next month. Sorry about the blurriness, the screenshot occurred to me at the last moment.

Attachments

• A1B94762-2AC6-4E04-800F-F65D360FED31.jpeg
    A1B94762-2AC6-4E04-800F-F65D360FED31.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 106
Saw this in the slide show today and hadn’t noticed it before. Let’s call it an omen for next month. Sorry about the blurriness, the screenshot occurred to me at the last moment.

There are plenty of cars in the museum slides that aren't in the game yet, like all of Infiniti's crossovers. Doesn't mean they're going to be added anytime soon. Are they more likely? Maybe. But it's no guarantee.

I thought update 1.32 was supposed to bring in some rally cars. It seems I was wrong, after all. Can we expect something new that's a lot more intriguing in the next update?

About TCR cars, I don't know if any one developer has an exclusive licence to the homologated cars. I would guess based on the fwd Gr.4 cars we have now, these cars would most likely make it in GT Sport:

Audi RS3 LMS DSG
Peugeot 308 TCR
Renault Megane TCR
VW Golf GTI TCR DSG

There is a TCR Asia series and they also run TCR cars in Super Taikyu. Let's say that allows easier access(beides using models and online spec data) to some of the TCR cars in those series. They would be:

TCR Asia Series
Honda Civic FK2 TCR
VW Golf GTI TCR SEQ

Super Taikyu
Audi RS3 LMS
Honda Civic Type R FK7/FK8 TCR
VW Golf TCR DSG

Newly announced TCR Japan, could allow PD access to whatever cars will participate in that series.

So, we've seen when PD add a new series or add a group of cars to an existing series, it's usually three cars. If I guess what PD would pick, I'd think they'd debut the european TCR models:

2018 Audi RS3 LMS DSG
2018 Renault Megane TCR
2018 VW Golf GTI TCR DSG

Or make race modified N class, like eg:
Honda Civic Gr. 4
VW golf Gr. 4
Ford Focus Gr. 4
etc...

The new Supra. I know I'm far from the only one who's expecting it. We got the racing concept last year (which will no doubt lead to a GTE entry) so I'm sure we'll get the road car. I wouldn't be surprised if we also got the GT500 Supra concept they recently showed off. I generally refrain from outright predictions as opposed to wanting new or returning cars but I know we're going to see this one eventually.

As for tracks November was the last time we got a real circuit. I'm betting on Spa returning.

Care guys, long post ahead!!!!!!

September Update : Fuji (From GT6) + 9 cars + New scapes (1) + New leagues/rounds (7) + Circuit Experience from Last Track added + Various bugs fixes

-Alfa TZ2 (Gr X) "Race car", ITA, PRE, From GT6
-BMW M3 GT (Gr3), "Race car", ALL, PRE, from GT6
-Mazda RX500 (N300), Road car, Japanese, PRE from GT6 (Concept)
-XNR Ghia (N300), AME, from GT6, PRE PebbleBeach Concept
-NSX Type R (N300), Japanese, Updated to premium, from GT6
-Z300 ZX (N300), Japanese, PRE from GT6
-911 GT3 996 (N400), ALL, New car to serie
-911 GT3 997 (N400), ALL, New car to serie
-VIPER SRT10 06, Ame, N500, Pre from GT6
==> 1 Gr X, 1 Gr3, 4 N300, 2 N400, 1 N500
==> 2 New cars, 1 Updated, 6 Pre From GT6
==> 2 Races car, 7 Road Car (Including 2 "concept")
==> 1 ITA, 3 ALL, 2 AMERICAN, 2 Japanese
==> 1 New manufacturer (Plymouth)

November Update : Barcelona (New track to series) + 9 cars + New leagues (6) + New scapes (1) + Circuit Experience + Bug fixes

Ferrari GTO, N400, pre from GT6
Maserati GranTurismo S N400, pre from GT6 (New Manufacturer)
Pagani Zonda R, GrX, Pre from GT6 (New manufacturer)
2008 Super GT Trio (Epson NSX, Petronas SC430, Xanavi Nismo GTR), Gr2, Pre from GT6
Jaguar E type (N300), Updated to premium
Mini Cooper S N200, Pre from GT6
Impreza 22B Sti, N300, Updated to premium
==> 1 GrX, 3 Gr 2, 2 N300, 1 N200, 2 N400
==> 2 New manufacturer added (Pagani and Maserati)
==> 3 Races car, 6 road cars
==> 4 Japanese, 3 ITA, 1 Eng, 1 All
==> 2 Updated to premium, 7 Premium from GT6

December Update : Tokyo Expressway update (New track, fantasy) + 7 Cars + New leagues (7) + New scapes (2) + Circuit Experience + Bug Fixes

Ferrari F50, N500, new to serie
Mclaren P1 GTR, GrX, New to serie
M3 Coupé, N400, Pre from GT6
Tesla S, GrX, Pre from GT6 (New Manufacturer)
Pontiac Firebird, N200, pre from GT6, New manufacturer
Corvette C2, N400, Pre from GT6 (Different engine??? But I consider as same)
Greddy Fugu Z, N300, New to serie (Sema Car)
==> 2 New manufacturer (Tesla and Pontiac)
==> 2 GrX, 1 N200, 1 N300, 2 N400, 1 N500
==>7 road car (I don't consider P1 or Fugu Z as race car)
==> 3 New to series, 4 Pre from GT6
==> 3 American, 1 Japanese, 1 All, 1 Eng, 1 Ita

January Update : SS Route X (From GT6) + 8 Cars + New leagues/round (5) + New scape (1) + Circuit Experience + Bug fixes

Porsche 356, N100, New to serie
Aston Martin DB3S, Grx, Pebble Beach, New to serie
Shelby GT350, N300, Pre from GT6 (New manufacturer??)
Ferrari Dino, N200, Pre from GT6
Nissan 350Z Z33, N300, Pre from GT6
Honda Integra Type R DC2, N200, Updated to premium
BMW Z8, N400, Pre from GT6
TVR Tuscan Speed 6, N400, Pre from GT6, New manufacturer
==> 2 New manufacturer (Shelby and TVR)
==> 1 GrX, 1 N100, 2 N200, 2 N300, 2 N400
==> 1 Race car, 7 road cars
==> 2 New cars, 1 Updated, 5 from GT6
==> 2 All, 2 Eng, 2 Japanese, 1 Ita, 1 Ame

SO :D , We got on 4 last updates : 7 new manufacturer, 33 cars, 4 tracks (2 real, then 2 fantasy) and , 25 leagues/rounds, 5 scapes, 4 Circuits experience, and Bug fixes

About the cars :
-5 GrX, 1 N100, 4 N200, 9 N300, 8 N400 (2 at each update), 2 N500 (1 Every 2 Update, so probably one at next one), 1 Gr3, 3 Gr2
-6 Races car, 27 road cars
-7 new to series, 4 Updated to premium, 22 premium from GT6
-7 All, 4 Eng, 9 Japanese, 6 Ita, 6 American

Then, a realistic February :
-(1 or 2 New manufacturer, honestly I don't think we will get a new one, no idea which one)
-8 new car, one new track (probably a Real one)
-6 or 7 new leagues/rounds offline
-1 or 2 new scapes location,
-Circuit experience for SS route X and various bug fixes
-2 All, 1 Eng, 2 or 3 Japanese, 1 Ita and 1 American car
-1 GrX, 1 N200, 2 N300, 2 N400, 1 N500. As last car, one N100 or Gr3
-2 new to serie, 1 Updated, 5 from GT6
-One pebble beach every 2 update???

If there is a post about the old premium list from GT6 with their respecting GTS class, it would be easier to "guess" the February Update. I expect the 300 SL to return soon. Now try to guess guys! And I suspect the track being Motegi or Spa this month.

:D

2 Peugeot PEUGEOT VISION GRAN TURISMO GR.3As much as I want to have more fictional race cars, I think there is a very slim chance of getting more of those. I read somewhere on this site that where it costs 6 months to model 1 car, it costs 1 year for a fictional race car.
I will agree that it will probably be less for a Gr.4 type of car, but I think it will be more likely that the next batch of fictional race cars will be introduced in the next iteration of Gran Turismo.

I think it will be more likely that there will be more Gr.B/Gr.3 Road Cars. But it is very unlikely that they will appear in the game.
  • Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car
  • Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
  • Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car
  • Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
  • Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 (Might also be interesting for COTW)
  • Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car (This one as well)
  • Jaguar F-Type Gr.3
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Gr.3
  • Nissan GT-R Gr.B Rally Car
  • Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car (Please with the 908 LMP spoiler and aggressive splitter, because I love the aesthetic of this car)
  • Subaru WRX Gr.3
  • Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
  • Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3
  • Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3
  • Citroën GT Gr.3 (it is a little bit different than the existing road car, and I think that the Gr.3 Road Car will be more radical)
  • Volkswagen GTI VGT Gr.3
  • Peugeot VISION GRAN TURISMO GR.3

But for cars that will appear, I refuse to be more specific than a couple of cars that have previously appeared in a GT game (I hope that there will be more quirky cars like the LCC Rocket and classic cars, but I really don't know) The knowledge that we have so far is that is is more likely that one or more of the cars is one of the 15th anniversary edition cars.
If there is a track, it is more likely that it will be a real track, because we had a fictional one in January. I commend all persons who search for patterns in past updates and try apply that knowledge to predict the upcoming cars
(And it will be free)

Had a look through the update history to see what can be expected.

Skärmbild (990).png

In the past six months there has been a total of 49 cars added, 34 were premium cars from GT6, 6 cars were standard cars from GT6 and 9 cars were not featured in GT6 (other).

For cars from 1990 or earlier there were 14 premiums, 1 standard and 3 other.
For cars newer than 1990 there were 20 premiums, 5 standards and 6 other.

On average there was a new car every 3.5 days and there was 8.6 cars per month.

So if the next update arrives about a month after this latest update we could expect:
8 to 9 cars.

3 cars from 1990 or earlier.
5 to 6 cars newer than 1990.

6 premium cars from GT6.
1 standard car from GT6.
1 to 2 cars that were not featured in GT6.

Edit: Added class and region data, changed the way days were counted and picked 30th of June 2018 as the start date.
Skärmbild (992).png

So basically, what we have per update in average is:

3.0 cars from 1990 or older

Source
5.7 premium cars
1.5 other cars
1.0 standard cars
0.0 Vision Gran Turismo cars

Class:
3.7 cars of class N300 or less.
1.8 cars of class N400 to N600
1.7 cars of Gr.X
1.0 cars belonging to another class (Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B)
0 cars of class N700 or above.

Region:
4.0 European cars
2.7 Asian cars
1.5 American cars.

Last edited:
Hmm wonder when it will land next month (this update). Start, middle or late February. Theres form on all times of the month. Would love the start of the month for 'obvious reason's.

Last edited:
Something tells me this will be added:

ee3568a9b95c9074ca2936ee43fbb891.jpg
I don't think it's very likely because it was a standard car. But that was my go-to 300+MPH SSRX speed machine in GT6!
--
I think it's likely or certain we're getting a Gran Turismo Award winner. Either if it's from Pebble Beach or SEMA and it'll probably be one of the skipped year cars.
2012 Pebble Beach: Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe '54
ferrari-500-mondial-berlinetta.jpg
2014 SEMA: GoPro Rampage 1970 Camaro
0a70e80cdde8049e065a460ca537a8f3.jpg

--

Also, why does everybody think we are for certain getting the new '20 Supra? Was it confirmed by PD? I'm just curious.

This guy ^^^

I expect an Audi VGT style mini patch with the ad spiel.

I suppose the A90 GT500 will replace the Lexus? like in real life, not in the game, I like my RCF.

Also, why does everybody think we are for certain getting the new '20 Supra? Was it confirmed by PD? I'm just curious.

That would probably be due to GT being practically the go to game for Toyota's. Previous versions of Supra cars on GTS. The GR.3 Supra, the 2 Supra cars, ft-1 cars (which the new Supra has taken design cues from). All signs point to new Supra soon on Gts. Whether they do or don't, we will just have to find out.

Last edited:

They literally had an update last year in April that consisted of exactly was one track, and one Supra. I think it's pretty much a lock-on, the question is only when are we getting it. (Although the GT500 version will probably come at a later date)

The list of possible manufacturers returning is getting smaller and smaller, and in that case I think I'm gonna side with @LotusEvoraGTE and the Isuzu on this one. It was already premium in GT6 (as opposed to the Dome Zero Concept) and it's close to home (Japan, I mean). The Cizeta V164T hasn't come back yet, but since it doesn't have as much name recognition (like Tesla, or Pontiac, or TVR, or Maserati, or Pagani), I think the Isuzu will come back first.

It's been a while since we got a Mistubishi, so a GTO would make sense.

The 2007 Ford Mustang V8 will probably come back before the 2013 Shelby GT500.

We keep getting Nissans left and right, so... how about a Silvia?

We've also had one Ferrari per month since November. However the FXX is bit too juicy, too wish-fulfilling, so we're probably gonna get a 430 instead.

This could be the Lancia Stratos update. Cars from the 15th anniversary roster have been coming back one at a time over the past few months, and we've heard a lot about this one.

As for the track, I would have though Daytona would come back at the start of the year, but the return of Special Stage Route X just throws it off. The Daytona 24h and the 500 are coming soon, which would be great timing (Le Mans came back just before the 2018 edition) but I just can't imagine PD giving us two ovals in a row. The roval will be included, no doubt, but people will take it as an oval first and foremost. Still, after a street circuit and fantasy track, a real circuit would make the most sense. Either way, no Spa. Not just yet. Just... make them wait a lil' longer.

All the new original tracks on PS4 share the same pattern: first, a very vast 3D location like the mountains of Dragon Trail or the lake at Sainte-Croix. Then Poly draws a road on this map. So I can understand why the first original track from PS3 is Special Stage Route X, it was already built on that model. Other examples are High Speed Ring or Apricot Hill :

Trial Mountain or Deep Forest are build on the opposite model: first, the road. Then the scenery. And the very close walls, tree tunnels are essential to keep the atmosphere of these tracks. IMO, we won't see them on PS4 for hardware issues.

I don't know why there is the obsession with scenery. If the racing is good enough you'd never pay any attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back